It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Just For Right-Wingers: A Huge Industry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I agree. Trevor is just not cutting it......and sadly, Colbert's show is really not living up to his potential. I miss them both immensely... (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and The Colbert Report).

Still love both of those guys, though.....

and I have to hand it to John Oliver. He is the bomb.

HE IS THE BEST. It doesn't get any better or smarter than John Oliver. At least from this place behind my eyes and between my ears where I live......

Seth Meyers has caught my eye, and Kate McKinnon from SNL, with Alec Baldwin as "Trump" is a real scream. A non-partisan, anti-msm extravanganza.....

edit on 11/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The person hosting/narrating the show is irrelevant.

I posted that as a compilation of clips, many were taken from local news affiliates around the country that offered no investigation into the allegations they were reporting.

You are the one labeling it a news show - - and fake.

So no, the news shows that are airing these clips are the one's labeling it as news. But yes, I am calling them fake.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think the really ignorant part is you assuming that people voted based on adverts on Facebook.

People can formulate teir own opinons, you know? Are you projecting or something? We get it...you have adopted the crowd mentality, wholesale.

You have this mental block where you are incapable of realising that people are free to formulate their own ideas and come from different perspectives to you.

But not everyone is a carbon copy of the blueprint meted out by the modern mainstream media, culture and education.

How can you deny ignorance when you're inherently blind, and are unable to realise or acknowledge this?

Your thread is ignorant, you are up there on that high-horse - full of how righteous and unfettered your mind is compared to the people who supported Trump. It's actually quite an eletist viewpoint...hey, I'm all for it - if you're an elitist then you're welcome to think ill of the plebs.

But when you're not an elitist, proper...and I'm sure you aren't...but are a pleb, like me - and you still go down that road, you're pretty low. Stop making out like you're more enlightened that the Trump supporting, mindless drones when you're no better.

For me...pretty much all voters are controlled. Stop voting, take some pride in yourself. Have some self respect.

Those who vote and perpetuate the game ain't denying anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
My apologies if this isn't the most coherent of posts but it's such a f'ing mess and it's very frustrating to have been watching it unfold.

Don't apologize, that was the most reasonable post in the entire thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

"adverts" on Facebook?

No. This is really not at all about Facebook. And obviously you are not an American, if you are calling it "adverts," by the way.

This is about the FACT that there are lots of websites that claim to be "news" but make up their stories just to get.....

Oh for F sake-----------------------------

We are TALKING ABOUT CLICK-BAIT

And furthermore, sir: most of the members on ATS don't regard Facebook as anything worthy of attention. So, no - it's not about Facebook. Nevertheless, the crap "news" lies that we get on ATS are the same ones that are circulating on Facebook. This thread is about ATS.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Seth Meyers has caught my eye, and Kate McKinnon from SNL, with Alec Baldwin as "Trump" is a real scream. A non-partisan, anti-msm extravanganza.....

This quote stands as a testimony to my last response.

You spouted a load of people who you saw on some tv or news channels or whatever, even Alec Baldwin...then go on to claim it's an anti-msm extravaganza.

Seems you place a lot of stock in what you're told by these 'smart' people you hold in such high esteem. Wow, how free thinking and open-minded!

This is the person we should all aspire to be..that's how it works, right? You see, you pick your side, you copy and adapt.

And tow that party line. Denying ignorance all the way...lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

Now if you could just do away with that pesky electoral college, eh?

So no comments on the topic then?

Did you miss the point where I pointed out the OP's focus on dismissing facts and substituting her own?

Seems to be pretty on-topic.

I must have, since it was such a brilliantly worded Ad-hom.

The OP's position is that right-wingers are doing nothing but pushing fake news and that the intellectual elite left isn't even capable of such a thing.

Since an ad-hom is entirely personal not an attack on a position, and I attacked the position above, can't really be an ad-hom attack now can it?

k.

Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

Definitely targeting the position and not the poster.

as for this:

All the more ironic given that your next contribution to the thread was to point out the absuridty of the liberals pretending they don't fall for fake news ever.

The article is titled: Fake news network 'tried to write fake news for liberals — but they just never take the bait.'

Pointing out that the OP is pushing a position, and attacking said position, is an ad hom, but not an attack on the position itself? I attacked the position, and pointed out the OP is pushing the position. They are not mutually exclusive achievements.

Saying "you're position is wrong and here's why" is not an ad-hom, no matter how much you try to bend it into one. The use of the word "you" does not automatically turn something into an ad-hom.

I'm done with your attempts to derail the thread. You're triggered by how I worded my comment and that's fine. It's also your problem, and I'm done indulging you in it.

K? K.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

Did you miss the point where I pointed out the OP's focus on dismissing facts and substituting her own?

The OP's position is that right-wingers are doing nothing but pushing fake news and that the intellectual elite left isn't even capable of such a thing.

This former Republican did not twist it your way.

Right Wingers are just plain gullible to sensationalism. Facts be damned.

And according to those on the right, the left are happy to make up their own facts and tell the right they're gullible when they don't believe the left.

Whoopee.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You are absolutely bang-on, I'm not American...and the relevance of that is?

So, as well as give us all a shining example of how to be an enlightened, ignorance denying carbon copy of every other free thinking liberal you employ both deceptive and theatrical methods to distract, smoke and mirrors.

Uh, yeah...you can't be american because you said 'advert'...come on people THIS IS CLICK BAIT!!!

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse for you, you came back and trashed it for my pleasure.

Much obliged.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

All liberal fake news sites

Show me one liberal "fake" news article. Except for that guy a while back who was making up stories for the NY Times, I never see anything outright false on non right-wing sites. Sometimes they may make some tenuous leaps admittedly, but never outright false stories, like a lot of alternative media.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

THIS:

And this, desert, is most confounding.
Part of the philosophy of liberalism that I first believed was that this was possible.

That what was necessary was to offer information, coherent information that all minds could grasp onto and over time digest to a degree that the old thinking, that the old adherence to past paradigms would dissolve in light of emerging knowledge.

As I understood the liberal philosophy in my youth, this was not just part of it but rather, fundamental to the whole idea of progress.

ABSOLUTELY. I totally and completely understand what you are saying here.

I have ever believed that, too. I still do, and that's why I keep coming here. And my "youth" is decades behind me....I'm still hanging in here. But (they will be glad to hear) only by the most irritated of nerves. I'm exhausted, though. Utterly exhausted.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'm done with your attempts to derail the thread. You're triggered by how I worded my comment and that's fine. It's also your problem, and I'm done indulging you in it.

Someone disagrees with me? Better accuse them of intentionally derailing the thread and being "triggered". I was done anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And according to those on the right, the left are happy to make up their own facts and tell the right they're gullible when they don't believe the left.

Whoopee.

I've been on both Right and Left.

I even voted for "W".

There is no comparison between the gullibility for sensationalism of the Right - - to the Left.

The Right eats up sensationalism, especially if its negative - - - like they're gonna starve if they don't.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

You are absolutely bang-on, I'm not American...and the relevance of that is?

So, as well as give us all a shining example of how to be an enlightened, ignorance denying carbon copy of every other free thinking liberal you employ both deceptive and theatrical methods to distract, smoke and mirrors.

Uh, yeah...you can't be american because you said 'advert'...come on people THIS IS CLICK BAIT!!!

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse for you, you came back and trashed it for my pleasure.

Much obliged.

you just don't get it, do you? You don't.

I am talking about the CLICK BAIT that people think is news but really isn't. You are just making it worse for yourself here by tossing out tweets that don't make any sense. The thread is doing fine. Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Diminishing the credibility of alternative news one fake news item at a time.

For years, conspiracy theorists have been diminishing the credibility of alternative news one thread at a time.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Whoopee.

It's easy to accept the Left feels sorry for everyone, but as soon as it's the Left feeling sorry for the Right, it's totally unbelievable.

I've always found that, as the very start, an interesting point. It's clearly denial the Right lives in, they are not as gullible, as it is to 'trick' them into 2 party system = enemies/allies.

The fact Republicans hate Democrats so much shows they lack political diversity as a base trait of the party.

Just saying it as it is, even with the massive uptick in election season, you're joking yourself if you think the Right criticizes the Left more than it's own internal echo chamber. The Left has a conscious as individuals and disagree with each other a lot. The Right are mindless Sheeple, who change their own opinions to suit a group narrative. People that sway too much from mainstream are lynched. People that conform massively are hoisted up.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

All liberal fake news sites

Show me one liberal "fake" news article. Except for that guy a while back who was making up stories for the NY Times, I never see anything outright false on non right-wing sites. Sometimes they may make some tenuous leaps admittedly, but never outright false stories, like a lot of alternative media.

NYT FAKE NEWS

Here's one. Now Eat Crow (again)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Do you suppose that's why it was Hillary supporters talking about how there's a special place in hell for women that didn't vote for her? Because they're so accepting of diversity and internal dissent?

link   

I disagree...I reckon my responses have actually made this thread a lot better.

You ought to be more grateful. Seems you dislike the rules here at ATS as much as you do with regards to the unfair election system. Presumably if some ATS mode came along and put a gag on me that'd please you.

I really like how, each time you respond, you let a little more of your real personality out. We'll get it in installments, but when the final piece is delivered - myself and some fellow bigots will get together and construct it over a mysogynist beer and inspect the final product.

to be pretty blunt, I reckon most of the whingers are only upset because Trump will make it harder to be a pervert...but what do I know?

I'm just a British pleb!

link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

This quote stands as a testimony to my last response.

You spouted a load of people who you saw on some tv or news channels or whatever, even Alec Baldwin...then go on to claim it's an anti-msm extravaganza.

You should really know what the person you're responding to is talking about before you try and criticize it.

Because they aren't talking about some news channel goof ball. They are talking about SNL and how funny it is.

You look foolish making the assumptions you're making and then trying to put forth an opposing argument for something that was never said to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join