It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women shouldn't be allowed abortion

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Majority of women who have abortion were not raped and/or did not commit incest. They just didn't want their baby amd I have to say that's a thin line between first-degree pre-meditated murder

Many of the women who have the procedure because they didn't want to have a baby do it early on. Later term abortions, are done illegally. Surely you know every pregnancy does not have zero issues where the fetus/baby is perfectly fine.

There has to be understanding that not wanting a baby is not always due to being irresponsible and using abortion as birth control. There's a whole gray area here to consider. From teen pregnancies to a woman being homeless or even one that has health concerns and should not be carrying a child.

Also, giving life has more to do than just letting a baby be born. That baby has to have needs meant. Some mothers and family's may not be able to meet those needs especially if the child has health concerns.

Do you suggest having addict mothers giving birth, to baby's with extreme birth defects? Ones that may cause the baby to not survive long after birth or will have to be under supervision for the rest of their lives? Needless to say that mother can't take care of those children if continuing with that life even if she became better the mounting medical bills may have the child sadly put up for adoption.

Special needs children, whether it be medical and or mental issues, have less of a chance of being adopted when more healthy children even have an issue finding a family. As adoption is not as cut and dry as people think, it has many regulations and is expensive and out of reach for many.

Also, foster life before being placed in a permanent family, can amount to mental conditions, sadly sometimes due to abuse, other times from a health condition that is already present.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What I said was extremely simple and undeniable and I'm afraid inescapable. ....But you did exactly as I expected. You can throw all the facts and figures in the world out there and it doesn't change it one iota ......and it really baffles me that you can't see that.

So you are basically saying that you don't care if there is suffering involved. ....as long as the pregnant woman has the right to opt out of it ? What about people exercising some self control or common sense and not get pregnant in the first place. ..and don't even start in with how many are due to rape.....we all know that's an extremely small number.

It should be standard procedure that any abortion that is not due to rape...or any one that is due to rape and not done as expedienfly as possible ( Service provided free by government program and rape charges MUST be filed ) The woman must be made sterile. And when the "rapist" is caught ....they should be chemically castrated.

I just really hope you guys see how you are trying to shove Justice up Karma's ass and I can tell you that it's not going to play out well at all....

I really hope you guys will wake up before you get this whole planet destroyed because that's exactly where we're headed the Earth itself will rise up and smite us if we don't get our # together real quick.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Nope, I am with the OP here and please check back through my posting history! You'll see I am absolutely NOT religious! You don't need to be religious to disagree with murder! Women will say... "It's my body!"... Erm no, it isn't! You have ANOTHER body growing inside you! That is the one you are attempting to kill! Not YOUR body!

If you slit the throat of a new born baby is that okay? What about if you cover it with a towel first so that you can't see it? Of course everyone will think that is disgusting! But while it's still in the womb it's okay? Lol That is neither reasonable nor logical!

The one exception I will make is the morning after pill... Then there is no excuse to have abortions at all! Can't just kill your kids because you changed your mind! It's sick and MURDER!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What I said was extremely simple and undeniable and I'm afraid inescapable. ....But you did exactly as I expected. You can throw all the facts and figures in the world out there and it doesn't change it one iota ......and it really baffles me that you can't see that.

So you are basically saying that you don't care if there is suffering involved. ....as long as the pregnant woman has the right to opt out of it ? What about people exercising some self control or common sense and not get pregnant in the first place. ..and don't even start in with how many are due to rape.....we all know that's an extremely small number.

What about teenagers? Yeah they are not ones at the top of self control or common scene. Parents have a right to choice in that. How about women with disabilities or even who just cannot support a child at the time(I explained this in my prior reply)?

It should be standard procedure that any abortion that is not due to rape...or any one that is due to rape and not done as expedienfly as possible ( Service provided free by government program and rape charges MUST be filed ) The woman must be made sterile. And when the "rapist" is caught ....they should be chemically castrated.

Determining sterility of women due to a choice is eugenics. Why would want want history to repeat itself. The eugenics movement failed more than once.

Expediently, doesn't always work that way. What if the said woman had complications further into the pregnancy resulting in having to have an abortion?

Basically that is saying she is guilty, incompetent and incapable of deciding her own future. If she decided to have children, with a partner she loved later for ex., she can't because she was sterilized.

I just really hope you guys see how you are trying to shove Justice up Karma's ass and I can tell you that it's not going to play out well at all....

I really hope you guys will wake up before you get this whole planet destroyed because that's exactly where we're headed the Earth itself will rise up and smite us if we don't get our # together real quick.

I'm pretty sure supporting eugenics would have you smited, don't you agree?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
What about people exercising some self control or common sense and not get pregnant in the first place. ..

Contraception is not 100% effective, even condoms are 98% effective which means 2 out of every 100 women would get pregnant whilst using a condom. Other contraceptions are about 95% effective. Those women did not want a child and if they get pregnant using contraception is up to them and ONLY them what they do with their bodies. Their decision only.

Oh no, if you are going to make a woman sterile due to her not wanting to become a mother, then it's only fair you also make sterile the man that made her pregnant with an unwanted child.

If we leave it with you in less than a decade 3/4 of the world population would be infertile.

Karma also comes to arrogant guys like yourself who are on a moral high horse and think women are third class citizens who should be the only ones punished for their unplanned pregnancies.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Agartha because: SPAG...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
Nope, I am with the OP here and please check back through my posting history! You'll see I am absolutely NOT religious! You don't need to be religious to disagree with murder! Women will say... "It's my body!"... Erm no, it isn't! You have ANOTHER body growing inside you! That is the one you are attempting to kill! Not YOUR body!

If you slit the throat of a new born baby is that okay? What about if you cover it with a towel first so that you can't see it? Of course everyone will think that is disgusting! But while it's still in the womb it's okay? Lol That is neither reasonable nor logical!

The one exception I will make is the morning after pill... Then there is no excuse to have abortions at all! Can't just kill your kids because you changed your mind! It's sick and MURDER!

Not sure who you are replying to, looks like your reply didn't work properly? If in case a reply to me;
You are not religious but you are male, correct? I agreed with the person I was replying to as well as added in that religious women and ones hat cannot have children are the most vocal in being against abortion.

Where did I say I support late term abortion for birth control means not medical problems where a child is more similar to a new born baby? I do not support that, so that is a moot point here.

Also see, I'm not supporting of using abortion as birth control.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here is a thought on the argument that an unborn baby, no matter what stage of the pregnancy, is not yet a human life and can therefore be terminated:

What if a woman is pregnant, and her husband doesn't want the baby to be born, so he decides to punch his wife in the belly hard enough to kill it? I'm pretty sure the mother would accuse him of murdering their unborn baby.

soulwaxer
edit on 18-11-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

How about another angle... I think abortion should be allowed at any time including after birth and well into adulthood. If a mother is disgusted by her 28 year old child then she should be able to kill it. She made it. She should be able to kill it at any time. No penalty. Just gone. Mama says so.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ohhhh, not this # again. For the love of god, people who will not and cannot understand the individual circumstances of those who choose to get abortions need to just shut the # up and stop trying to dictate the lives of people they will never meet or care about in the slightest. When there is no more: Homelessness, Poverty/Hunger, Rape, 100% effective birth control, etc. THEN your arguments will have basis and I will happily join you in crying out against abortion.

As someone whose name I can't remember said: Your life is important and sacred until you're out of the womb, but at that point you can go and die in a cold ditch for all they #ing care.

What if a woman is pregnant, and her husband doesn't want the baby to be born, so he decides to punch his wife in the belly hard enough to kill it? I'm pretty sure the mother would accuse him of murdering their unborn baby.

What the woman would accuse him of is irrelevant, I can accuse you of child molestation and bestiality if I feel like it, doesn't mean it's right. What would he be found guilty of in a court of law?
edit on 18/11/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
Unborn human beings are living, separate, and unique.

They may be living, and even be unique, but the umbilical cord clearly proves that unborn humans are not "separate".

I really wish that I could meet a "pro-lifer" who actually had the courage of their convictions, but every time I ask one "How many unwanted children have you adopted?"... I get a silent stare in return.
edit on 11/18/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Yet if that woman is killed, the person who killed her is charged with two counts of manslaughter/murder.

The problem with this being an international board is the differences in laws

between the different countries.

I don't know where your're from but here in the UK >>>>

Whatever moral standpoint you take, in the eyes of the law an unborn
child is not a person so you can't be charged with murdering an
unborn child.
A law of *child destruction* can apply to the deaths of some unborn babies
but only 16 people have been found guilty of the crime of child destruction
in 11 years in England and Wales, despite more and more attacks on pregnant
women. If the attacker of a pregnant woman wanted to hurt or kill her, the
law doesn't reconise any offence against the unborn child.

interestingly

Additionally the law of *child destruction* only applies when the baby
could have survived outside of the womb at that point ... and that is seen to
be 28 weeks into the pregnancy.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-11-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Well let's just say I'm not even going to waste my time talking to a brick wall who calls themself a woman if you are a woman you don't deserve to be one if you've ever read any of my posts about women you'll see that I do consider women to be the more advanced of the two genders but as with everything there are exceptions and you have shown that sometimes those exceptions are to the extreme and since I'm talking to a wall I will build a wall of text here not that you'll take the time to read any of the words of it because obviously you only saw what you wanted to out of the last post that I made and if you couldn't handle being a woman you shouldn't have signed up to be one before you got here being a woman entails the responsibility of bearing children and carrying that child in your body for nine months yes that is a big responsibility a bigger responsibility than any responsibilities that a man has but as a general rule women are Advanced enough to be able to handle that responsibility unfortunately some that appear to be women are entirely too irresponsible and cold-hearted to ever have been in that role

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
Contraception is not 100% effective, even condoms are 98% effective which means 2 out of every 100 women would get pregnant whilst using a condom. Other contraceptions are about 95% effective. Those women did not want a child and if they get pregnant using contraception is up to them and ONLY them what they do with their bodies. Their decision only.

Yes, they decided to engage in a biological activity that is designed to get her pregnant. Yes, she decided to let a man attempt to impregnate her and roll the dice. Totally their body, their choice.

If they really didn't want a child, they would not have engaged in that biological activity. Studies show that not having sex is your best option to avoid becoming pregnant.

If women are truly in control of their bodies they would be able to stop the pregnancy by willpower alone. But we are not in control of our bodies. A woman can no sooner will herself non-pregnant any more than she can stop breathing, stop eating, stop sleeping, stop pooping and stop peeing. There are just some facets of our biology we cannot control.

The only way to stop the possibility is to take what steps can be controlled, ie don't have sex until you are ready for the possibility of becoming pregnant.

Karma also comes to arrogant guys like yourself who are on a moral high horse and think women are third class citizens who should be the only ones punished for their unplanned pregnancies.

Huh, I don't recall anyone saying that...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I'd expect no less from any country that has no respect for life at any age.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

So, if we forbid women to choose when they become mothers, then let's make it equal and let's castrate every man that makes a woman pregnant with an unwanted child. Both parties should be equally accountable.

Castration - that's a bit extreme. In all fairness then you should be condoning hysterectomies as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
my ex admitted to me she got an abortion just to hurt her ex boyfriend.

I'm not generalizing, but this was heartbreaking to me and I left her. I am disgusted by abortion if it does not fall under "acceptable" reasons.
edit on 18-11-2016 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The difference is the unborn are perfect like God. Once people are born they bite the apple and become sinners so they deserve to die. Also, they deserve to die because they probably are liberals who vote for Democrats.

You need to get out and get some fresh air and while you're at it you can set the example by leaving this mortal coil. God will catch you on the way down.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Civil rights are violated when people are deprived of their basic rights in a discriminatory fashion

Embryos are not people, period.

Now if you're talking about late term abortion that's something else.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: reldra

That is simply not true.

You're still screwing with nature to avoid it's consequences.

You just defined ALL of society. If you want to follow this poor line of logic then you should go live in a cave naked, hunting and gathering for your food. No tools. No weapons. Just you and your wits against the elements. As nature intended.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
You need to get out and get some fresh air and while you're at it you can set the example by leaving this mortal coil. God will catch you on the way down.

Which leads on to all the self righteous on here making judgement's on other people .....

I wonder how many can pass this test

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast the stone

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join