It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Just For Right-Wingers: A Huge Industry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Since when did rants get moved to political conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The air must be thinner up on that high horse named Progressive.

You're past pretentiousness and rolling into D-bag territory. I'm genuinely curious if you can address anyone as equal.
edit on 26-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

there is NO mention of conservative outlets seems rather fishy. almost like someone is trying to establish a complete meme of 'all liberal media bad, all conservative media good.

Yep

Bircher President: 'If You Like Ron Paul, You'll Love the John Birch Society'

From the source

"I always say to my liberal friends you better stop laughing at these people and pay attention. The ideas that you hear today coming from the right were generated in the '60s by the John Birch Society."

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm genuinely curious if you can address anyone as equal.

Doubt it considering that she is afraid to drive through her own state.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

Now if you could just do away with that pesky electoral college, eh?

So no comments on the topic then?

Did you miss the point where I pointed out the OP's focus on dismissing facts and substituting her own?

Seems to be pretty on-topic.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Shamrock6

Read the article. If you still don't want to believe it, then don't.

At least I know I'm not delusional.

A "martyr"? Take a few deep breaths. The article is not about me. The OP is not about me. It's about people being conned by liars. If you are one of them, then own it. It's not my fault.

I know fake news exists.

I also know some on ATS are clinging to it in an effort to make themselves feel better.

Less delusional, even.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here's another piece about fake news, focusing on facebook and how it was different for liberal/conservative accounts:
www.pcworld.com - Just how partisan is Facebook's fake news? We tested it...

We began our investigation last Monday, as the fake-news controversy gained momentum—and Facebook and Google began blocking sites that traffic in disinformation from their respective advertising networks. We set up two Facebook accounts, one favoring Hillary Clinton, and the other supporting Trump, then let Facebook recommend a series of news pages. In effect, we were asking Facebook to be our news service.

Also I'd like to see more conclusive evidence liberals don't fall for the fake stories. I looked at the OP, but all indications were the evidence was coming from the creator of the fake news. Are there other sources?

The OP's link sources this:
www.npr.org - We Tracked Down A Fake-News Creator In The Suburbs. Here's What We Learned...

Note the creator is saying the liberals wouldn't take the stories. What other sources are there to back up his or her statements?

I'm refrencing this comment, made by Jestin Coler:

We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out.

edit on 11/26/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And you'd be wrong.

Because the left told you that you're right, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

Did you miss the point where I pointed out the OP's focus on dismissing facts and substituting her own?

I must have, since it was such a brilliantly worded Ad-hom.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Buzzy, this is so true.

I used to be Republican. I used to watch FOX news.

But, along the way - - something happened - - about the time the Neo-Cons took over the Republican Party.

My favorite FOX News began to change. It became "Tabloidish". The more hyped and emotional the stories - - the higher the ratings went. Facts? Proof? Not interested.

Carnival Barkers - - is what Right Wing news is all about. (real conservative news is almost impossible to find)

I literally had to move on from FOX - - - my brain cells were dying. My logic was hiding in a back room somewhere.

That Rush and O-Reilly are #1 shows - - - is just damn scary. But, we have to let these people pick our president - - even though the majority votes otherwise.

edit on 26-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

edit on 26-11-2016 by Shamrock6 because: botched it

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The OP's position is that right-wingers are doing nothing but pushing fake news and that the intellectual elite left isn't even capable of such a thing.

Since an ad-hom is entirely personal not an attack on a position, and I attacked the position above, can't really be an ad-hom attack now can it?

All the more ironic given that your next contribution to the thread was to point out the absuridty of the liberals pretending they don't fall for fake news ever.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Buzzy, this is so true.

But, along the way - - something happened - - about the time the Neo-Cons took over the Republican Party.

My favorite FOX News began to change. It became "Tabloidish". The more hyped and emotional the stories - - the higher the ratings went.

I literally had to move on from FOX - - - my brain cells were dying. My logic was hiding in a back room somewhere.

That Rush and O-Reilly are #1 shows - - - is just damn scary. But, we have to let these people pick our president - - even though the majority votes otherwise.

So you are admitting that you let the news brainwash you?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
OP, you are the exact type of person that this made up "fake news" narrative is targeting. Thank you for proving that there are people who believe the crap TPTB throw at us. It is people like you who fall for this type of thing that will end up being responsible for the censoring of the internet and having it being turned into nothing but a propaganda machine that shuts down and discredits anyone that does not push their agenda.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The OP's position is that right-wingers are doing nothing but pushing fake news and that the intellectual elite left isn't even capable of such a thing.

This former Republican did not twist it your way.

Right Wingers are just plain gullible to sensationalism. Facts be damned.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Since an ad-hom is entirely personal not an attack on a position, and I attacked the position above, can't really be an ad-hom attack now can it?

k.

Definitely targeting the position and not the poster.

as for this:

All the more ironic given that your next contribution to the thread was to point out the absuridty of the liberals pretending they don't fall for fake news ever.

The article is titled: Fake news network 'tried to write fake news for liberals — but they just never take the bait.'

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Annee

Buzzy, this is so true.

My favorite FOX News began to change. It became "Tabloidish". The more hyped and emotional the stories - - the higher the ratings went.

So you are admitting that you let the news brainwash you?

Reading comprehension?

"I literally had to move on from FOX - - - my brain cells were dying. My logic was hiding in a back room somewhere."

Or are you missing the intentional injected humor?

edit on 26-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No, that is your overly dramatic interpretation of what the OP's position is but that isn't what is being said here.

You're overreacting to a very simple topic and in turn making it into a "My side vs. Your side" death match of insults and BS.

If you'd just calm down a little and actually read what is being said instead of knee jerking through it all you'd realize this.

In fact everyone needs to stop with the Right vs. Left superiority sh*t and stop fighting before anyone is going to get what is being said here.

There is fake news out there. That's a fact. Why not just start there without the partisan bias.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Choose your sources wisely. And stop attacking the people who are trying to help you see real reality. Don't be ignorant.

They have a closed loop mindset. A closed loop mindset of an intelligent mind.

My father had a degree from Northwestern University.

One of the messages I have for liberals is that they’re not going to change that basic viewpoint. We are not going to convert people who hold that viewpoint to a liberal view

from my prior Claire Conner interview

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

In fact everyone needs to stop with the Right vs. Left superiority sh*t and stop fighting before anyone is going to get what is being said here.

I think there is Right and Left drama.

BUT - - there is also legitimate Conservative and Liberal, Progressive, and all that fit into non-Conservative.

It is really hard to find good, logical, non-sensationalized Conservative news and articles. I usually have to look at Fiscal sites to find them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join