It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Was Up Tweeting at 3am Again....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
interesting, that somehow trump is violating the 1st by cancelling a meeting based on the way he is slandered, but no one says a peep about obama...

"If we can't discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems,"

as he calls for social media to censor 'fake news'...

irony, met pot and kettle...

www.cnet.com...

"If people, whether they're conservative or liberal, left or right, are unwilling to compromise and engage in the democratic process and are taking absolutist views and demonizing opponents then democracy will break down," Obama said.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It is not a violation of free speech to agree an off the record discussion.
It was the NYT right to refuse the terms.
It was Trump's right to insist on them.
Both parties are still free to say what they want.
You also have absolutely no idea of the specifics of the conversations between Trump and the NYT, so spare us.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
CNN

Apparently a separate meeting was planned between Trump and NY Times executives. Trump decided to cancel the meeting after
some unspecified terms and conditions were changed.

President-elect Donald Trump backed out of a meeting he had called with The New York Times on Tuesday, saying on Twitter that the "terms and conditions" were changed at the last minute."Not nice," Trump said in an early morning tweet. He called the newspaper "failing," a favorite insult.

In a second tweet minutes later, the president-elect said: "Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!"

He just sounds so whiny. And cranky. Maybe he needs afternoon naps if he is going to be on Twitter at 3am all the time.

Our president elects comes off like the biggest crybaby pussy I've ever witnessed. Jesus...

Do men even tweet? I work around forestry people and wildfire fighters, real man's work, and they never tweet. GET TO WORK TRUMP!!!!

Sleep is a pretty simple task to accomplish. It's like hes so immature, inferior, and weak that all the people who bash him keep him up all night. Trump has zero self esteem hence why his life is based on over compensating. Maybe the cool kids didn't like him in military school. Btw, that's where immature runts go to school. It's not like he comes from a military family. Put the pieces of the puzzle together and we all already know a Trump in our own lives. No one likes the Trump of our microcosm.

Get some sleep Donny. You already have 25lb bags of plums hanging from your undereyes and you haven't even done anything as president yet. Pansy.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Trump is, without question, using his position as President Elect, to set ground rules, that he has no right to set, on what the news is to be shared and how it is presented.

1st Amendment violation!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

CNN

Apparently a separate meeting was planned between Trump and NY Times executives. Trump decided to cancel the meeting after

President-elect Donald Trump backed out of a meeting he had called with The New York Times on Tuesday, saying on Twitter that the "terms and conditions" were changed at the last minute."Not nice," Trump said in an early morning tweet. He called the newspaper "failing," a favorite insult.

In a second tweet minutes later, the president-elect said: "Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!"

He just sounds so whiny. And cranky. Maybe he needs afternoon naps if he is going to be on Twitter at 3am all the time.

Our president elects comes off like the biggest crybaby pussy I've ever witnessed. Jesus...

Do men even tweet? I work around forestry people and wildfire fighters, real man's work, and they never tweet. GET TO WORK TRUMP!!!!

Sleep is a pretty simple task to accomplish. It's like hes so immature, inferior, and weak that all the people who bash him keep him up all night. Trump has zero self esteem hence why his life is based on over compensating. Maybe the cool kids didn't like him in military school. Btw, that's where immature runts go to school. It's not like he comes from a military family. Put the pieces of the puzzle together and we all already know a Trump in our own lives. No one likes the Trump of our microcosm.

Get some sleep Donny. You already have 25lb bags of plums hanging from your undereyes and you haven't even done anything as president yet. Pansy.

You're having a go at Trump for being a crybaby, and then proceed to write this?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
interesting, that somehow trump is violating the 1st by cancelling a meeting based on the way he is slandered, but no one says a peep about obama...

"If we can't discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems,"

as he calls for social media to censor 'fake news'...

irony, met pot and kettle...

www.cnet.com...

"If people, whether they're conservative or liberal, left or right, are unwilling to compromise and engage in the democratic process and are taking absolutist views and demonizing opponents then democracy will break down," Obama said.

You people are obsessed with Obama. If you're that interested then give him a call and ask him on a date. You must think a lot of him because whatever Obama does, you compare everything to his actions and words.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Trump is, without question, using his position as President Elect, to set ground rules, that he has no right to set, on what the news is to be shared and how it is presented.

1st Amendment violation!

He is perfectly within his rights to decide what he shares with the media.
To violate the 1st amendment he would have to stop them saying what they wanted to say.

Can you name something he is stopping them from saying?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Agreed, but seeing the complete implosion on the left is actually very interesting. Watching an entire way of thinking collapse and then expose it's flaws so comprehensively is something I think will be written about for years to come.

Indeed. The political scientist in me finds it all very fascinating...but also has me concerned on a different matter.

Valid and honest opposition is a healthy thing for democracy and freedom. I'm a conservative, but that doesn't mean I don't want my views challenged. It keeps me honest and helps me to grow.

What has happened to the left in this country is baffling. How did they let it go this far?

My only hope is the right will not over-reach and follow the left into the ashes.

Remarkable times.
edit on 22-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

CNN

You're having a go at Trump for being a crybaby, and then proceed to write this?

Lol. Awwwwwww. More crying from the disney club. Did I insult your fuhrer? I slept great last night btw. Donny did not because he was tweeting like an 11 year old girl.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It is not a violation of free speech to agree an off the record discussion.

It is, when the conditions of meeting are in opposition to the very objective of the press, which is to report the news, serve as a watch dog for the people and alert the people to questionable activities that may not be in the best interest of the people.

It's not in the best interest of the people for the press to make promises with government officials to keep secrets from the people as a condition to access to government representatives.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

To violate the 1st amendment he would have to stop them saying what they wanted to say.

That is exactly what he's doing. He's trying to stop them from saying what they want to say, by threatening defamation and financial ruin through his very public Twitter rants.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

he is still free as president elect or president to decline to do interviews. for what ever reasons.

show me in the Constitution that says he has to do interviews with the press. show me a law. he does not have to give interviews only requirement is to address congress and the nation.

fact is you can't, there is no such law.

edit on 22-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Most people don't understand, really, really ambitious people hardly sleep.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It seems Trump decided to go to the meeting. The newspaper never changed any conditions. It seems Trump was still having a hissy over their Monday coverage on business conflicts of interest. That I read, it's true and in no particular tone. Come January we will have Twitter whiner in Chief.
edit on 22-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That is exactly what he's doing. He's trying to stop them from saying what they want to say, by threatening defamation and financial ruin through his very public Twitter rants.

They have the freedom to continue to slander, smear and defame, but should absolutely face serious consequences for doing so. That seems reasonable.
Have you not yet figured out the days of screaming racist (and other accusations) with no evidence are near their end? That is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The Constitution doesn't guarantee the government the right to free speech. The Government has no right to free speech, nor to abridge free speech in any way. The Constitution guarantees The People freedom of speech and Freedom of the Press and that it shall not be abridged by government interference or intimidation.

When Donald Trump puts condition that require the suppression free speech upon members of the press, in order for them to have access to The President Elect and his Transition Team, he is violating the 1st Amendment.

edit on 22-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Trump can choose who gets access and who does not. He can also sue them for libel.

edit on 22-11-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They have the freedom to continue to slander, smear and defame, but should absolutely face serious consequences for doing so.

If that should prove to be the case, then the injured parties can take the offenders to civil court and claim their damages and punitive fines. But, the government has no right to interfere or censor anyone's speech before the fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

CNN

So, let me take notes here. Only firefighters are real men, and anyone who goes to military school are pussies. Got it.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Trump said that the paper's remarks were "nasty in tone". Trump is trying to dictate to the NYT what they can print and how they print it. That's a violation of the 1st Amendment.

Please tell me you are kidding.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join