It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump's reversal on ObamaCare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Caught lying? About what?

and here is his birth cert...

blogs.abcnews.com...

I know it is easier to just start blaming him for everything instead of holding the person responsible, who is STILL in office, accountable. Before it was blame Bush now it is blame Trump.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

He has been saying the SAME thing since at least march. Where are the lies?

www.politico.com...

In addition to the proposals laid out on his website, Trump wants to keep Obamacare’s prohibition on insurers denying coverage to individuals with pre-existing medical conditions. But he also promises to strike the individual mandate, which many economists believe is necessary to make such a system work. Trump also wants to expand tax breaks for health savings accounts in order to broaden their use.

“We will work with Congress to make sure we have a series of reforms ready for implementation that follow free market principles and that will restore economic freedom and certainty to everyone in this country,” the plan posted on Trump’s website states. “The reforms outlined above will lower healthcare costs for all Americans,” Trump’s plan claims. "They are simply a place to start.”

Anything else on waffling?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

A compromise can be anywhere from just rewriting it a little bit, to completely repealing it and adding the main thing about it (pre-existing conditions) to Medicare/Medicaid and expanding and revamping those programs whilst leaving the rest of us the hell alone to get whatever we want.

This is way to early to tell what he's going to do to with the program, if anything. But just remember that he, as president, has no power to alter a law without congressional approval, so the real question will be, what will Congress send his way to sign?

ETA: But like has been noted prior to my comment, without the mandate that the whole of America purchase healthcare or get "taxed" (financially penalized), providing expensive care for people with pre-existing conditions will be unaffordable. And like I've noted in other threads, I think that this catch-22 was by design--he gave some people something that will be nearly impossible to take away without a massive fight and terrible PR, so Trump is in a tough political pickle.
edit on 16-11-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
and here is his birth cert...

Says he was born in Jamaica.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The slick thing about Obamacare is the pre-existing mandate just means you can get coverage. It did not mean they had to 'treat' your existing condition. It was another falsehood like saying it would not cost anything or anymore.

Those who are subsidized work out great but those middle class folks are still paying the same or more than if they got coverage from an employer.

It needs to be reworked. There is NO way you will be able to create a 'NEW' ACA without some elements of the old.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Queens...I know it well i was born there. nice try though....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

nice try though....

Expect 4 more years of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

He has been saying the SAME thing since at least march. Where are the lies?

www.politico.com...

In addition to the proposals laid out on his website, Trump wants to keep Obamacare’s prohibition on insurers denying coverage to individuals with pre-existing medical conditions. But he also promises to strike the individual mandate, which many economists believe is necessary to make such a system work. Trump also wants to expand tax breaks for health savings accounts in order to broaden their use.

“We will work with Congress to make sure we have a series of reforms ready for implementation that follow free market principles and that will restore economic freedom and certainty to everyone in this country,” the plan posted on Trump’s website states. “The reforms outlined above will lower healthcare costs for all Americans,” Trump’s plan claims. "They are simply a place to start.”

Anything else on waffling?

So your saying that trump never claimed to repeal obamacare, and that you fell for it.

Durp durp
edit on 16-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No. You can say that if it makes you feel better but the bottom line is this thread is bogus. There is no reversal. It is not a thought or an opinion or an idea. It is a fact.

You see, I knew what he was going to do because I am an informed voter. I look at what a candidate offers and vote for who will benefit myself and my family the most.

The worst part of Obamacare is making people pay for something that they should not. A fine. It did not help to insure more people. It was a marketplace where you could buy the same plan as one through an employer but if you were poor you were subsidized. It was a tax package wrapped up in a #ty non-working website.

If he removed just that I would say it was a victory for the US taxpayers. This year if you have a family but do not have coverage, for whatever reason, you pay a fine of up to 2000 dollars. So, you give subsidized healthcare to lazy poor people nad middle class people who may pay cash are fined???? That is the problem and i have faith it will be rectified...when he is actually in office...in a few months...in the first year.

Durp Durp....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No. You can say that if it makes you feel better but the bottom line is this thread is bogus. There is no reversal. It is not a thought or an opinion or an idea. It is a fact.

You see, I knew what he was going to do because I am an informed voter. I look at what a candidate offers and vote for who will benefit myself and my family the most.

The worst part of Obamacare is making people pay for something that they should not. A fine. It did not help to insure more people. It was a marketplace where you could buy the same plan as one through an employer but if you were poor you were subsidized. It was a tax package wrapped up in a #ty non-working website.

If he removed just that I would say it was a victory for the US taxpayers. This year if you have a family but do not have coverage, for whatever reason, you pay a fine of up to 2000 dollars. So, you give subsidized healthcare to lazy poor people nad middle class people who may pay cash are fined???? That is the problem and i have faith it will be rectified...when he is actually in office...in a few months...in the first year.

Durp Durp....

Ok so your saying that for the past few months, alt right news, trump fans and trump himself never said or lied about repealing obamacare lol.

Keep on digging your own grave.

Yea its durp durp durp
Bud.

Best part is where you say your a well informed voter.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

SSDD with you. I explained it. You don't want to believe it I at this point could give a f less but when people spread bs like the media does, which is what you are doing, it is counter productive.

I could also give a f about the "alt right". They did not win the election. Blacks, Hispanics and women did. In record numbers.

This will be just like when many of you said he had no chance to win. You will be wrong, still not admit to it and post dumb things like a 3 word response and then derp derp derp....

Digging my own grave...to what? What does that even mean? I know they grow good dank in Canada but you cannot be that high???

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Trump did say he wanted to end Obamacare! he said it a couple of times and called it a disaster! its all over youtube!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If what Trump is proposing now, is the same thing Hillary was proposing, then super. I think that's wonderful. Yaaaa Hillary!
how was that?

OK, now on to Obama. He crafted "Obama care" did he not? It is a massive failure, is it not? It needs to be fixed, or does it not? (remember, if it was fine, then what the # was Hillary doing trying to suggest changes?)

So I am really, really sorry to hurt you feelings, but it happens. Big boys get over it. Be one of them.

So yes, Trump will have to make some changes, and I doubt he knows exactly what those are at the moment. (remember, he isn't even the president yet) So when he does announce the changes, then I think that would be an opportune time to speak out against them, or for them, depending on what your feelings are. (I already have an idea what yours will be)

And I don't not like you, I just think you try really hard to be the opposite of a reasonable person. You know, "that guy". But I think that is your goal, so three cheers from me, you are doing great.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

SSDD with you. I explained it. You don't want to believe it I at this point could give a f less but when people spread bs like the media does, which is what you are doing, it is counter productive.

I could also give a f about the "alt right". They did not win the election. Blacks, Hispanics and women did. In record numbers.

This will be just like when many of you said he had no chance to win. You will be wrong, still not admit to it and post dumb things like a 3 word response and then derp derp derp....

Digging my own grave...to what? What does that even mean? I know they grow good dank in Canada but you cannot be that high???

I find it cute that your trying to pass yourself as a smart voter, claim that trump is not going back on is word, but as usual no substance, just like trump.

And no i dont need to be high to say that you, trump and is fans are liars.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The image of his BC I saw looked shopped. There was a clear box around one of the signatures on the bottom. As someone who has seen a lot of images on the internet this qualities me as a Photoshop expert.

Also, where is his mother's naturalization papers? I've been told a natural born citizen needs to born on US soil to two US citizens.

And of course there always the possibility he was born in a foreign country and adopted.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Still no content. Just veiled insults. Since he is not in office yet I guess we will have to wait but I am not going to base his policy and a one sided 60 minutes interview.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If this was sarcasm it is classic...if not, you need some help....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Turnabout is fair play. These were all similar to reasons people used to try to delegitimize Obama. Trump included. Obama actually provided more proof in regards to his citizenship than any president in history. So why did Trump seal his school records?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

President Elect Trump will Eliminate the Mandate built into Obamacare , that Campaign Promise he made has Not Changed . Without the Mandate , which is Still being argued as Unconstitutional , Obamacare as presently Legislated , will Cease to Exist as our Nations Government Imposed Health Care for U.S. Citizens . It might or might not be resurrected in some form in the Future , but that will be Determined by the President Elect and his new administration .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Trump said he will replace then repeal, so being the businessman he is I would assume he would keep anything good as part of the "replace" part. We all know there is a lot wrong with Obamacare, but we still need a replacement at least for those in need, and unless everyone here suggests all 100% of Obamacare is bad I'm sure some parts will survive without the need to suggest Trump is waffling on his promises.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join