It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiva the Trident holder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I consider any institution who understands the basic needs of humanity and provides them is far better off than trying to unravel the mysteries of the universe.
I believe that any institution providing the most basic set of rules to avoid conflict is more humane.

The calendar that the early Druidic society provided was intended for four seasons and the " moving of the herds " - a nomadic way of life, not agriculture. The crop most likely failed as often as it was a success.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: tikbalang

The stories people tell of their Gods, tells you about those people. You seem to be missing this.

No, it tells me if someone did their homework or not

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Once again. Druidic Society is not a thing. Druids were part of the Western Celtic speaking peoples. They tended NOT to be nomadic neighbour. You are confusing the PIE reconstructed culture with their descendants.

Clearly you need to research the Druids and the Celtic speaking peoples more

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Which you clearly have not. You ignore the peoples in favor of fitting your cookie cutter theory

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

They tended NOT to be nomadic neighbour

Exactly the point i was referring to, mislabeled calendar..

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Care to cite proof that their "calender's" caused crop failures? No seriously?

You are dodging the fact you don't know very much about the Celtic Peoples.

If we look at the Western most Celtic speaking peoples, the Irish kingdoms. Their were four fire festivals which are all associated with the Crops.

Samahain, the meat harvest. They culled the weak in the herd before winter.

Imbolc. Probably the first new members of the herds are born

Beltaine a return in fertility of the crops

and

Lughnasadh, The first fruits (grains mainly).

However your assertion that the crops failed, is not based on any facts. Unless of course you can prove it

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The crop most likely failed as often as it was a success.

Old farmers almanac link

Brigids Cross, seasonal Link
edit on 20161121 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Those are NOT proofs. Try again.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

or you could just ask a farmer

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

A farmer is not likely to know the historical facts. Again you made a comment you can't back up. So you are shifting the goal posts. You implied that the calander the Celts used (you did not specify the calendar for the record, just said it was there) was unsuited for them being farmers, as opposed to herders. You've provided no proof. Thus Hitchen's Razor may be applied. Enjoy the close shave

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

A farmer provides food, thats pretty much what they do.. Without agriculture, its nomadic..
And being nomadic means, you move from one place to another during the seasons..

Try figuring out the rest.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You are shifting the goal posts again neighbour. You are avoiding points you can not answer, in an attempt to not admit you were wrong.

I thus return to the fact you can not apparently provide evidence that the various Celtic speaking peoples were poor farmers.

Until then, you have lost.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's not a game, it's human history. The problem starts when you believe the story narrative is falsified to fit the "empire" and their evil expansion..

Just use a bit of common sense, it's a gift from nature. Try expanding your consciousness instead of repeating something like a robot.

Was the celts a culture? Yes. What was their narrative? Well, you have to understand the basic elements of mythology to realize which culture influenced theirs..
If you start with that simple narrative, you can actually see the cultures which expanded their own creation myths and the ones who were tricked into theirs..
Reading the same storyline with a different scenery becomes somewhat boring..

And hearing the repetitive words from you makes me sad cause it's a great mind being wasted on a repetitive speech.. I hope you find peace in life and follow a story that makes you happy..

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Non- sequitur alert.

You said that the "Druidic calander" (which one is that again?) was based on a herding lifestyle, not an agrarian one. Then implied that the crops would have failed because of this. You pulled out a bad link to PIE religion (there are better ones, I provided one) as evidence. That does not constitute evidence.

I am a student of history, the various Celtic Speaking peoples survived well farming. So you will need evidence to say otherwise.

The Celts were not a single culture. They spanned a great amount of time and space. The Gauls and the Gaels and the Britons all were different. What they shared was a parent language group, and some cultural similarities (for example the caste system).

You have yet to prove your theories. I am not using repetitive words, I am repeating the facts. There is a difference.

Oh and you end with another logical fallacy, by implying something about my mental state.

Run along child.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This is what i said

The calendar that the early Druidic society provided was intended for four seasons and the " moving of the herds " - a nomadic way of life, not agriculture. The crop most likely failed as often as it was a success
'

I am a student of history, the various Celtic Speaking peoples survived well farming. So you will need evidence to say otherwise.

No you are not a student of history, you are a student of Celtic culture.

(for example the caste system).

Here we have a clue!!! Ask yourself, why did they have a caste system? What other cultures also had it? What common similarities does the myths of the druid community share with other cultures?

Do you just read stuff and repeat them?

You have yet to prove your theories. I am not using repetitive words, I am repeating the facts. There is a difference.

Still repeating the words of someone else.. I have to do that when im doing a research report.. But i also have to make a cross reference with my own mind and its thoughts...
Would be great if you also did that.. Im not interested in you repeating, an ideal, a story, im interested what your mind tells you..

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Here is a quote; You can lead a horse to water (but you can't make him/it drink).

Ive tried, but realize it the xenophobic tendencies you idealize that makes you blind..

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Actually neighbour, I'm a subject matter expert in "Celtic Culture" but I've studied history (to the tertiary level) and Religious studies (also to the tertiary level) in my down time.

You rely on Wikipedia and various googled sources for your information. You are in no place to comment on peoples knowledge

Again show proof of your statements. Or recant.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ahh ad homenin attack, how cute.

What xenophobic tendencies do I have again? No spell it out. I'm antifa, I belong to Celtic Reconstructionists against racism. I'm married to a part Native American woman and I am part Polynesian myself. So go on, elucidate my xenophobia.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

not sure how you confused racism with a xenophobic mindset, but the further our conversation goes im convinced you truly are living in your own world of make belief..

but I've studied history (to the tertiary level) and Religious studies (also to the tertiary level) in my down time

This stands for you, but im convinced that you lack knowledge in most of those fields of expertise.. Even the Celtic..

This is how it stands out, if you are happy in your world.. Who am i to judge, but you do claim a lot.. But only thing ive seen is a modernized wishful ideals of an ancient culture..

Its like you took on a role in a play, but cant get out of character..

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Xenophobia is a synonom for racism. Especially as "race" is a construct of social tendencies, not an actual genetic thing. Most people "hate Germans" or "hate the Irish", or "hate those are a cultural thing. Thus Xenophobia. Historically people talked about the (say) "Irish Race" when they mean "the Irish culture". Thus the Celtic Reconstructionists against Racism, are also against bigotry in general. You are ill informed.

You actually can't illustrate my lack of knowledge by saying I have it, you just say it is so, and assume that is proof. Logic is not a strong point in your arguments.

So again, illustrate the Xenophobia. Or recant. That was an ad hominem attack on your part. You must prove it, or it must be considered you are resorting to logical fallacy to try and destroy arguments.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join