It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking Researcher In Haiti Dies Researching Clinton Caracol Complex

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Disasters are great ways to nab children. They're separated from their families or their parents are dead, etc...

Human trafficking is a huge business, with what seems like an endless supply of victims. The more devastated an area, the more desperate the people, and they will believe anything and anyone, that dangles a carrot of hope in front of their face.

Posted this link in another thread, but think I will just go ahead and but the video here.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Another person killed in the wake of the Clinton's....

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

BREAKING: Mother of Monica Petersen says she DOES NOT BELIEVE her daughter committed suicide. Washington Post is covering this up.

voat.co...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Beyond Borders
5016 Connecticut Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20008-2023

Please pay close attention to it's street address and precise location on the map.

www.google.com...@38.955203,-77.0724361,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b7c9b999bd9571: 0x437a9acb996b9bae!8m2!3d38.955203!4d-77.0702474?hl=en

Beyond Borders is a Clinton Foundation funded organization focused on HAITI...and involved in children's slavery issues there.
beyondborders.net...
edit on 8-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Unbelievable !!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Mom knows. This is so interesting. A woman, like Monica, had loving involved parents. That's what my head tells me, not just my heart. You don't grow to be an incredible advocate for those in need without loving parents.

And that WaPo article stunk of obfuscation on manner of death.

ETA: So moved by her mom's words. *tears* Obviously a strong woman. But she isn't buying a suicide and so neither am i .
edit on 8-12-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What else would you expect from a paper that, was bailed out by Carlos Slim, a really good friend of Bill. Anything that might look bad for the CF. aint gonna run.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

What else would you expect from a paper that, was bailed out by Carlos Slim, a really good friend of Bill. Anything that might look bad for the CF. aint gonna run.

Slim is the largest single share holder of the NYTs as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Monica's mother from the post you linked:

VIDEO: vid.me...

See video beginning at the 10:25 mark.

Some quotes (in the order they were made):

"She seemingly took her own life by hanging."

"But since that time things that have come to light that just don't fit with Monica's life and her personality. When she went there 10 weeks ago, she was happy, she was up, she was motivated ... and so we don't know. What happened? What changed, so much?"

"Her family, her friends, her colleagues, just don't see this as being her. And yes, she was upset by some of her personal living conditions in Haiti, but she dealt with similar conditions in other countries. She knew she could leave and no one would place blame on her."

"So, we don't want to deny or blame as a family, but none of this seems to fit her. And maybe that's just the way it's always going to be."

"We will likely always have more questions than answers, about, about what transpired in that time."

I smell a rat.

Consider:

Although females attempt suicide at a higher rate, they are more likely to use methods that are less immediately lethal. Males frequently complete suicide via high mortality actions such as hanging, carbon-monoxide poisoning, and firearms. This is in contrast to females, who tend to rely on drug overdosing.[14] While overdosing can be deadly, it is less immediate and therefore more likely to be caught before death occurs.

Wikipedia

So, not only does Monica even considering suicide not fit, the method by which she is reported to have done so does not either.

edit on 8-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Theirs so much spin and propaganda, this might be slightly off. But we all have to do due diligence on what is placed on our news plate.www.washingtonexaminer.com... I assume this is purely for those among us that will go with the flow.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

"So, we don't want to deny or blame as a family, but none of this seems to fit her. And maybe that's just the way it's always going to be."

If her mom can move forward...on...with no answers, then I just can't help but wonder of she is fearful of losing anyone else by pushing.

That would be the only thing that might stop me from digging and digging and digging....my other kiddos.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Another comment in that thread has valuable information:

What I'm most interested in now is the organization Free the Slaves which is associated with the Human Trafficking Center in Colorado. Rex Hamaker[emphasis added by j&c], a colleague of Monica's, who testified with her in front of the Colorado Senate, and Claude d'Estree, her professor at the Korbel School, are both associated with Free the Slaves. Rex has posted several articles on the Free the Slaves website, and Claude appears to be a big promoter of it as well. This article describes how Claude met Jolene Smith, the CEO of Free the Slaves in Colorado:

d’Estree came to DU as a law professor in 2002. That year he attended a talk in Boulder by a woman named Jolene Smith. Speaking in behalf of a human trafficking awareness group called Free the Slaves, Smith didn’t pull any punches.

There were, she said, more slaves now than at any other time in human history; an estimated 23 to 27 million worldwide. Upwards of 17,000 were being trafficked into the US every year. ‘She told us that 50 to 100,000 human beings in this country are doing hard labor, or working in the commercial sex trade without pay and against their will,’ d’Estree says. ‘Human trafficking is 2nd only to drugs in terms of illicit profitability. I realized I had to do something about it.’

Back at DU, he established the ‘Task Force on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking,’ which brings together people from different disciplines to work on the issue. Then in 2008, he set up the only two- year graduate training program on human trafficking in the US.

Free the Slaves, apparently, works extensively on the ground in Haiti, and has a very glitzy website: www.freetheslaves.net...

HOWEVER, Free the Slaves, I've just discovered, is also a member of the Clinton Global Initiative. www.clintonfoundation.org...

Two CGI members, Polaris Project and Free the Slaves, have each made 2014 Commitments to Action that are examples of such collaborative and scalable approaches.

The question I have is, though, isn't it a HUGE conflict of interest to have an organization like Free the Slaves ostensibly investigating and helping people who are being victimized by sweatshops and slave labor in a Clinton Foundation project like Caracaol Industrial Park when Free the Slaves is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative?

I don't know if Monica was involved in the Free the Slaves organization in Haiti, but it seems like a very good possibility, given the fact that the Human Trafficking Center in Denver had close ties with it. It's worth looking into, I believe.

There is no doubt at all in my mind that Monica would have been involved in and partner with Free the Slaves; especially if someone she testified in front of congress with is as well.

She was going there for the express purpose of starting an NGO to help coordinate the efforts of other NGOs dedicated to human trafficking and slavery issues.

Oh, and help me out with the Beyond Borders connection? I seem to be missing it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

If her mom can move forward...on...with no answers, then I just can't help but wonder of she is fearful of losing anyone else by pushing.

That would be the only thing that might stop me from digging and digging and digging....my other kiddos.

QFT!

You know, this particular statement sure does seem to say that she'd like to be able to deny specifics or blame someone or something, and then she adds in the "but none of this seems to fit her."

Nothing anyone says matters before the word, "but." The entire emphasis from her in that particular sentence is that her mother is not convinced of what she's been told.

I know there's an element of "my kid would never," to be considered, but you also have to add the context of all the other reports about Monica; she was a vibrant person full of life and determined to make a difference in the world. A very strong willed person and on a mission. Her life had purpose and she carried the strength of her convictions proudly.

That is not the kind of person who suddenly commits suicide without also undergoing a drastic change in persona, which would have been noticed by those with whom she would have been in contact.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Good Catch.
I remember talking about Rex earlier in the thread...take a while to locate.
Just PM'd u

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

And, as her mother said, Monica had lived in terrible conditions before. Her family made sure she could walk away from terrible conditions without any judgment.

I think this is insight into what the 'suicide note' said.

It reminds me of my own niece who spent a couple of weeks in Haiti every year for the last five years. She went away to college, this year, in Ohio, and hated it. We all let her know we trusted her judgment...so she left after only two weeks. This kid lived in miserable conditions, in Haiti, and loved it and went back, again and again, because it was fulfilling for her to help the Haitian children she has come to love. She didn't like a Christian college she signed on for and left. We all embraced her back home.

Temporary living conditions as a reason to kill yourself? I am not seeing that as truth...much like Monica's mom isn't.

edit on 8-12-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Rex H. from earlier in the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Gotcha, btw it was Nov 19 that you posted about Rex. Looks like you found it, lol.

I'm right there with you.

Now, I still haven't seen anything from the School that Monica is listing as her employer.

Nothing on their facebook page, and still extremely sparse news coverage. WaPo and snopes.

I wonder what drew her attention to Haiti?

edit on 8-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: "stirke" doesn't seem to work quite like "strike" lol

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Monica Peterson's mom questioning the story of the Washington Post should raise alarms.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Note the Snopes link to this... the writer is paid by facebook.

Snopes

Dan Evon is a Chicago-based writer and longtime truth enthusiast. His work has appeared somewhere, and he earned a degree at the University of His Choosing. His exploration of Internet truth has been supported by grants from the Facebook Drug Task Force.

And just for giggles I went to the writer of snopes for the pixxgte scandal. read the writers bio PROVIDED by snopes.

Kim LaCapria is a New York-based content manager and longtime snopes.com message board participant. Although she was investigated and found to be "probably false" by snopes.com in early 2002, Kim later began writing for the site due to an executive order unilaterally passed by President Obama during a secret, late-night session (without the approval of Congress). Click like and share if you think this is an egregious example of legislative overreach.

edit on 9-12-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Yeah. They better not lean on her too hard...I'm sure the poor woman is very fragile right now.

Funny...this SO reminds me of Seth Rich's parents after Hillary's 'support' people left them.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join