It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if globalization is a means to an end that we just never considered before...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There are many references within ufology to councils, galactic politics and such.

And, of course, none of them are taken seriously because, let's face it, there is no evidence and our common understanding of physics seems to specifically preclude alien contact thanks to the huge improbability of even encountering alien life, never mind communicating with it.

A thought exercise: Imagine that the galaxy is teeming with life, and that such life has rules regarding influence, interference, help, observation and inclusion.

What would happen if there really were some kind of galactic/local group political reality of which we, as a species are aware, but only at the highest levels.

Consider what we as a species could offer to such a group, and then consider what we are right now.

We are a disparate group of nations whose main interest seems to be economic. Economy rules our planet to the extent that we would prefer to kill others rather than try to somehow come to an agreement.

Now imagine what an outside observer would see us like.

How could they possibly talk to us as a race if we aren't even capable of talking between ourselves? How could we be deemed a group worthy of inclusion if we aren't even honest with ourselves about our world or our species.

What could we offer to the universe, apart from our petty hatred?

Our ingenuity? Our humanity? Our desire to survive above all else? Are these things enough to allow us to become part of a greater good?

Who knows.

I don't, but I DO know that we aren't on the right track, and whether there really is a whole universe out there or not, waiting for us to grow up enough to be included in the realm, we have a lot of work to do.

You see it is all ridiculous and nonsensical until it isn't.

Perhaps if disclosure comes one day, it will be in the form of a simple question: Do you want your children to be part of the universe, or echoes of the past.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I feel like globalism is an idea that we are not ready for yet and those trying to force it on the current world are doing it a huge disservice. The Start Trek one-federation ideal does seem attractive in the long run, but I absolutely hate what is being tried now. We will not be ready for it until every country/regime/dictator in the world gets to a point where everyone respects the lives and beliefs of each other. When there are no haves and no have-nots. When we can synthesize food and shelter for everyone at little cost and everyone can just do whatever job they enjoy or do no work at all.

I think we are centuries away from that and the current push by Soros is a pipe dream lined with explosives.
edit on 11-11-2016 by bluesjr because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Globalism is nothing more than a ploy to mix all of the races and make everyone poor to more easily control them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think in theory globalism could and should work.

Except we are humans.

And we will screw it up.

We are capable of so much as individuals/small groups yet fall apart in a large group. Quite the anomaly.

As long as the few rule the many it will be bad news.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

I appreciate your honest response.

I fell like globalism is an idea that we are not ready for yet and those trying to force it on the current world are doing it a huge disservice.

I agree that it is an idea that we are not ready for yet and I wonder why that is. Why is it that a whole world, working for the benefits of everybody, is a bad thing? I wonder about that a lot.

We will not be ready for it until every country/regime/dictator in the world gets to a point where everyone respects the lives and beliefs of each other.

Again, I absolutely agree, so what is stopping this from happening do you think? We are all people, right?

I think we are centuries away from that and the current push by Soros is a pipe dream lined with explosives.

When revolutions come, they come while you are asleep. There is no real warning about them, unless you are on the inside. I have no love for Soros, I believe he is evil as evil can be. But I do believe there is a movement whose aim is to unite, rather than divide humanity.

That is a good thing I believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

As long as the few rule the many it will be bad news.

Everything you said is contingent on this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Globalism is an attempt by the 1% to fleece the planet and limit diversity, not to encourage or preserve it.

Addressing your premise, it's highly unlikely there is some sort of benevolent alien prime directive with benchmark achievements we are trying to accomplish.

If anything, I think it far more likely that an alien force would be like the Spaniards to the natives of the New World. Much easier to get what you want if you make the native head honchos do your dirty work for you.
edit on 11-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

Globalism is nothing more than a ploy to mix all of the races and make everyone poor to more easily control them.

I am sorry you feel that way, the fact is that all races would mix together without any problem whatsoever, and we would have a wonderful world, as long as the actual racial politics were ignored. I don't care who works well, as long as they do their job. I don't care who is who, as long as they do what they need to do for all our benefit.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Addressing your premise, it's highly unlikely there is some sort of alien prime directive with benchmark achievements we are trying to accomplish.

Well that was kind of the point of the thought exercise. To put it into perspective though, how many times have governments conferred with parties in civil wars, taken a particular side, only to see that what they backed just made it a hundred times worse.

It might be best to speak to a united species, rather than factions divided. That was my point.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Or, as I was trying to explain, it might be easier to encourage one element to conquer all of the rest to save on phone bills.

edit on 11-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It sure is a means to an end, but not for you or yours. Think of a place that has the worst policies on laws you can imagine-in the end it's going to be that due to the lobbyist, etc. Now up that a notch to having those throughout the world(and as you mention galactically). You can never again find a place that works for you or at least somewhat in your version of a quality life. That with one currency, ruled by a few banks.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Or, as I was trying to explain, it might be easier to encourage one element to conquer all of the rest to save on phone bills.

Why does your previous quote, added to your somewhat froglike avatar make me think the ET might be a bad guy all of a sudden?

Edit: But to take your analogy further, why would it be a question of conquest, unless you are talking about intellectual conquest that is...in which case, where is the downside to getting more intelligent?

edit on 11-11-2016 by Jonjonj because: edited to edit something

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Globalization has been with us since the first tribe traded with the other tribe.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: bluesjr

We will not be ready for it until every country/regime/dictator in the world gets to a point where everyone respects the lives and beliefs of each other.

Again, I absolutely agree, so what is stopping this from happening do you think? We are all people, right?

In my opinion, religions are the primary reason that we are not ready. Greed comes in a close second. Particularly religions who believe that it ok to kill non-believers. That's pretty far away from coexistence.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Humanity have nothing to offer anyone outside this solar system until it rises above the corruption of the power pyramid. How many thousands of years will humanity keep implementing this faulty society structure based on enslavement of others and creating suffering?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well using any example we find in the natural world on this planet, more capable organisms tend to deploy their advantages against or exploit the weaknesses of other organisms for their own ends.

I'd like to think the universe is teaming with benevolent aliens, but I think it far more likely that the natural rules that apply here also apply out there...just a bigger petri dish.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Humanity have nothing to offer anyone outside this solar system until it rises above the corruption of the power pyramid. How many thousands of years will humanity keep implementing this faulty society structure based on enslavement of others and creating suffering?

Maybe we could offer them humor? Or be the creepy clowns of the universe? Or we might make great pets. Many a day I envy my dogs life.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you were an alien, would you really want to deal with 190+ nations? Think about it.

Global government may be a requirement for joining the rest of the universe. Me personally, I don't believe humans are ready for it yet. We'd be doing the universe a disservice if we were allowed to spread at our current state of being.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I like this way of thinking. I actually made a post about this a while back in this thread, which I'll quote (from this post):

2. What if alien civilizations have purposely contained us around our star, and threatened our leaders to stay in our solar system until we've cleaned up our own messes and have a legit 1 solar system government? Their reasoning could be that we are simply too immature to interact with their highly sophisticated inter-galactic federations, similar to humans opening negotiations with roaches.

So maybe they've threatened us with annihilation if we don't meet their demands, which include us: cleaning up all of our diseases and social programs; eradicating our national borders; forming a single human language (why should they learn hundreds of different human languages in order to interact with us?); and merging all of our ethnic groups into one.

In other words, would most humans be willing to accept it if aliens were forcing our global leadership to form a one world culture in order for them to accept us? Humans claim to love freedom, liberty, national sovereignty/self determination, and democracy (or at least republics). And we fight and kill each other over our borders, ethnic groups, and distinct cultural teachings. So why would any responsible leader think that the majority of civilians would act calmly if we found out that we're being forced to discard our histories and identities by alien threats?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Globalization if done with care can greatly elevate humanity as a species, and potentially move us to the stars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join