It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Just For Right-Wingers: A Huge Industry

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

That wasn't really the point I was making; I don't really disagree with what you've said for the most part, but not all of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He's not presenting any of it as News though. He's just discussing it from the perspective of it's overall effect on society.

See this reply I sent to Annee:

The person hosting/narrating the show is irrelevant.

I posted that as a compilation of clips, many were taken from local news affiliates around the country that offered no investigation into the allegations they were reporting.

So no, the news shows that are airing these clips are the one's labeling it as news. But yes, I am calling them fake.

Thx.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Annee

We can go back and forth all day.

Left leaning people feel superior because of how inclusive they think they are.

Not my experience at all.

And, to tell the truth, my thinking is far more Right then Left in business type thinking. That's logic in how it applies to actual results and progression.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't support Trump.

you're making asumptions again, must be all that ignorance denying you're doing.

Nope, I don't support him, nor her...I'm British, anyway.

No, I made it quite clear in my response why I was responding, not only that - I thought I made it quite clear that I believe that voters are, by default - controlled. Willingly.

It's working out quite well though for the Trump supporters, me pointing out a few things. Truth is I'm just playing devlis advocate and am more impartial than someone like you could every truly realise. To your pseudo-elitist and oh-so enlightened mind there are two sides...and you're either one or the other.

A wise man once made a statement about a finger pointing to the moon - I'd quote it but fear it would be lost on you and only result in you looking yet more foolish.

You watch some lame, mainstream comedy show where some lame, Hollywood actors hams up and pretends to be donald Trump...and it's sooooo....funny! A-hyuk hyuk! He said wall!

ALEC BALDWIS SAID WALL...in a TRUMP voice, a-hyuk!

Aaaah, Hollywood celebs - the cornerstone of the free-thinking and enlightened.

Here to tell all the dumb Trump supporters they are stupid...here to 'help' them see the error of their stupid ways...hyuk!
edit on 26-11-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The Right wing conservatives are basically operating from a fear based mode. Of course a media outlet will focus on that demographic. A perfect platform for advertising and selling dried food, over priced gold and silver, knives, weapons, camo clothes and other paraphernalia that appeals to the fearful kind.

A savvy investor can capitalize on that mind set if they know how. I do....doin business the American way. Thanks capn Cheetos.

edit on 26-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I hear ya. One of the problems today is that everybody to the left of the right fringe is labeled "liberal". When John McCain gets called "liberal", something is wrong. The problem, which has been building since the 1990s, is that good conservatives either did not speak up, or speak out against, or tried to but were muzzled by others in their party. The good conservatives allowed this intellectual evil to flourish. If good conservatives cannot fight this extremism, what hope is there for those on the left?

The mainstream media also had a hand in all this intellectual laziness and irrationality by going along with bifurcated thinking, false equivalency, and now promoting fake news as something real.

I do not expect non-Americans (except for Canadians and serious, decades long students of American culture and govt) to understand exactly what has changed in America and why. This is NOT the same country of my youth, nor is it the same country of the 1990s.

A fish rots from the head down. When Republican leader Newt Gingrich says that facts don't matter, only feelings about things, we're in deep doodoo. (Newt exchange with reporter) When we have a POTUS-Elect who is intellectually lazy, irrational, and prone to repeating fake news, we are effed.

Physical "might makes right" is highly limited to turning around false belief. I remember how in the 1970-80s individual cult members were deprogrammed from their brainwashing. But how do you deprogram an entire nation caught up in a cultish mindset, where facts are ignored and fake news has great influence? Only war in Germany got rid of the cult of Nazism. And war with Japan broke their death cult beliefs. We currently are at war to break the ISIS cult.

How will America deprogram itself? At this point in time, I do not know. But we must.

link   

Exactly my point from my very first comment. I'm just as happy to point it out on the right as I am the left, if for no other reason than to watch the world burn.

Well, that really shouldn't be something you'd look forward to watching though is it??? What's the point in that??? That's not helping anything including yourself. Watching the world burn is a pretty sad goal to have in mind unless of course destroying the world is your goal.

If it is then we're on opposite sides of this. The reason to push for truth over lies is for the betterment of future times not for their destruction. We are supposed to be helping bring our brothers and sisters into the light from the darkness, not the other way around don't you agree???

link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

We can go back and forth all day.

Left leaning people feel superior because of how inclusive they think they are.

Not my experience at all.

It is mine. So should we keep sending anecdotal notes back and forth or just move on?

link   

He's not giving you the news. He's discussing the things people are saying and doing and giving advise on them. That's not news and it's not being presented as news.

Did you watch the video?

Two seconds into it you see:

ADVICE SHOW

NEWS

That's the intro to this guy's advice. He's discussing things people are saying as if it were legitimate news.

He has an intro, with some cool graphics, and the word NEWS in it. He has a desk, a still photograph of an early evening skyline of the city he is in, and a business suit with a microphone and a camera pointing at him.

For someone who's not dishing out the news, he sure is going to an awful lot of effort to convey it as such. He really looks the part of a newsman, don't you think?

You didn't even watch the video, otherwise how would you have missed the big capital letters NEWS on the screen?

edit on 11/26/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

So you're calling them fake yet provide no proof that they are. How do you know whether they've been investigated or not??? How do you know they are false???

You don't. You just decided not to believe them and you're calling them fake.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Exactly my point from my very first comment. I'm just as happy to point it out on the right as I am the left, if for no other reason than to watch the world burn.

Well, that really shouldn't be something you'd look forward to watching though is it??? What's the point in that??? That's not helping anything including yourself. Watching the world burn is a pretty sad goal to have in mind unless of course destroying the world is your goal.

If it is then we're on opposite sides of this. The reason to push for truth over lies is for the betterment of future times not for their destruction. We are supposed to be helping bring our brothers and sisters into the light from the darkness, not the other way around don't you agree???

Good christ. Watch a movie for once and you'll get the reference.

I enjoy pointing out hypocrisy. If it makes somebody see the forest for the trees, then it's a job well done. If not, that's not my problem and I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

He's not giving you the news. He's discussing the things people are saying and doing and giving advise on them. That's not news and it's not being presented as news.

The burden is not on me to have to disprove their allegations. They are the one's claiming to be legitimate news organizations, they are the one's reporting these claims without investigating them. I am basing this solely on the information being presented by them.

Deflect deflect deflect...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We Tracked Down A Fake-News Creator In The Suburbs. Here's What We Learned
The article long-link/metalink is "2016/11/23/503146770/npr-finds-the-head-of-a-covert-fake-news-operation-in-the-suburbs"

So yeah. This is actually really real news......

A lot of fake and misleading news stories were shared across social media during the election. One that got a lot of traffic had this headline:

"FBI Agent Suspected In Hillary Email Leaks Found Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide." The story is completely false, but it was shared on Facebook over half a million times.

We wondered who was behind that story and why it was written. It appeared on a site that had the look and feel of a local newspaper. Denverguardian.com even had the local weather. But it had only one news story — the fake one.

We tried to look up who owned it and hit a wall. The site was registered anonymously.

Mmm. Mmhmmmm......

So we brought in some professional help.

By day, John Jansen is head of engineering at Master-McNeil Inc., a tech company in Berkeley, Calif. In the interest of real news he helped us track down the owner of Denverguardian.com.

Jansen started by looking at the site's history. "Commonly that's called scraping or crawling websites," he says.

Jansen is kind of like an archaeologist. He says that nothing you do on the Web disappears — it just gets buried — like a fossil. But if you do some digging you'll find those fossils and learn a lot of history.

So, yeah. Jansen web-archaeologist says he'll dig around. He finds the origin (follows the bread-crumbs....[the money]) and reveals that Coler is the one behind it all.

Coler lives in a pastel-colored "beach house" in the suburbs:

On a warm, sunny afternoon I set out with a producer for a suburb of Los Angeles. Coler lived in a middle-class neighborhood of pastel-colored one-story beach bungalows. His home had an unwatered lawn — probably the result of California's ongoing drought. There was a black minivan in the driveway and a large prominent American flag.

We rang the front doorbell and a man answered, his face obscured by a heavy mesh steel screen. I asked for Jestin Coler. The man indicated that's who he was. But when I asked about Disinfomedia, he said, "I don't know what to tell you guys. Have a good day."

But a couple of hours later he had a change of heart. He sent us an email and we set up an interview.

Sounds pretty real to me.

Coler is a soft-spoken 40-year-old with a wife and two kids. He says he got into fake news around 2013 to highlight the extremism of the white nationalist alt-right.

"The whole idea from the start was to build a site that could kind of infiltrate the echo chambers of the alt-right, publish blatantly or fictional stories and then be able to publicly denounce those stories and point out the fact that they were fiction," Coler says.

He was amazed at how quickly fake news could spread and how easily people believe it.

Am I being played? Maybe. But no more than any of us are, and probably a great deal less. Because critical thinking is critical. And Occam's Razor.

edit on 11/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
People don't care if their "news" is fake or real.

People only care if hurts the other "team" or supports their "team".

You can show evidence that 100% shows something is fake, and people will just shrug and say "whatever".

People so badly want to believe in their "team" that the truth doesn't even matter.

That ... is the bigger problem. People are willfully eating up fake news and propaganda because it makes them feel good.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: CB328

All liberal fake news sites

Show me one liberal "fake" news article. Except for that guy a while back who was making up stories for the NY Times, I never see anything outright false on non right-wing sites. Sometimes they may make some tenuous leaps admittedly, but never outright false stories, like a lot of alternative media.

NYT FAKE NEWS

Here's one. Now Eat Crow (again)

That isn't fake news. It's simply estimates that turned out to be wrong. Estimates do that now and then. Especially when trump supporters are elusive and dishonest.

ROFL Estimates that turned out to be wrong? HAHAHA!! And this news has nothing to do with Trump supporters, but with those opposing him who openly mocked him. They got their asses handed to them. They hated him so much in fact, that they created this fake news because it fit their plans and their arrogance that Hillary had to win by a landslide, a landslide that they created in their own minds.
edit on 26-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I still disagree it's taken as seriously by the Left.

For example, I seriously doubt Trump raped a little girl, but I'm a pedophile, if I disbelieve an even crazier theory that children are ordered like pizza.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

I don't support Trump.

I didn't say you did.

you're making asumptions again, must be all that ignorance denying you're doing.

Nope, I don't support him, nor her...I'm British, anyway.

Who's acting superior now??

No, I made it quite clear in my response why I was responding, not only that - I thought I made it quite clear that I believe that voters are, by default - controlled. Willingly.

It's working out quite well though for the Trump supporters, me pointing out a few things. Truth is I'm just playing devlis advocate and am more impartial than someone like you could every truly realise. To your pseudo-elitist and oh-so enlightened mind there are two sides...and you're either one or the other.

A wise man once made a statement about a finger pointing to the moon - I'd quote it but fear it would be lost on you and only result in you looking yet more foolish.

Oh I know the quote and the meaning of it too. So you need not mention it. Just continue acting as if you're smarter than everyone else. It's working out great for you so far.

You watch some lame, mainstream comedy show where some lame, Hollywood actors hams up and pretends to be donald Trump...and it's sooooo....funny! A-hyuk hyuk! He said wall!

ALEC BALDWIS SAID WALL...in a TRUMP voice, a-hyuk!

Ya. To laugh at something funny. How lame. Because the British as we know are the absolute masters of what's funny. (I actually like British humor to be honest. A bit Dry for some but I find it funny because of that.)

Just because you don't find it funny means very little. You aren't the one who gets to decide for everyone what is funny ya know. Feeling superior again???

Aaaah, Hollywood celebs - the cornerstone of the free-thinking and enlightened.

Here to tell all the dumb Trump supporters they are stupid...here to 'help' them see the error of their stupid ways...hyuk!

Really??? Not everything is some big conspiracy against you. Sometimes people are just joking. Nobody implied there was some lesson to be learned here other than you. It's a comedy show. Maybe you should treat it as such instead of thinking there is more to it than people poking fun at others.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Don't forget to reply to my posts, mOjOm.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I did watch it. Well, a little over half of it. It's a bit long.

He's presenting, as you point out, other news stories from other news sources. So maybe he's relying on those sources being correct then.

Perhaps they are correct too. You still provide nothing showing they aren't.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Prove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join