It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Majority of women are not in a position to have a child, so yes it should be allowed.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My point went over some people heads, this isn't the 1800's.
Until the majority feminists push for respecting the unwanted unborn, things will stay the same as they are today.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ok.....As much as I am against abortion. ...I have to concede that ultimately it's not my place to tell someone else what to do with their body/baby ...I am not responsible or accountable for their choices....in the end...free will trumps my opinion any day of the week ...I can push against it as hard as I want. ...But I will never prevail....it's just the way it is and I have to accept it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther
The big question is when does life begin. Well on the lighter side I have a solution. Three women were eating lunch together. One woman was Catholic, one Protestant and the other Jewish. They discussed when life begins. The Catholic lady went first saying it was at the moment of conception. Next the Protestant lady said when the child forms fingers and toes and took the form of a human. Last the Jewish lady pipes up and says you are both wrong. It's when the dog dies and the kids move out that is when life begins!!! Bada bing!!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

ATTENTION PLEASE:

This is an emotional topic, so any uncivil or trollish posts will likely lead to a Posting Ban. Be forewarned, keep it civil!

Do not reply to this post.

Add to the above, opinions of each other or rudeness is not the topic.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The OP is reasonable and logically sound. But it also opens a can of worms revealing that morals are not really involved in these types of controversies. Abortion is essentially impossible to justify from a moral standpoint. But its damn easy to justify from a practical standpoint to a degree where it actually shows the failure of morality to result in a better off society. Having a baby earlier than when someone is an enormous financial burden that can lead to a life of hardship that could have been otherwise averted. Early pregnancy can more or less be a life-ruining experience.

It seems like when it comes to abortion that morality leads to a worse outcome for society. So, I would say there are cracks in the system of morals I have yet to explore.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Women are going to find ways to destroy their unborn fetuses regardless of how you feel about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I share your view...
I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, as I don't really want to get involved, I guess I just want to voice my opinion.

Once a zygote has formed things are different and it's a developing life, killing it, especially your own, is just... well I don't have words for this except 'extinguishing the flame of a life'.

Problem is, so many people have already partook in this act and will defend their actions, because accepting that it was extremely morally wrong, would break them I guess.

PS. I don't believe in God or any spiritual deity - just so that religion isn't used to compromise my stance.
Just my 2 cents...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Those words...
Make me look at the human race with great regret and disdain.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Check this out, this is just about the nastiest most disgusting thing I have ever seen. The murderous cowards took down the original video, so this is all that's left.

I am sorry that you had to see this.
youtu.be...

I personally think EARLY abortion should be legal. I DETEST the nonchalant attitude our culture gives abortion.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

The original video is hilarious.

You should post the original in the interests of fair and balanced coverage.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Why does everyone get so emotional about this?

If you're against abortions, then don't have one.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You should read what I wrote. Did you read what I wrote?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: fractal5

I'm in no way religious, but it is disgusting to justify abortion because "early pregnancy is an enormous financial burden". Early pregnancies don't pop up out of thin air, a conscious decision is made to procreate and if you weren't safe enough then you are responsible for conception. This is where abortion for rape and certain circumstances can make sense, it was not consensual. Whether it should be against the law or not is up for question. Controlling people will not stop it. We know not enough about our universe to say whether or not they are committing murder or preventing a birth, perhaps they will find out when they pass.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I did a quick reread of the thread to confirm the feeling I was getting from the

thread was accurate.... and it was.

It was that the woman who found herself pregnant was somehow entirely

responsible for being in that situation .... on her own? .... then the venomous rage

begins punish her, make her pay sentence her to 9 months / 18 years?

So I start thinking where is her accomplice in this 'crime' there is no way she could

be alone in it .... every on knows it takes two?

When she first saw the thin blue line, who would be the first person she would tell? ..

HIM of course,

After all he was there when it happened wasn't he? eager, keen and persuasive no

doubt.

So what was his reaction to her predicament?

# That's wonderful .... # I dont want to be tied down yet .... # It's two early in our

relationship # Sorry I'm married .... # I was going to give my marriage a second

chance, or simply doing a runner.

I'm sure the women on here will have heard all those along with others.

Apart from the first excuse the pregnant woman is now totally on her own, and

literally speaking *left holding the baby* as her problem

While women are taking ALL the blame.... should have used protection, shouldn't

have had sex without using protection, deserve to be pregnant, need to be

punished, and castigated for being pregnant and in need of a solution for the

predicament they find themselves in ....they didn't impregnate themselves

WHERE IS THE MAN AT LEAST HALF RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDITION SHE

IS IN

So she has two choices, 1)abortion or 2)a single mother ever wonder why there

are so many single mothers?

Married women have abortions too!!

So I suggest some of the venom and nastiness get directed at those shame faced

men slinking away, and denying their responsibility for the reason that many

women need to have abortions.

And now I will get *flamed* by the self righteous.

edit on 19-11-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think the argument framed as pro-choice is wrong. In the vast majority of cases of abortions, women had the choice in the first place. Have unprotected sex or not. Choice.

A resulting pregnancy is a consequence of that choice. After a certain period of time, the unborn child is not the woman's body, it is the child's body and a woman should have no rights at all to murder the child.

Unborn children feel pain at about 20 weeks (latest science), but we're learning more all the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

A vesectomy is often seen as "perfectly effective". Did you know that a vesectomy actually has a lesser effectiveness than some IUD's? And that such IUD's are 99.9% effective? If used with a condom, which also protects against some sexual diseases, you would achieve almost perfect effectiveness.

Giving up sex - well, by all means, go ahead and help the fittest survive!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

Unborn human beings are living, separate, and unique. From the moment of "fertilization" better known as conception. a new human life is in existence..

No. No it's not. Until the age of viability at approximately 5-6 months, a fetus is not separate as it is parasitically dependent upon the mother. A recognizable nervous system doesn't even come into play until the second trimester, but 90+% of abortions are done in the first trimester.

Abortions do not take a life. Besides, even if they did, so what?

We don't force people to be organ donors after death, we don't force siblings or other close relatives to give bone marrow or kidneys if they're a match, so why is a pregnant woman not entitled to her bodily autonomy? Why is a woman subject to the physical, emotional, and financial rigor and legitimate medical risk in some cases of forcibly keeping a thing that is parasitically dependent upon her alive, but somebody gets to choose whether they want to be an organ donor.

You are literally giving more bodily autonomy to a corpse than a living, breathing woman.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Unborn children feel pain at about 20 weeks (latest science), but we're learning more all the time.

How much pain and suffering will that child experience if it lives? Remember - it will die anyway!!
If you care about ending suffering - don't make more sufferers.

edit on 19-11-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join