It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: Agartha

Well let's just say I'm not even going to waste my time talking to a brick wall who calls themself a woman if you are a woman you don't deserve to be one if you've ever read any of my posts about women you'll see that I do consider women to be the more advanced of the two genders but as with everything there are exceptions and you have shown that sometimes those exceptions are to the extreme and since I'm talking to a wall I will build a wall of text here not that you'll take the time to read any of the words of it because obviously you only saw what you wanted to out of the last post that I made and if you couldn't handle being a woman you shouldn't have signed up to be one before you got here being a woman entails the responsibility of bearing children and carrying that child in your body for nine months yes that is a big responsibility a bigger responsibility than any responsibilities that a man has but as a general rule women are Advanced enough to be able to handle that responsibility unfortunately some that appear to be women are entirely too irresponsible and cold-hearted to ever have been in that role

Pal, I have three amazing children who are my pride and joy. I have never had an abortion but I will defend the right of women to do so, women are not just reproductive machines, they are here for much more than just pop out babies. Being a woman does not equal to having babies, just like being a man does not equal to being macho.

Also, I never signed to be a woman 'before I got here', what are you talking about? I just got two X chromosomes when my parents mixed their genes. And no, I don't go back and read people's posts, but the one I replied to was so misogynist it needed an honest answer.

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
If they really didn't want a child, they would not have engaged in that biological activity. Studies show that not having sex is your best option to avoid becoming pregnant.

Humans (and many other animals) have sex for pleasure, not to have babies. Religions are trying to sell us the old myth that copulation is only to make kids, but that's not true and women's anatomy are the evidence for that.

Huh, I don't recall anyone saying that...

He talked about sterilizing women for having abortions 'not due to rape'. But men are only punished for being rapists, not for making a women pregnant with an unwanted child. As you can see the punishment he suggests are harsher for women, which is typical with those who consider women inferior.

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Castration - that's a bit extreme. In all fairness then you should be condoning hysterectomies as well.

Of course it is, but posters here always want to punish women for unwanted pregnancies, but never men, hence my harsh suggestion. Some posters are advocating for sterilization for women who have 'abortions not due to rape', so I say let's sterilize the fathers of the babies too.

Which is not what I really advocate, what I like are societies where women are as free and equal as men are, and if men are in charge of their own bodies so should women.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy
And yet you failed to address the points that I brought up. I am not going to say if it is right or wrong. I am saying that the arguments against abortion are fundamentally flawed in ways that people do not look at the consequences of what would happen if it was made illegal or banned.

Facts are convenient and inconvenient details that should be looked at. Do you trust a woman has the right to make a determination of what goes on between her and her doctor? Do you not agree that what goes on between a doctor and a patient should be private? Should not a medical record be private and not open for public discussion? And what if the woman is pregnant, goes to another state or country and comes back not pregnant? And what about all of the cuts to the various social services programs?

Those questions alone should be at the core of the discussion when it comes to abortion, not just the procedure itself.

If you make abortions illegal, chances are there are going to be some form of criminal charge that goes along with such. And in doing so, one would put all women, no matter the age, at risk for prosecution, under those laws.

You mentioned rape, however, there is no discussion on how rape cases are handled or have been handled recently. There is no discussion on if the charges are false, about the suspects rights, nor how it is often under reported, or that the rapist could get off, or the mass back log of cases, where the evidence, the rape kits, are just sitting in a warehouse, and very few are getting checked and then the legal process going forward.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Throughout our history abortions always existed and they alway will. Being closed minded such as yourself and trying to control a woman's body and rights is authoritarian and stupid. If people like you and Mike Pence had your way and made it illegal again abortions wouldn't cease to exist. Stop being so dense and stop trying to dictate what women can do with their own bodies.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So lets say the baby is will have serious illnesses and mother can barely support herself. You think its smart to just torture the child? Its not so easy as you say.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If a woman wants an abortion, but the biological father wants to keep the baby, there shouldn't be an abortion, and he should get custody. It takes two to tango, and that child is just as much his as hers - but it's happening in her body.

In case of this happening in an established relationship, they should probably split up.
a reply to: Uberdoubter

first off... how much of a say the father should have is dependent on many things....
first of which would be just how much of a risk the pregnancy presents to the women.

second... I'm sorry, but if you are of the tendency of going around and dropping you sperm in one night flings, you should far less say than anyone who is in an established relationship...
and, in those established relationships, at least the ones worth having, I imagine the two would discuss the issue and the father would get a say, heck, there are abortions now that are not so much the mother's desires, but rather, she heeded to the advice of her spouse. to say that well, they should just break up, not taking into consideration the kids they might be parenting together as it is, the life that they've built together, well....
this is why abortion should be kept out of the legislative process and held in the hands of doctors and the mothers!!! at least they have knowledge of the situation and have some emotional attachment to it.
but, let's say that we did things you way... would some of the men start whining that they also don't have a say about the pregnancy when they would prefer that the women abort???

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
How many women are actually against abortion?

If it's my kid I wan't a say. By that I mean I want a chance to convince either way.
It's not my decision tho.

Unless you have stocks in coathangers being pro-life is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Civilly, rights begin at birth not at conception. Unborn babies have no rights.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Regardless, there has been over 1.4 billion abortions since 1980 worldwide.

Abortion Clock

This represents the greatest genocide in human history, the victims, "the unwanted unborn".
Only grown women can stop this now, society has progressed to the point that even if men want to stop it they can't.

This puts a massive obligation on womankind to end this genocide.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
but they do, in the third trimester or thereabouts, whenever it's deemed viable.
at least here in the US, most states have restricted access to abortion after a certain stage of development, which..
roe v wade allows, as long as there are exceptions regarding the mother's life and health
in some states (but then if the fetus is determined to be viable, they will just do a c-section usually) , the restrictions start at an earlier time even. the exemptions are usually things like:
health and life of mother, serious defects in the baby, and maybe rape.
to add to these restrictions is the fact that these abortions cost around $15,000 and well... if someone really wanted an abortion they would have done it at an earlier stage, when it was far less cheaper.
and then there is less than 5 doctors (you'd have to go back and read through earlier posts of mine to get the exact number) of doctors in the country that will do them.
and they pose a danger to the mother.
in simple plain terms....
there are very few late term abortions, most are done far earlier than that, and of those that are done, there is usually a danged good reason for it!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Only grown women can stop this now, society has progressed to the point that even if men want to stop it they can't.

?????
what has been said probably about 50 million times on these boards to women??
I think it went something like... JUST DON'T HAVE SEX!!!
the truth is there will aways be abortions, even in a near perfect world, because there will always be times when it's a medical necessity.
but oh, the poor, poor, helpless, powerless men!!!
wtf are you talking about!
one thing you guys could do is to stop having one night flings, get to know the women real well before you have sex, talk, and agree on the fact that if a pregnancy does occur, you will both love that child as much as you do yourselves.
preferable, hold off till there's a dang marriage certificate.
and then even with the marriage certificate, after each birth sit down and discuss weather yous are still willing to care and love an extra child, are you able to provide for it, and if the answer is no.... then just don't have the sex!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

This represents the greatest genocide in human history, the victims, "the unwanted unborn".

Do you really think 'single mothers' are all divorced or from long term relationships?

If you do you are living on another planet!!

Without thinking about it, straight of the top of my head I can think of at least half

a dozen women who are 'single mothers' because the refused the ultimatum from

the potential father to have an abortion.... What do you make of that?

All these men who are screaming about these irresponsible women having

abortions
..... you couldn't make it up

edit on 18-11-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow.. ALOT of emotional-based arguement here. You guys do realise that our ever-growing populating is creating huge strains on the earth right? It is also forcing humanity to create torture-farms for animals b/c good living conditions is too expensive for the masses.

Moronic christians are so dead-set on their fantasy beliefs that they can't see the most obvious problem that huge popuulation presents.

We moderate animal population for a reason. Somehow, humans are exempt from overpopulation. We keep creating insane reasons to why human beings should be allowed to reproduce without limit.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

they also seem to be blind to history, and how inhumane people have been treated in the past when overpopulation causes too big of problems. war's, genocides, work houses, eugenics (real eugenics where men and women are sterilized against their will because the powers that be deem their kind worthy of being extinguished from the world.

although we sometimes have instances of infantcide in the nation now, it is nothing like it was when there was no birth control available and abortion was illegal.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yep. The more human beings there is, the less the individual is important. It's almost impossible to argue with these folks because almost all of them are religious.

What does god do when overpopulation plagues a society?

Awnser : He does nothing.

War, famine and extremist happen while god does nothing.

It almost always comes down to the religious and extreme ideologists. They are always the ones who ruin the world. Peace would have probably came if it was not for man's extreme tendencies.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
after each birth sit down and discuss weather yous are still willing to care and love an extra child, are you able to provide for it, and if the answer is no.... then just don't have the sex!!!

[*cough* contraceptives *cough*]
edit on 18-11-2016 by ForteanOrg because: he forgot a star

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
What does god do when overpopulation plagues a society?

Awnser : He does nothing.

And He's the root cause for dyslexia too!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We need to encourage more masturbation as a public policy. This will cut down the number of abortions. No one ever got pregnant or a STD from masturbation.
edit on 18-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

HeHe. Well, humanity is really not ready for reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have always stated and will always continue to declare that I support pro-choice and I am not religious. I will support any woman, to terminate her pregnancy for pretty much any reason. I would go to jail beating down anyone trying to project their views upon any woman and injuring her in the process. I actually have...back when I was a teen...in support of a friend making her way to a clinic. But I also speak the truth and logic.

The life inside a woman is a living human being...her baby. This life at some stage is even able to survive without the mother. When the mother decides to terminate the pregnancy, she is deciding to end a life...the life of her baby. Not only can't I fathom that dilemma as a male, but I refuse to...because I couldn't deal with it. Therefore...I remain pro-choice.

To every single female out there I say this...I feel for you. I am sorry your situation requires you to make a choice no person should ever have to make. To decide if your child should live or die. I believe you will make the best choice for you, your family and the unborn child...and that is the best you can possibly do. But I will never accept that it isn't a child. If you wish to believe otherwise, I understand. Sometimes logic, finances and situations dictate the need for your choice but in the end, it sucks that you have to be in that position. I am truly sorry and wouldn't wish that on anyone. As a male...I wish I could take that pain from you, but I can't.

While it may sound cruel, or cold or mean...we have to acknowledge that it is a life that is ending. Yes, it is a fetus, yes it is a bunch of cells but it is also a child's life. You had little or no choice, but that shouldn't change the power of this event. Yes...you had to choose...and yes, you chose as well as you could, but a child did die. You are not evil...you are not non-caring, you are not a bad person. But in the end, and you will experience this for a long time...it is something you may never get over. But we should all understand that even if for all the right reasons, if even for all the logic, thought and love that you had to take into account...can't we still mourn the right choice is still a sad one?

I think that life deserves...at least that.

edit on 11/18/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

[*cough* contraceptives *cough*]

*cough* less than 100% effective *cough*

edit on 18-11-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join