It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Was Up Tweeting at 3am Again....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The Constitution doesn't guarantee the government the right to free speech. The Government has no right to free speech, nor to abridge free speech in any way. The Constitution guarantees The People freedom of speech and Freedom of the Press and that it shall not be abridged by government interference or intimidation.

When Donald Trump puts condition that require the suppression free speech upon members of the press, in order for them to have access to The President Elect and his Transition Team, he is violating the 1st Amendment.

Every citizen has the right to free speech. Govt. employees do not lose it.

The freedom of the press is not being abridged by sharing information off record. Quite the contrary, sharing information off the record can add context and it's been happening for decades. Trump could simply not speak with them and do the bare minimum of providing prepared statements, but is choosing not to with the NYT. That's a credit to him.

As for the meeting, it is back on, so either the NYT agreed or Trump just isn't going to share much with them.

edit on 22/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Trump can choose who gets access and who does not.

It's a violation of the 1st Amendment to try to bribe The Press for to that access by forcing them to abandon their main objectives and require them to disseminate state sanctioned news only. We don't have State Media. We have constitutionally protected Freedom of the Press.

edit on 22-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It's a violation of the 1st Amendment to try to bribe The Press for to that access by forcing them to abandon their main objectives and require them to disseminate state sanctioned news only. We don't have State Media. We have constitutionally protected Freedom of the Press.

Go ahead and bring a case against him.
Keep us updated on how you do.

I, for one, promise not to laugh. I can't speak for the judge though.
edit on 22/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Government employees may not use their position to threaten others for exercising their freedom of speech or to threaten the freedom of the press.

The President (elect) can't be sued for doing his/her job. But, they can be sued for violating or abusing their position.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Go ahead and bring a case against him.

LOL, well, it won't be me, obviously. I'm just a loud mouth onlooker. But don't be surprised when the lawsuits DO start rolling in!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Government employees may not use their position to threaten others for exercising their freedom of speech or to threaten the freedom of the press.

The President (elect) can't be sued for doing his/her job. But, they can be sued for violating or abusing their position.

Govt employees have the right to free speech. Period.
As yet there have been no threats to free speech of others, including the press. Criticism is not a threat.
When, and if, Trump says he is going to stop them from saying what they want to say, then you have reason to complain.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And, the people have a right to sue/impeach them for abusing their positions by suppressing the freedom of the press.

As yet there have been no threats to free speech of others, including the press. Criticism is not a threat. When, and if, Trump says he is going to stop them from saying what they want to say, then you have reason to complain.

You're completely wrong about all of that. The Hamilton cast comes to mind!

This whole topic hinges on 1st Amendment rights and Trump's desire to sidestep them.

Trump is not a king or an emperor. He answers to the press, the press informs the people.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Trump should remember his adderall is ONLY for his add.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The Constitution doesn't guarantee the government the right to free speech. The Government has no right to free speech, nor to abridge free speech in any way. The Constitution guarantees The People freedom of speech and Freedom of the Press and that it shall not be abridged by government interference or intimidation. .

as a president elect or president he didn't lose his rights to free speech or any others for that matter. he is a citizen first and president elect/ president second, and entitled to his rights, can't be the other way around. if he feels he is being slandered,or libeled he has every right to say he may bring a defamation suit. that is not a violation of the 1st. he is no way stopping them from printing or saying anything.

When Donald Trump puts condition that require the suppression free speech upon members of the press, in order for them to have access to The President Elect and his Transition Team, he is violating the 1st Amendment.

you still didn't show me a law that says he has to do interviews with the press, or let them have access to him or his team.
there is no law that says that.

you can claim it till the cows come home, the fact is they have no rights to them. in fact he could just ignored them and said nothing, or sent them a responce saying no.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Come January we will have Twitter whiner in Chief.

Lol I assure you the whiner and chief resides right here at ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

And, the people have a right to sue/impeach them for abusing their positions by suppressing the freedom of the press.

As yet there have been no threats to free speech of others, including the press. Criticism is not a threat. When, and if, Trump says he is going to stop them from saying what they want to say, then you have reason to complain.

You're completely wrong about all of that. The Hamilton cast comes to mind!

This whole topic hinges on 1st Amendment rights and Trump's desire to sidestep them.

Trump is not a king or an emperor. He answers to the press, the press informs the people.
Yes but he can choose which press he allows into his press releases. You are also argueing a hypothetical situation as none of that has happened yet.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ah, I think I see the problem here. You are blinded by hate and stupidity. it's OK.
Trump, when he becomes President, will answer to the citizens of the US. It's the press' job to accurately and without bias, report things to the citizens of the US on what Trump may or may not do. To think that anyone "owes" anything to the media is laughably idiotic.

I'd suggest a civics class, but you may need a few pre-requisites first.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

originally posted by: savemebarry
interesting, that somehow trump is violating the 1st by cancelling a meeting based on the way he is slandered, but no one says a peep about obama...

"If we can't discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems,"

as he calls for social media to censor 'fake news'...

irony, met pot and kettle...

www.cnet.com...

"If people, whether they're conservative or liberal, left or right, are unwilling to compromise and engage in the democratic process and are taking absolutist views and demonizing opponents then democracy will break down," Obama said.

You people are obsessed with Obama. If you're that interested then give him a call and ask him on a date. You must think a lot of him because whatever Obama does, you compare everything to his actions and words.
Wow. Out on a date huh? You burned 'em right up.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: loam

You have as of yet failed to demonstrate how he is doing that.

He's trying to make a deal with media outlets, by threatening them through social media shame and pressure, to report "the news" the way he wants them to, or . . .

He must think they're all Brietbart.

Gawd, I hope they all fight back. And continue to fight back.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: reldra
CNN

Apparently a separate meeting was planned between Trump and NY Times executives. Trump decided to cancel the meeting after
some unspecified terms and conditions were changed.

President-elect Donald Trump backed out of a meeting he had called with The New York Times on Tuesday, saying on Twitter that the "terms and conditions" were changed at the last minute."Not nice," Trump said in an early morning tweet. He called the newspaper "failing," a favorite insult.

In a second tweet minutes later, the president-elect said: "Perhaps a new meeting will be set up with the @nytimes. In the meantime they continue to cover me inaccurately and with a nasty tone!"

He just sounds so whiny. And cranky. Maybe he needs afternoon naps if he is going to be on Twitter at 3am all the time.

Our president elects comes off like the biggest crybaby pussy I've ever witnessed. Jesus...

Do men even tweet? I work around forestry people and wildfire fighters, real man's work, and they never tweet. GET TO WORK TRUMP!!!!

Sleep is a pretty simple task to accomplish. It's like hes so immature, inferior, and weak that all the people who bash him keep him up all night. Trump has zero self esteem hence why his life is based on over compensating. Maybe the cool kids didn't like him in military school. Btw, that's where immature runts go to school. It's not like he comes from a military family. Put the pieces of the puzzle together and we all already know a Trump in our own lives. No one likes the Trump of our microcosm.

Get some sleep Donny. You already have 25lb bags of plums hanging from your undereyes and you haven't even done anything as president yet. Pansy.

You're having a go at Trump for being a crybaby, and then proceed to write this?

Lol. Awwwwwww. More crying from the disney club. Did I insult your fuhrer? I slept great last night btw. Donny did not because he was tweeting like an 11 year old girl.
You should go back and read your posts.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm sorry but someone has to say it.

TRUMP IS A WHINY LITTLE BITCH!

edit on 11/22/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yes but he can choose which press he allows into his press releases. You are also argueing a hypothetical situation as none of that has happened yet.

It has happened. It happened on Monday. Tuesday morning Trump tweeted his intent to alienate and threatened the NYT as a result to their reaction to his unconstitutional demands.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

He can choose who he wants to do press releases too. Period. He does not need to allow everybody who is "press" into his releases. Period.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ah, I think I see the problem here. You are blinded by hate and stupidity. it's OK

No, the problem is that Donald Trump can't circumvent the 1st Amendment as President Elect.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

So calling for censorship of media, a violation of the 1st is ok if he does it, but if trump cancells a meeting, he's the bad guy.

Nice ad hom though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join