It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's reversal on ObamaCare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: SaturnFX

I 100% agree. he just wants the potus legacy. I also believe he wants to create a dynasty for his kids. I've been saying this from day one. his supporters, imo, are the ones he should be worried about turning on him at some point, and I don't think it'll be pretty.

Yeah. You're right it won't be pretty. Over the last 8 years or so I've seen the right eat its own no matter WHAT their previous conservative credentials were and Trump has no conservative credentials. He will be thrown to the sharks REALLY quickly if he doesn't deliver for these wingnuts.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: SaturnFX

I 100% agree. he just wants the potus legacy. I also believe he wants to create a dynasty for his kids. I've been saying this from day one. his supporters, imo, are the ones he should be worried about turning on him at some point, and I don't think it'll be pretty.

He will be thrown to the sharks REALLY quickly if he doesn't deliver for these wingnuts.

I think you give the wing-nuts to much credit. To those folks Trump has already passed the low bar for being a successful President, he is white + male.

Yep...I said it.

Working on a snap-shot thread so we can have all the US economic facts in one place, from price of gas to GDP to wages to employment, interest rates, healthcare costs, deficit, inflation etc.

At least there will be a one stop touchstone to reference for what Trump actually does to the economy.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

it's not an excuse it's common sense. please share in it. it's a wonderful gift when used for good.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
See. You are still thinking traditionally. I've watched the crazies on the right eat their own for the simple failing of not being able to follow through on promises that were and are impossible to follow through on. Trump also made tons of promises that are impossible to follow through on. Thus I expect the same to happen to him. Sure initially most of his supporters will still be riding high on his victory and excuse many of these walk-backs, but it will catch up to him.

Personally, I look forward to doubting everything Steve Bannon does while serving under Trump like he reflexively does to everyone else.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it's not an excuse it's common sense. please share in it. it's a wonderful gift when used for good.

Common sense so common that it was literally his opponent's platform for fixing Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Those who understand "vision" don't seem to have an issue with this.

And the rest of us see that he lied out his backside to get your vote. Classic!

My God, you still don't get it do you? I seriously doubt very many people voted for Trump because they thought he was the best guy evah! I think they did becasue they wanted the attitude that was prevailing to stop. The arrogant, pompous, self riotous gloating that exists on the left. They were tired of being talked down to. And you folks are to ate up with smug to understand it, so you continue. Lets see how that works out for you. So far, it's been super.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

love your signature! I've been saying it's the silver lining.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

" The arrogant, pompous, self riotous gloating."

that perfectly describes trump. lol.

I feel like he lied to you.

edit on 16-11-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I agree. But you can't disagree with the truth of the left touting the same approach. Hell, you can see it in the replies in this thread. These "wingnuts".

Maybe someone will come along who can explain it on the level it takes for you guys to comprehend it.

ETA: to answer your edit: he was the same guy from start to finish. We all knew who and what he was. He didn't lie to anyone. In fact, just the opposite. Rather than pretend to be something he wasn't, he was the same asshole he usually is, right in front of the camera. It may be wrong, but I find that refreshing. You don't have to wonder what he really means, just look at his twitter.

Now he got the prize he didn't expect, and he has to speak nice. Apparently that's how some folks like it.
edit on 16-11-2016 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Common sense so common that it was literally his opponent's platform for fixing Obamacare.

It's a shame Obama didn't have that gift. He just keeps pointing to it and hoping it will somehow start working.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

please, you've never used the term libtard? snowflake? a bit self-righteous if you have, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

sure I have. when I was good and pissed off. And it didn't help my point any when I did, it made me look like a bitch. But then, I can admit that.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: BlueShaman
That doesn't sound like backpedaling to me, it shows Trump is flexible and that's a good thing.

"That's not poop, that's spent biomass in tube form"

If Trump was stubborn and unwilling to make compromises, you would still be complaining.

Who's complaining? I applaud his reality sinking in and him acknowledging. I am just saying, it absolutely is backpeddling, and thank the space gods.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So, he is not even in office and all you hacks are tearing him apart. He has consistenly said Obamacare needs to go. It will. This is what he said..

Trump said he would like to keep the provision forbidding discrimination based on pre-existing conditions and to allow young Americans to remain on their parents' healthcare plans. "Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced," he said, acknowledging that it was Obama, who met with Trump in the Oval Office for 90 minutes, who encouraged him to reconsider. "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that." Trump reiterated his plan in an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes" to ensure individuals with pre-existing conditions continue to have coverage. "Yes, because it happens to be one of the strongest assets," Trump said.

So he wants to continue to make sure those with pre-existing conditions will be covered and allow kids to stay on their parents plans. HOW is that saying he will not change the current laws?????

No one wants to discuss HSA's? Opening borders for a free market? Nope, just parrot what the MSM states.

edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-16T12:12:55-06:001255 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

sorry about the edit.

i hope he does well, I really do! I feel for the middle class (that's why his lies bothered me so much) and hope he is able to relieve their struggles. THAT would be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Who's complaining? I applaud his reality sinking in and him acknowledging. I am just saying, it absolutely is backpeddling, and thank the space gods.

I'm not complaining. This is pure gold. He should make a Reality TV show about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
All the liberals are now going to be upset that Trump may not be leaning as Conservative as he said? Or will they be happy? It's impossible to tell.

What I can tell is that however much compromising he does it will still be 1000% better than whatever Hillary would have concocted.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So he wants to continue to make sure those with pre-existing conditions will be covered and allow kids to stay on their parents plans. HOW is that saying he will not change the current laws?????

Biggest moanfest about the ACA was the mandate.

the mandate

the mandate is the only way you can keep pre-existing conditions. that's it. no possible way outside of that in any reasonable sane universe, period.

so...the core principle of Obamacare, the centerpiece of opposition, is required in order to salvage the best part of Obamacare.

the rest is nitpicking, Vets seeing either VA or private, etc..

You know this, now take just a brief moment of clarity and acknowledge you were sold propaganda verses reality..do it..it will feel refreshing to admit it was all a bit bs with the whole repeal/replace nonsense.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

oh we're estatic!

question is how will you feel?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Duplicate post.
edit on 16-11-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join