It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes, especially the late night shows! I have them with my coffee, actually....
better than Saturday morning cartoons EVER were!

course then, there was PeeWee's Playhouse. That was fun.

wait.

*ominous music*

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This just across my desk:

The THIRD PARTY VOTERS including all of you who wrote in Snoopy or Joe Exotic or your favorite movie star or NONE OF THE ABOVE....BUT I WAS HERE as well as those who showed up but didn't vote on the POTUS at all, or chose Stein or Johnson or wrote in any other legitimate suggestions like Bernie......

YOU ALL made this difference. The old adage that a vote for a third party splits the difference is true. Enough people were disgruntled to show up and refuse to pick either one.
anyway - there is a theory that the third-party votes resulted in Trump's "Electoral College Win". Hillary is still winning the popular vote. This ain't anywhere NEAR over yet.

article about "Shocking" Election outcomes and analysis

7. So close that third-party candidates could have affected outcome.

This year’s third-party candidates, notably Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Jill Stein, clearly took votes away from both candidates.

[numbers and argument for this point follow] Stein, who was a protest vote for many of Bernie Sanders' supporters, could have stopped Clinton from winning in Michigan and Wisconsin, and possibly Pennsylvania. In Michigan, where Trump’s lead on Thursday was 11,800 votes, Stein had 50,700 votes. In Wisconsin, where Trump leads by 27,200 votes, Stein had 31,000 votes. But it gets more complicated after that, because there might be some Johnson supporters who would have voted for Clinton if he weren't a different kind of protest vote. In Florida, where Trump leads by 119,700 votes, Johnson received 206,000 votes and Stein 64,000 votes. In Pennsylvania, where Trump leads by 68,230 votes, Stein had 49,000 votes. Stein supporters argued on a Reddit forum that Stein didn't keep Clinton from the presidency, saying, “She still loses… See that red Pennsylvania in there?”

[conclusion:]But that's not entirely persuasive, because these battleground states ended up with razor-thin margins. Third-party candidates may very well have affected the results.

8. There’s no guarantee Bernie would have won.

It’s not clear that Sanders would have done better than Clinton if he were the nominee. As a region-by-region analysis pointed out, Bernie would likely have won in the upper Midwest. But then a Sanders surge slows down. He likely would have won the battleground states Clinton won, such as New Hampshire, Colorado and Nevada. But he would have done no better than Clinton in the South, where she gambled on Florida and North Carolina and lost both. And then there’s Virginia. “Even if Bernie won MI, PA, and WI without losing any other states, he does not win the presidency unless he also wins Virginia,” one analyst wrote. “So, what do you think? Does Bernie win Virginia?”

I wanted Bernie. From the very beginning, and up until last week I STILL had his sign in my yard with WRITE IN neatly Sharpied in black bold letters above it.
My neighbor suggested I take it down, to avoid this exact outcome.

Anyway - this is what I'm learning now. That's my "next."

edit on 11/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The THIRD PARTY VOTERS

Rachel Maddow

Rachel Maddow Has a Message for Third Party Voters

“Well, it is what it is. People go into this eyes wide open,” the MSNBC host said during the network’s coverage on election night.“If you vote for somebody who can’t win for president, it means that you don’t care who wins for president.” www.justjared.com...

edit on 11-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
And here is the ever-eloquent Stephen Colbert's summary about how battered we all are.

We are ALL so bruised.
The whole world, actually! But we in particular are smarting in a way that we're all like "BACK OFF BUDDY there are 300 million of us with guns and we're all kinda stressed right now"

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

"BACK OFF BUDDY there are 300 million of us with guns and we're all kinda stressed right now"

Yeah, we are that.

The stress levels are crossing the line though. The vile hatred I now see coming from a small percentage of the Hillary supporters is scary. Someone is going to get hurt, real soon and real bad, if this does not stop. I know they are upset about losing the election, but some of us are upset about losing two elections in the last eight years, and watching our income and ability to feed and clothe our families disappear because of it. No one rioted when Obama won, either time. If these riots don't stop, and soon, there won't be a country left to fight over.

Maybe the predictions of Obama being the last President were true? Could we be so dense, so stoopid, to destroy our country just because we bought the rhetoric of a campaign?

That's the next step: PEACE or there will be nowhere to step after that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am in agreement with you.
We are all hurting.

Not just us, but the whole world is truly reeling from this.
We need to take a break, sit back, reflect, and breathe......

ALL OF US.

Every human on this planet. We're exhausted. And it's getting close to critical mass in terms of camels and straws.

My chest aches.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The THIRD PARTY VOTERS

Rachel Maddow

Rachel Maddow Has a Message for Third Party Voters

“Well, it is what it is. People go into this eyes wide open,” the MSNBC host said during the network’s coverage on election night.“If you vote for somebody who can’t win for president, it means that you don’t care who wins for president.” www.justjared.com...

I understand that perspective. My dad told us that all the time. It's a "throw-away" vote that can only serve the lesser of the two main choices and result in their victory.
I understand the logic, too.
My own mother, who was a Bernie fan, and pays very close to attention to this stuff in her mid 70s, has been beside herself with worry and exhausting fear. Even she, in the end, decided she couldn't stomach either of them, and wrote in a legitimate candidate.

She is devastated, of course. I think we all sort of thought "well, if I'm the only one who does it, it won't matter....so....I'll skip this section. Or I'll choose one of these others. Or write in my girlfriend's dad." Or whatever.......

we thought that was the impact (as in - not really any at all) a 3rd party/non-vote would have. Turns out it had quite a lot. And then the brew slopped over onto the table. varnish is bubbling with disintegration......

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am actually becoming concerned about my family's safety. They live and work in the cities.

I am arming myself at home as well. I have to work in the city too, so I may start packing again. I will say this: woe, oh woe, to anyone who tries to get violent with me or mine. I'm old and tired of this nonsense... what have I got to lose?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have no idea how close you are to actual riots going on....and believe me, if I were on the outskirts of those episodes I would also be locking and loading.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

My own mother, who was a Bernie fan, and pays very close to attention to this stuff in her mid 70s, has been beside herself with worry and exhausting fear. Even she, in the end, decided she couldn't stomach either of them, and wrote in a legitimate candidate.

I'm 70. I understood perfectly what a "throw away vote" would do.

I followed Nate Silver - - - even though he had Hillary for the win - - - he stated over and over Trump could win with the Electoral Vote. That the Electoral Vote did not look good for Hillary.

This race was that close.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm not close to these riots (rumor has it there was a protest downtown today), but you have to understand the mentality of the human species.

There are essentially two types of individuals when it comes to violence. There are those who will erupt at the least incentive and throw a tantrum, but who really aren't able to do widespread physical damage. Then there are those who are slow to anger, but once angered can do widespread damage. If the first group continues their rioting enough to set off the second group... none of us are safe. There will be nowhere to hide.

I am a watcher, Buzzy. Even when I don't post, I watch. What I have seen is a trend that should scare the BeJesus out of anyone. I have watched the number of riots increase, the duration of the riots increase, and the bravado of those rioting increase. During all this from the first group, the second has sat back in shock, trying to make sense of it all. If it increases, and I think it will, it takes one man landing a punch on the wrong man, and all Hades will break loose. The first group is throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails... the second group is armed. Heavily. And they're starting to feel the first group wants to take away their hard-fought victory.

I plan on addressing this in another thread this weekend. Stay tuned.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

A Civil War (of some type) would not surprise me.

I too - - am aware of caution.

It is unlikely anything will happen specifically where I live, but I am in Los Angeles County.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I believe it will start in the cities, near the suburbs on the edges. It will engulf the larger cities and nearby suburbs first. Law enforcement will be overrun. At that point only actual Martial Law will be able to stop it. If it doesn't, it will begin to spread as groups united in their violence begin to search for supplies.

Most cities only have supplies for 3-5 days.

Closer suburbs and smaller cities will go next, some from inner struggle that was delayed, and some by conquest from larger cities. Then the outer suburbs will fall. Finally, after a few weeks at most, The violence will reach the countryside. At that point, the real slaughter will begin.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I'm not close to these riots (rumor has it there was a protest downtown today), but you have to understand the mentality of the human species.

I haven't read past this, yet...but want already to interject a reply:
I DO UNDERSTAND. It is my profession. I am actually a life-long "understander" of mentality, psychology, social science, anthropology....

it makes me sad that no one seems to recognize that. But I really am.
I don't just post here to see my ideas in print. I actually fancy myself to have a firm grasp on this, and believe that I do, in fact, have a grasp on it. The same grasp that is now being portrayed on 'the media' ----

I called my mother early wednesday after being gobsmacked .... I started right away to make plans to find everyone I know online or off to be off-balance. This hit us all.

PLEASE do not minimize my contribution to this absolute cluster. It is of historic proportions, and I am here for a reason. If I want to be dismissed as a shrew, then so be it. But I am actually really truly trying to help.

ANyway - thanks for being in the thread. I didn't expect much traffic, but I've very much appreciated the group who have subsribed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I dismiss nothing and no one Buzzy. I'm not sure if you think I am being dismissive, but that is not my intent.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thank you. It would help if you said "A person has to be aware"....
that's a lot different than saying directly to me, "you" need to understand...

Big hug. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I believe it will start in the cities, near the suburbs on the edges. It will engulf the larger cities and nearby suburbs first. Law enforcement will be overrun. At that point only actual Martial Law will be able to stop it. If it doesn't, it will begin to spread as groups united in their violence begin to search for supplies.

Closer suburbs and smaller cities will go next, some from inner struggle that was delayed, and some by conquest from larger cities. Then the outer suburbs will fall. Finally, after a few weeks at most, The violence will reach the countryside. At that point, the real slaughter will begin.

TheRedneck

I have family in SW AZ.

My escape oasis. You don't mess with AZ.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

There is one good thing about Los Angeles. They've had practice.

I know outsiders think its all Liberal, but believe me - - - not if protesters/rioters try to leave their areas.

Other cities that haven't had this experience would probably be more dangerous.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ahhh hahaha! I just went back and saw that.

Please, Buzzy, do not try to hold me to the standards you would expect linguistically from a 'normal' person. I am an electrical engineer. I could probably run circles around most people in math, but when it comes to English... just overlook me.

There's nothing to read between my lines. I don't know how to write anything there.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There are essentially two types of individuals when it comes to violence. There are those who will erupt at the least incentive and throw a tantrum, but who really aren't able to do widespread physical damage. Then there are those who are slow to anger, but once angered can do widespread damage. If the first group continues their rioting enough to set off the second group... none of us are safe. There will be nowhere to hide.

This is an astute and brilliant illustration - but you have missed the part that there are those IN BETWEEN....

who are able to "simmer" and talk and process and let go, followed by breathing deeply, thinking, introspecting, and reviewing. I think there is, while a minority, a group of thinkers who are trying like hell to hold this crap together until everyone is out of crisis mode.

We don't have to go there yet. NOT YET.

Yes, people are still all fired up and raw and table-turnably mad. I get it.
Earlier on wednesday I was impressed that there had not been any riots like "over there" style revolution.

But now we do. We really have sunk that low. We can't, as a union of people, sustain civility, cooperation, understanding, and contribution in kind.

We have broken.
WHAT NEXT is still the issue. And it will continue to be as the "popular vote" is groomed and paraded out for us all to see.
Hunger games indeed.

I am revolted.
You know that thread "Hallelujah" that I recently made? Yeah - the songwriter died today, in all stark reality.

I am mush.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join