It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's reversal on ObamaCare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
All the liberals are now going to be upset that Trump may not be leaning as Conservative as he said? Or will they be happy? It's impossible to tell.

cult of progressivism will be a bit upset because ideological representation is more important than issues.
the left-libertarians (some call them classic liberals, or the non-progressive wing) are happy of the compromise as the issues matter more than who is trying to fix (or leave them alone).
I fall into that. I don't care who is making a better world, R, D, whatever...so long as someone is doing it. O-care needs tweaking for sure. perhaps a bit of balance here might improve it. we will see in time, the numbers will not lie. if 20m people lose health insurance, this will be a sweeping negative.

What I can tell is that however much compromising he does it will still be 1000% better than whatever Hillary would have concocted.

that's your opinion based fully on ideological viewpoints. maybe right, maybe wrong, who can say.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: matafuchs
So he wants to continue to make sure those with pre-existing conditions will be covered and allow kids to stay on their parents plans. HOW is that saying he will not change the current laws?????

Biggest moanfest about the ACA was the mandate.

the mandate

the mandate is the only way you can keep pre-existing conditions. that's it. no possible way outside of that in any reasonable sane universe, period.

so...the core principle of Obamacare, the centerpiece of opposition, is required in order to salvage the best part of Obamacare.

the rest is nitpicking, Vets seeing either VA or private, etc..

You know this, now take just a brief moment of clarity and acknowledge you were sold propaganda verses reality..do it..it will feel refreshing to admit it was all a bit bs with the whole repeal/replace nonsense.

um....no. the biggest issue is the COST. to refresh your memory, the A part was for "affordable". joke was on us. not funny at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: jjkenobi

oh we're estatic!

question is how will you feel?

if the economy moves forward and we don't have to go to any new wars, I think I'll be smiling.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So, he is not even in office and all you hacks are tearing him apart.

We could always start demanding his birth certificate over and over and over and over and over and over...
edit on 16-11-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

So, he is not even in office and all you hacks are tearing him apart.

We could always start demanding his birth certificate over and over and over and over and over and over...

today, that sounds like a joke, but knowing how badly so many of you want him to fail, if he doesn't do so epicly enough, this might become a reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No defense of Trump adopting Hillary's attitude towards Obamacare so you default to an attack against Obama. Figures... Straight from the Republican propaganda playbook. Can't discuss something bad about your side so deflect with an irrelevant red herring.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
today, that sounds like a joke, but knowing how badly so many of you want him to fail, if he doesn't do so epicly enough, this might become a reality.

His whole campaign was built around "Make America Great Again". Who wouldn't want that?

You see, it depends on your definition of "Great". It also depends on how one goes about it.

It'll be "Great" fun watching it...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Trump said he would keep parts of it as to not cause a massive disruption, particularly for people with pre-conditions and children living with their parents for an extended period.

That doesn't sound like backpedaling to me, it shows Trump is flexible and that's a good thing.

LoLOLOLOL he's "flexible."

Going directly against your own campaign promises is an intelligent and "good," move because it means he's "flexible."

You mean he LIED? Very distinct difference. Being flexible/malleable is one thing but this is outright going against something he proposed and "promised."

Now his cultists are left to pick up the pieces in his defense... classy.

Hmm comments like these are akin to a premature ej- well, you know. You can get rid of 90% of Obamacare and still retain some common sense measures like preexisting conditions and coverage until you're 26.

Lets not pretend that the "centerpiece" far outweighed the other costs and effects of Obamacare. People lost coverage, their doctors, and many are still not covered. The exchanges are collapsing, premiums are going way up, and it's going to bankrupt Medicaid.

But yeah, lets rah rah rah over trump keeping two things from the ACA. Because that's totally like keeping all of Obamacare.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

WTF are you even saying? Is it not allowed to acknowledge that not everything Hillary wanted was evil, just most of it?

Or are you thinking that everyone must live by your rules and if you don't like the politician, you aren't allowed to like ANYTHING they say?

If Obama did such an amazing job with the ACA, why in the hell would ANYONE have to make changes?

you continue to remain "that guy".

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is not a reversal it is in a course correction. We all it from time to time. Everyone except the protesters of course.

link   
This is not a reversal it is in a course correction. We all it from time to time. Everyone except the protesters of course.

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

4 shots. went off while you were cleaning it? got to be more careful.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Is it not allowed to acknowledge that not everything Hillary wanted was evil, just most of it?

Isn't that the Electoral College argument?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

WTF are you even saying? Is it not allowed to acknowledge that not everything Hillary wanted was evil, just most of it?

It certainly is, but I didn't see you acknowledge that. Instead it appears like instead of acknowledging that Hillary had a good idea or two, you opted to insult Obama instead. And now you are getting defensive because I called you out on it.

Or are you thinking that everyone must live by your rules and if you don't like the politician, you aren't allowed to like ANYTHING they say?

If Obama did such an amazing job with the ACA, why in the hell would ANYONE have to make changes?

Because nothing in existence is perfect and everything can stand to have improvements. This is that thing you mentioned earlier in the thread called "common sense".

you continue to remain "that guy".

Oh DARN! You still don't like me. How EVER will I go on with my life because someone I don't like on ATS doesn't like me?
edit on 16-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
TRump said he would repeal obamacare, not tweak not keep the good stuff repeal obamacare.

Good stuff, hook line and sinker.
edit on 16-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is like ALL of the other things. One interview and suddenly NONE of his campaign promises will be true. You all are a F'n riot.

Mandate. There was no mandate. It is a tax. This could easily be removed. He never said he will not scrap it. He said he is looking at all angles and will listen to those who are already in the know.

If he had said he was ripping it all out tomorrow with no pre-existing conditions you would still be whining.

Again...not even in office and you are all going off 'comments' in one interview.

edit on 11pm30pmf0000002016-11-16T13:31:34-06:000134 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

This is like ALL of the other things. One interview and suddenly NONE of his campaign promises will be true. You all are a F'n riot.

Mandate. There was no mandate. It is a tax. This could easily be removed. He never said he will not scrap it. He said he is looking at all angles and will listen to those who are already in the know.

If he had said he was ripping it all out tomorrow with no pre-existing conditions you would still be whining.

Again...not even in office and you are all going off 'comments' in one interview.

We told you so, he lied to you, you voted
For him and now your doubling down on is bs.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not even in Office...

And already caught lying out his ass.

I want to see his birth certificate.
edit on 16-11-2016 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join