It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Majority of women who have abortion were not raped and/or did not commit incest.

They just didn't want their baby amd I have to say that's a thin line between first-degree pre-meditated murder

Civil rights are violated when people are deprived of their basic rights in a discriminatory fashion. Unborn children are deprived of life which is the most basic right of all simply based on their location their mother’s womb and their developmental status. This is discriminatory, inhuman, and cruel.

Unborn human beings are living, separate, and unique. From the moment of "fertilization" better known as conception. a new human life is in existence. Ending this life is not ending “potential.” It is ending a life.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

I'm going to play the devil's advocate because I strongly oppose abortion as I view it as a privilege, not a right. However, rights are granted upon birth, not conception.

DISCLAIMER: Reasons are moral and logic with a basis in biology, not religion.
edit on 17-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We are going to need a source. And hold on it may get nasty with this subject.

Majority of women who have abortion were not raped and/or did not commit incest.

(post by watchitburn removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

www.guttmacher.org...

Table 2 page 4 of 9. about 1.5% are rape or incest.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Let me guess you're a religious man who wants your understanding of religion and God to dictate womens bodies. You honestly dont know the many complex reasons why a woman would consider having an abortion. It is not a decision made in haste but something many women struggle with with to determine what is best for herself and her family.

Prepare to be flamed.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: seasonal

www.guttmacher.org...

Table 2 page 4 of 9. about 1.5% are rape or incest.

You mean only 1.5% admit to being raped or involved with incest.

Those stats are meaningless.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

A source was requested so I provided one. They're meaningless if you can provide evidence that they are meaningless. I highly doubt that rape or incest are high compared to simply not wanting the child.
edit on 17-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Your religious views have no place coming into play between myself and my Doctor.

Period.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Religious people should only be allowed to speak their beliefs in a church.

Look I said something inflammatory too.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The OP has no mention of religion yet all of you anti-life folk are yelling "Quit with your religion".

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

thank you

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

They just didn't want their baby amd I have to say that's a thin line between first-degree pre-meditated murder

Civil rights are violated when people are deprived of their basic rights in a discriminatory fashion. Unborn children are deprived of life which is the most basic right of all simply based on their location their mother’s womb and their developmental status. This is discriminatory, inhuman, and cruel.

Unborn human beings are living, separate, and unique. From the moment of "fertilization" better known as conception. a new human life is in existence. Ending this life is not ending “potential.” It is ending a life.

Would you compromise by making the morning after pill available over the counter without prescription in exchange for making abortion illegal except if the mother's life is threatened?

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Well that's your belief. So I'm proud of you for having it. I believe just the opposite. And guess what, my beliefs are just as valid as yours...maybe even more valid since the Supreme Court agreed with me 40 years ago.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Abortions should be legal up to 20 years after birth. By that time you can have a good idea of whether or not it's an acceptable human.

Edit:
Also, more abortions means less SJW snowflakes. Why someone hasn't pointed this out yet is beyond me.

These Trump policies are really tough on people. I think Trump should embrace human rights.

link   

Abortion is an ugly, barbaric practice.

But it is legal.

Someday, we'll evolve to a point where even the lives and rights of the unborn are respected. Until then, we'll have to deal with this barbaric practice.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
For many, having an unplanned pregnancy when they can't afford it would destroy them.

Kids cost money, so does food.

Perpetuating homelessness.

They both will suffer.

The world isn't black and white.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Someday, we'll evolve to a point where even the lives and rights of the unborn are respected.

Not in a culture wherein the abdication of personal responsibility is marketed as liberation.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Agreed. We've got a ways to go.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I may need a bag of popcorn for this thread.

My take is that this is still an issue with no easy answers. I personally think (and this is just my opinion) that women have a right to choose to a certain point. The people that think it's okay as long as it is before giving birth are batspit crazy imo. The people that think it is never okay to have one are also batspit crazy imo. I say.....1st trimester your choice, 2nd trimester depends on situation (obvious birth defects etc.), 3rd no chance in hell as by that point you lost your right, and if you don't want parenthood then give up for adoption.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join