It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
These are the things we need to address:

Popular Vote vs Electoral College (Hillary is winning popular vote, folks)
LOBBYING,
PAY-TO-PLAY,
Tax Codes
Health Care
PACs,
the revolving door of Wall Street/Govt players,
ACA,
Immigration
Homelessness
Debt
War
Border control
Infrastructure
Public Education
Media blight
Climate Change
Energy spending

etc.....
Last night I saw Tom Brokaw talking about where we should begin.

He suggested Infrastructure. Put people to work improving our roads and bridges and civil engineering. Take care of that first. FIRST.
In my opinion, that is a fantastic starting point.

We have two months to try this on for size. Before we have to buy into it.

Still possible:

Trump declines (I doubt it)
Civil War
Malicious Terrorism Gestures
any number of ghastly things could still happen.

We have to get busy. We've changed drivers, but we could still sail off the cliff......

So what do we start with?
What issues are you most concerned about and what should be done first thing????

(I'm looking for the clip of Brokaw - will post when I find it)

edit on 11/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Is this next step coming before or after "deliberately subject myself to extreme alcohol poisoning"?

Money in politics. That's the evil and the answer. We HAVE to get the corrupt incentive out of our political process. Until we do the people we elect will only serve those who pay extra for it... and that is NOT what the Framers intended. It's antithetical to everything Americana.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Existence tax aka the ACA needs to go. That should first above all. No more existence tax. "I live, therefore I must pay" needs to be gone. I was born without having to pay an annual tax on my existence, I hope to die without having to pay a tax on my annual existence.
ACA, walk away from Syria, and then infrastructure. I think thats a good start.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I expect this.

He lays out some trillion dollar plans.

Mr Trump, I wasn't seeing 222 Trillion worth of Ideas from you

Economic Revival Plan

massively increase jobs and opportunities for the people of this country:
    no growth + redistribution of wealth _does_not_ work
    National goal of reaching %4 economic growth
    25 million new jobs over 10 years with only 3.5% growth
    Deficit neutral plan by complete overhaul of tax, regulatory, energy, and trade policies
    15% business tax rate, down from the current 35% business tax rate
    US Based manufacturers to fully expense the cost of new plants and factories
    Wealth hidden from IRS overseas can be brought back at 10% tax instead of 35%
    A moratorium on new federal regulations on business, while he eliminates all legalist and job killin regulations on the books
    streamline the permitting process for energy production
    Renegotiate NAFTA, out of TPP unless improved, Tarrifs on countries that devalue their currency
    Bring suit against China for intellectual property theft, as a violation of their WTO membership

I lost track of the number of time he used the word "Trillion."

Mike Grouchy
edit on 9-11-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Money in politics. That's the evil and the answer. We HAVE to get the corrupt incentive out of our political process. Until we do the people we elect will only serve those who pay extra for it... and that is NOT what the Framers intended. It's antithetical to everything Americana.

Eliminate the infection. Remove all nonviable tissue. Place a transparent protective barrier. Keep clean and dry to allow for proper healing.

The scar will remain forever, but it will be a beacon to remind us of what happens when we fall asleep at the switch.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Is this next step coming before or after "deliberately subject myself to extreme alcohol poisoning"?

Up to you, man! I woke up to "HOLY F***, TRUMP WON!" when mr Wigs burst into the bedroom at 5:00. Last time he did that was when our cat, who he had run over and thought was dead, had resuscitated overnight. Seriously. True story. We'd waited to bury him until the next morning, and then he was alive. His HEAD had been run over. But he survived. "HOLY F***, LYLE'S STILL ALIVE!"

So - Yes, I think self-immolation is going to be an impulse many of us have to fight off. I decided to just get busy instead of mourning. We've been grumbling for decades about the establishment. Now we've done something. I didn't vote for him, I wanted BERNIE. But, we all wanted something to slap the government in the face.

What will be your own personal next step?
I'm busy looking forward.
We didn't burn down our country. There is no gunfire or bombing. None of our polling places were attacked by terrorists. We successfully ... YES SUCCESSFULLY - made it through the absolutely most horrible election cycle of our time.

Surgery is done. We survived it. SO FAR.

Now what?
What are the aftercare recommendations?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It may be an extreme example, but Illinois is the perfect example of corruption in politics. 4 out of the last 7 Governors went to prison for corruption charges and it is wide spread in this state. From the local level on to the top, money and influence is the driving factor.

edit on 9-11-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

It may be an extreme example, but Illinois is the perfect example of corruption in politics. 4 out of the last 7 Governors went to prison for corruption charges and it is wide spread in this state. From the local level on to the top, money and influence is the driving factor.
What is the next step?

This thread is about

NEXT!

Not compare and contrast....not ruminate and point fingers...not stick our tongues out at each other. You got your way. NOW WHAT?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Oh, another issue to be addressed:

Surveillance
Cyberattacking
Russia's part in the election

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Coffee , lots of coffee .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

IF he doesn't make the following things the ONLY priority than nothing will change.

1. Congressional term limits. Which he promised

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

edit on 141130America/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 09:14:08 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Right...but there's still all that other crap.

Those problems did not get "ousted." They very much exist.

So - election shenanigans did their thing. Now we have this set of players and problems. Mix and match.

WHAT NEXT for RIGHT NOW?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
First off, I was mistaken. I oft cited Hillary as the next presider. Eating crow... (pause)

Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead, yaaay!

Has a federal warrant been issued for her yet? Damn, gotta wait till next year.

Do you think they'll wait till January to show Trump the third angle of JFK assassination?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That's an interesting question and one I considered writing a thread about.

A month ago most wonks were convinced that the GOP would splinter and fragment into two different and unique parties in this election.

They were wrong. I was wrong.

It's the Democratic Party that lay shattered this morning. The third way, corporatist wing and the progressive wing excised from one another, probably irrevocably so. We've got 4-8 years to analyze, reflect and do a post mortem... But as that occurs I believe that the more progressive, grass roots folk will begin to coalesce into a new party not unlike the Tea Party movement we've witnessed on the other side. A more populist and down to earth entity than the DNC has been since the 90's.

The benefit is that this wing of the left actually has a fair amount in common with many of the people who are happy today over the Trump win. We share many of the same goals. While we disagree on many of the remedies - we do all see the same problems... And that's a start. That's a good thing.

To that end... this new movement is where my effort and attention will be devoted.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for coming to the meeting....

today's topic is:

So, now we move on from shock to action. What do we do next? What - in your opinion - is the very first move?

The NEW NATIONAL ORDER has begun.

and.....

GO!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

WHAT NEXT for RIGHT NOW?

Nothing. Gotta wait till next year. This gives the current residents time to vandalize the gubment and steal stuff from the Whitehouse.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I wasn't "pointing fingers" at anyone, I was agreeing that we need to weed out the corruption in our system.

Jobs/Infrastructure/border security would be good firsts. Get the country working, money flowing and give people a reason to get up in the morning. Get Americans working again, not who will work for the lowest wage. Get jobs going for inner city workers. Give people real Hope and Change, not just a slogan.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

But as that occurs I believe that the more progressive, grass roots folk will begin to coalesce into a new party not unlike the Tea Party movement we've witnessed on the other side. A more populist and down to earth entity than the DNC has been since the 90's.

The benefit is that this wing of the left actually has a fair amount in common with many of the people who are happy today over the Trump win. We share many of the same goals. While we disagree on many of the remedies - we do all see the same problems... And that's a start. That's a good thing.

To that end... this new movement is where my effort and attention will be devoted.

High five man!!!

YES!!

I wanted Sanders. I didn't want Trump or Hillary. But here we are.
So - what we have to work with is what we have.

The GOP is not going to suddenly hoist Trump onto their shoulders and carry him around the nation like the Olympic torch. There is going to be MUCH gnashing of teeth, gritching, sabotage, retribution, fear, loathing, and HORROR on the faces of everyone.....

but at least the meteor has struck and we are still intact. So far.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Popular Vote vs Electoral College (Hillary is winning popular vote, folks)
LOBBYING,
PAY-TO-PLAY,
Tax Codes
Health Care
PACs,
the revolving door of Wall Street/Govt players,
ACA,
Immigration
Homelessness
Debt
War
Border control
Infrastructure
Public Education
Media blight
Climate Change
Energy spending

What needs changed and what will be changed aren't necessarily the same things. The ACA will probably get changed (which is needed). I disagree the EC needs changed.

Really, I don't care much on the topics as long as we fix a few things. Infrastructure would create jobs and needs to be fixed but there's never money to do it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Right...but there's still all that other crap.

None of that other crap matters as long as you got corrupted politicians making the decisions and solutions based on conflict of interest.

Like I said if we don't work on solely corruption first we will continue to chase our tails.
Those other issues are just symptoms of corruption.
edit on 261130America/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 09:26:08 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join