It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Just For Right-Wingers: A Huge Industry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: CB328

All liberal fake news sites

Show me one liberal "fake" news article. Except for that guy a while back who was making up stories for the NY Times, I never see anything outright false on non right-wing sites. Sometimes they may make some tenuous leaps admittedly, but never outright false stories, like a lot of alternative media.

NYT FAKE NEWS

Here's one. Now Eat Crow (again)

That isn't fake news. It's simply estimates that turned out to be wrong. Estimates do that now and then. Especially when trump supporters are elusive and dishonest.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: eNumbra

Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

Now if you could just do away with that pesky electoral college, eh?

So no comments on the topic then?

Did you miss the point where I pointed out the OP's focus on dismissing facts and substituting her own?

Seems to be pretty on-topic.

I must have, since it was such a brilliantly worded Ad-hom.

The OP's position is that right-wingers are doing nothing but pushing fake news and that the intellectual elite left isn't even capable of such a thing.

This former Republican did not twist it your way.

Right Wingers are just plain gullible to sensationalism. Facts be damned.

And according to those on the right, the left are happy to make up their own facts and tell the right they're gullible when they don't believe the left.

Whoopee.

I've been on both Right and Left.

I even voted for "W".

There is no comparison between the gullibility for sensationalism of the Right - - to the Left.

The Right eats up sensationalism, especially if its negative - - - like they're gonna starve if they don't.

Meh. I've always been in the middle, never voted a straight ticket in my life, and I would say both right and left are gullible to their own confirmation bias.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I disagree...I reckon my responses have actually made this thread a lot better.

You ought to be more grateful. Seems you dislike the rules here at ATS as much as you do with regards to the unfair election system. Presumably if some ATS mode came along and put a gag on me that'd please you.

I really like how, each time you respond, you let a little more of your real personality out. We'll get it in installments, but when the final piece is delivered - myself and some fellow bigots will get together and construct it over a mysogynist beer and inspect the final product.

to be pretty blunt, I reckon most of the whingers are only upset because Trump will make it harder to be a pervert...but what do I know?

I'm just a British pleb!

*Filthy imperialistic British pleb.

FTFY

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yet another thread painting yourself as intellectually superior, a martyr, and right all at once. Why debate actual points when you can just say the source is fake and dismiss it outright? Only one set of "facts" matter, and that's the one you're pushing.

This whole "fake news" thing is really a godsend for the liberals right now, isn't it?

If I give you a P.O. Box and a promise to send you the best in LEGIT FACTS that support whatever you like, will you send me a check on the regular?

I have the best facts.

All the bestest people say so.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: samerulesapply

This quote stands as a testimony to my last response.

You spouted a load of people who you saw on some tv or news channels or whatever, even Alec Baldwin...then go on to claim it's an anti-msm extravaganza.

You should really know what the person you're responding to is talking about before you try and criticize it.

Because they aren't talking about some news channel goof ball. They are talking about SNL and how funny it is.

You look foolish making the assumptions you're making and then trying to put forth an opposing argument for something that was never said to begin with.

No - you failed to see the obvious, perhaps you should re-examine the content.

To claim you deny ignorance, and tell everyone you disagree with that they are ill-informed and that you have all the answers...to act out like you're somehow in a position of enlightenment, that bull# 'I'm trying to help you...see sense' stupidity.

Then go on to later state how SNL - particularly Alec Baldwins Trump, is a non-partisan, msm extravaganza...is hilarious.

And everyone knows it.

People are just upset because I pointed it out, that's all. Don't shoot the messenger, ignore me for I'm only a nobody.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Here's an example of fake news that has surfaced from the morally bankrupted, regressive left:

You provide no proof at all that anything being presented in that video is false. They don't provide anything proving it to be true either but they are also just discussing them in a general way and the implications of them with the assumption that they are valid.

However, unless you can provide proof that they are not true you can't call it fake news. You have no more proof they are fake than they have that they are real.

So how is it ok for you to dismiss them as fake without doing any investigation??? You're no better than they are in that case.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: imjack

Do you suppose that's why it was Hillary supporters talking about how there's a special place in hell for women that didn't vote for her? Because they're so accepting of diversity and internal dissent?

Yeah, you see, it's easy to call those people Democrats from your perspective. Maybe less from mine. Doesn't change the fact they are Democrats, but the imagery the Right uses to depict anything is so absurd, I can't formulate this any way other than I love those people, no matter how ignorant they are.

Something about the ignorance of Patriotism I think is the core issue, but the results aren't something that is easy to address.

Anyway, true "Liberalism" is 'multiple parties winning' they don't want 'consistent winners' so, it's easy to run an election against Republicans and throw. The issue is that no one other than Democrats and Republicans have won, so that ideology has failed. The reason Democrats do so well, is they ACTUALLY address Republican ideals and even STRATEGIES while in office, while the entire Dems office is wrecking-balled whenever a Republican takes office. Not sure if you understand what I meant by 'echo-chamber' but, here look at this way, this means there are CHRISTIAN democrats, for them to believe in hell, I'd call that a step forward.
edit on 26-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Heh...yeah.

I'm an imperialistic pleb, pay me no heed!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I have ever believed that, too. I still do, and that's why I keep coming here. And my "youth" is decades behind me....I'm still hanging in here. But (they will be glad to hear) only by the most irritated of nerves. I'm exhausted, though. Utterly exhausted.

I know what world I would want to live in. After all, I was a Flower Child of the late 60s/70s (minus drugs, kids took priority). It was such an amazing time.

But, I'm also a logical realist. History has always been about struggle for power. Need vs Want and Greed.

Its so weird to me. You'd think the Left would be emotionally attracted to the sensationalism, but they don't have as much competitive drive to be superior to others like the Right does.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Alec Baldwin being Trump isn't partisan. It's a parody of him and it's funny as hell. They parody Clinton too and poke fun at her failures and character flaws too.

Just because you don't like it when Trump gets made fun of is neither here nor there. It doesn't make them partisan either. They make fun and joke about politicians all the time.

It would be partisan if they only did it with Trump but they do it with all of them.

I'm not claiming to know more than anyone or anything either.

You're the one who said something about Alec Baldwin as being part of a "some tv or news show". I'm just pointing out that the poster was talking about SNL and not the news.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Its so weird to me. You'd think the Left would be emotionally attracted to the sensationalism, but they don't have as much competitive drive to be superior to others like the Right does.

Stop! My side is hurting from laughter!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If you're going to say that they're not representative of the left as a whole entity, I would agree with you. But I would also disagree with the claim that Trump is representative of the right as a whole entity, also.

I understand what an echo chamber is. I don't agree with your assertion that the left is free of it. As somebody that crosses political "boundaries" with ease, I see the same activity from both sides even when one side or the other claims it isn't happening on their side.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Stop! My side is hurting from laughter!

Yeah. That's a typical response in how people usually deal with uncomfortable truths when they have difficulty accepting them.

Hopefully in time you'll stop trying to deflect against it by treating such things as a joke and simply accept them and grow from it. But who knows for sure. You might just continue to choose denial instead.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So no comments on the topic then?

Did you miss the point where I pointed out the OP's focus on dismissing facts and substituting her own?

Seems to be pretty on-topic.

I must have, since it was such a brilliantly worded Ad-hom.

The OP's position is that right-wingers are doing nothing but pushing fake news and that the intellectual elite left isn't even capable of such a thing.

This former Republican did not twist it your way.

Right Wingers are just plain gullible to sensationalism. Facts be damned.

And according to those on the right, the left are happy to make up their own facts and tell the right they're gullible when they don't believe the left.

Whoopee.

I've been on both Right and Left.

I even voted for "W".

There is no comparison between the gullibility for sensationalism of the Right - - to the Left.

The Right eats up sensationalism, especially if its negative - - - like they're gonna starve if they don't.

Meh. I've always been in the middle, never voted a straight ticket in my life, and I would say both right and left are gullible to their own confirmation bias.

I don't agree. In my experience people of the Left are less competitive and more accepting of diversity.

People on the right are more competitive, have narrow concepts of what a person should be, and tend to feel superior.

Although, most people - both sides - tend to be followers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always been that person "set apart" - - the kid standing outside the circle. Not by choice, just who I was born to be, apparently.

I don't really fit anywhere

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You provide no proof at all that anything being presented in that video is false. They don't provide anything proving it to be true either but they are also just discussing them in a general way and the implications of them with the assumption that they are valid.

However, unless you can provide proof that they are not true you can't call it fake news. You have no more proof they are fake than they have that they are real.

So how is it ok for you to dismiss them as fake without doing any investigation??? You're no better than they are in that case.

Once again,

It's fake because it is pure allegation. Now I cannot disprove the allegation likewise they have not attempted to prove their allegation. But that's why it's not news.

It's fake, until they can verify it, it isn't news.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No side is innocent or void of any responsibility than any other. All sides have degrees of hypocrisy, transference and projection. At the same time, as Chris Rock would say, "Nobody is above an ass wooping" either.

Both sides have a bias toward their own. Both sides produce and get caught believing in false stories and bad reporting.

Once we can all accept this as true and stop bickering about who does it more and all that sh*t. Only then can we possibly start correcting for it. Until then however, we will all just fight with each other and continue losing the war for our own minds.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

But I would also disagree with the claim that Trump is representative of the right as a whole entity

I would disagree with the notion Trump won because of Republicans also.

The issue is Conservatives are stereotypical and conformists and there are lots of them. If they had someone that was a clone of their ideals, it would be shut down instantly. Trump as an elect was pandering to the middle and the 'outside'.

You might think voting Trump makes someone a Republican this election. I don't. Many Republicans didn't vote Trump, and many non-Republicans did. It was probably record breaking.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We can go back and forth all day.

Left leaning people feel superior because of how inclusive they think they are.

They think they're inclusive, as long as whatever the subject matter is fits their definition of what should be included.

So, essentially, whatever can be said about the right can be said in some fashion about the left.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Exactly my point from my very first comment. I'm just as happy to point it out on the right as I am the left, if for no other reason than to watch the world burn.

This thread just happened to be about how wonderful the left is and how stupid the right is.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

He's not presenting any of it as News though. He's just discussing it from the perspective of it's overall effect on society.

Whether or not some guys really did hit that guys daughter with rocks isn't the point. He believed that it happened and he seemed pissed about it. Whether or not all those other stories people wrote in were in fact exactly what happened also isn't the point being talked about. Maybe they were and maybe not. But the guy behind the desk is taking them at face value and discussing them all and the effect they're having on society and the implications of it all.

He's not giving you the news. He's discussing the things people are saying and doing and giving advise on them. That's not news and it's not being presented as news.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join