It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The media has been very hard on Hillary Clinton.

Oh, Please!

As long as we can't get past rhetoric like this, no one is moving anywhere. Anyone who watched the coverage objectively would fall over laughing at that statement.

While I of course do not deny the effect Hillary's criminal actions played, the real reason we are here now, the real reason Donald J. Trump is President-elect, boils down to one thing: lies.

Lies from the press that became so transparent people could easily see through them. Lies from Clinton about her positions, her server, her emails, her Foundation. Lies about Trump's accomplishments. Lies about the polls. Lies about Trump's positions. Lies about Trump's supporters (violent, 'deplorable,' racist, sexist, homophobes, stupid). Lies about Trump's supposed relationship with Russia. Lies, lies, lies, and lies about lies about lies.

Those lies got Donald J. Trump elected. They caused both houses of Congress to maintain GOP majorities. They may well still see Hillary Clinton behind bars.

Everything you are fearing was caused by lies. Everything. And still you try to convince others that Hillary was mistreated by the press.

Here's the deal: Trump is President. People can cry and scream and yell in the streets all they want. It's not going to change a thing. It's time to own up to what happened, accept that things didn't work out like you wanted, and take notice that right now a Trump supporter is reaching out to you. We don't want to hurt you; we want to move forward with you. But we will not do so, we will move forward on our own, if you insist on staying where you are. Insults and wild accusations have failed you.

It's time to move on. This time with integrity and honesty.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Didn't you just argue that "the press" has the right to lie? Now you say they don't? Which is it?

SURELY there is a code of ethics. Somewhere in the industry.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Lies from the press that became so transparent people could easily see through them.

I don't know what lies you're talking about. I know Trump claims that the women that came forward lied, but they claim they're telling the truth. He said/she said/ What lies about Trump are you referring to?

What I do know, is that blaming the press for reporting stories, and the 1st Amendment for allowing them to do that, makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm not talking about violence. I don't believe that the media had a part in inciting violence. I think Trump did though! I think Sheriff Clarke did! And yes, Bernie and Hillary supporters also partook in violence. It was a shameful cycle! But I'm not talking about campaign tactics.

I'm talking about reporting the news. And, I'm talking about Trump proposing to fundamentally change the 1st Amendment because he couldn't control the dialogue and can't sue the media for telling those women's stories. I'm talking about Trump supporters jumping on that bandwagon ill informed.

The 1st Amendment isn't at fault here, in my opinion.

edit on 10-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

If there is a code of ethics, Buzzy, I never saw it.

It hurts to say that...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

*sigh*

If you can't see the lies that have been exposed over and over by this point, I guess there's no sense in repeating them.

Changing the First Amendment requires a tremendous effort. The GOP does not have the power to do that. Wasn't that the story when some were concerned about the Second Amendment?

At least BuzzyWigs is willing to move forward...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'd like to see the GOP redo the voting districts to ensure future victories.

This was the plan of the DNC as exposed by wikileaks.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If you can't see the lies that have been exposed over and over by this point, I guess there's no sense in repeating them.

Maybe not. But, it should be obvious to you that you and I don't see things eye to eye, so I need a little more attention in order to understand your view.

As it is, there was a lot of misunderstanding of facts that we cleared up, though. Right? ....Journalist can't operate with impunity and can, in fact, be sued. WikiLeaks had the stolen DNC emails, not the SOS emails. Billy Bush recording wasn't stolen.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

To Start Off with , Form a Cabinet of Can Do Professionals and Set them Loose with the Authority to Change the Face of America by Reinventing it . The Infrastructure is a Start , Tax Reform should come Next .

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hey, earlier I posted a story from NPR that explained how
Trump Won. The Media Lost. What Next?

We have to address this, just as much as we have to address lobbying and PACs and SCOTUS and The Fed and the West Wing and Wall Street.

The press can no longer be treated with kid gloves as if they have dignity. The trick is to find the outlets that exude class, true investigative journalism, non-biased outlets. There are very few.

I think I have a bead on three fairly worthwhile outlets, but now I don't know what to trust.

edit on 11/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: LOL!!! Sorry - first I typed "NEST." Slip. Love you wind!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

To Start Off with , Form a Cabinet of Can Do Professionals and Set them Loose with the Authority to Change the Face of America by Reinventing it . The Infrastructure is a Start , Tax Reform should come Next .
Love it.

Excellent plan. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Of course we would ALL speak against it.

No one is arguing that all media should be allowed to do whatever. Clearly, libel, defamation of character, perjury, and blatant propaganda is NOT OKAY.

NO ONE would allow that to happen. He has (and will continue to have) a cadre of handlers. His faux pas will not be unleashed without monitoring. That's the reality of what we have.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak

I'd like to see the GOP redo the voting districts to ensure future victories.

This was the plan of the DNC as exposed by wikileaks.

Not only is that a partisan troll thing to say, it is also totally impertinent.

We aren't talking about "some day the Supreme Court should wear white robes and pointy white hats".......

We are talking about right now - today, in the here and now. You can dream of your man-cave all you want, but TODAY we have to pick up some pieces, and get our ducks back in a row.

Too complicated for you? Come back later. Or hell, run for Congress. Whatever. Just leave us alone for a while and mind your own barbecue. We're busy.

That might happen by 2020. We are discussing right now today.....

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Good article!

I think I have a bead on three fairly worthwhile outlets, but now I don't know what to trust.

I check them all, From Huffington to Fox, from Crooks and Liars to DailyKos, CNN, ABC and especially late night shows!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
roadgravel reacted to this:

1. congressional term limits

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

With this:

That is Congress bread and butter. Not going to happen. We can dream though.

To which I respond: Is TOO going to happen!

Is going to happen. What is wrong with your sense of ambition, Eeyore? The bread and butter for the mongrels is the VERY FIRST thing to go.

It would take as step one to require that lobbying is public record.

Good suggestion!

That won't happen either.
*swipes away the pessimistic declarative buzzkill remark*

PPPpfffffttt.
Watch.

edit on 11/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Maybe not. But, it should be obvious to you that you and I don't see things eye to eye, so I need a little more attention in order to understand your view.

Take all the time you want. January 21, we start fixing things... with you or without you.

As to my view, it's simple. Talk to me like I'm a person. Don't hurl insults, don't lie, and don't be a hypocrite. The rest we can dicuss.

As it is, there was a lot of misunderstanding of facts that we cleared up, though. Right?

I need to verify my facts on journalist protections, Wikileaks still exposed corrupt, illegal acts, and the recording was still a violation of privacy... I never claimed it was stolen.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I think we have RIGHT NOW to do it, and the deadline is inauguration day.

We have to start right now.
This is our opportunity. We can't just rock back on our heels and wait. NO. We have until Monday, at the latest, to address this with all the unity we can muster --- with all the shamefacedness that is called for.......
to rout out the cancer.

Trump is the scalpel. (LOL!!!! right? The HAIR! It just screams "please scalp this!")

anyway.
that's my opinion. This is a continuation of the machine to wake us all up. The Congress included.....

it is, on one hand, a brilliant move - Machiavelli would be impressed. On the other hand, it is the most horrifying scenario that could have smacked us around.

We need to pull together, root out the infections, and in mid January, BEGIN AGAIN.
I'm not even sure Trump would ever "take office" -- even less so that "Pence" will reign. No. This is unprecedented showmanship and media orchestration of a dastardly truth.

Welcome to this thing

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The only thing we can do today is try to heal... exactly what I am doing. I don't care to celebrate; I want to reach out and try to reassure others that it's really not the end of the world... unless, of course, the three-year-old adults protesting a democratic election via temper tantrums decide to burn everything down.

Trump received absolutely no power... zero... Tuesday night. He can't sign a bill. He can't nominate to a current position. He can't direct the FBI. Obama is still President until January 20th. January 21, I expect to see action from the man.

As soon as he announces his cabinet positions, we can discuss that of course. Personally, I like the idea of having Newt back on the Hill. He's extremely intelligent and has a good sense for finances. Newt was Speaker when Bill Clinton balanced the budget... and due to that I think he should get at least as much credit as Clinton for that.

Not excited about Guilliani, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

I am seriously hoping Sessions is not picked. I don't want to lose him as Senator, especially since there is a rumor of trying to move Bob Bentley into the Senate if Sessions leaves. Gov. Bentley is another criminal that needs to be up on charges.

Please, please bring back Condoleezza Rice!

Haven't heard any more names yet. What are your opinions on his cabinet?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Talk to me like I'm a person. Don't hurl insults, don't lie, and don't be a hypocrite.

I'm not Hillary Clinton, so please don't project on me the flaws of Hillary and what you think of how her campaign treated you. Trump is way more cavalier with the truth, and he lied way more often than Clinton did during this campaign season, so if you don't want to be called out for hypocrisy, check your personal bias.

I need to verify my facts on journalist protections,

Trump lied to you when he claimed that "journalist can say anything, and you can't do anything about it". He has sued members of the press plenty of times. You bought into his media blame game, and you were ready to defend and support Trump's call to "fix" the 1st Amendment. But, you didn't know that he wants to fix it by changing the whole "innocent until proven guilty" part.

Wikileaks still exposed corrupt, illegal acts, and the recording was still a violation of privacy... I never claimed it was stolen.

You believe that playing the Billy Bush recording violated Trump's privacy. But, you don't care that illegally obtained, stolen private communications from the DNC were publicly displayed, with malice, in order to adversely affect Clinton and her campaign, violating the privacy of all involved. That's hypocrisy. Sorry to point it out.

But, that's the reality of the 1st Amendment too. Clinton couldn't "shut down parts of the internet" to stop YOU from viewing the emails any more than Trump could silence the women accusing him or erase the Billy Bush tape.

So please. Don't be so defensive and judgmental toward those of us who are not so trusting of Trump and his forthcoming entourage. Yes, Trump is President elect. That doesn't mean he should be free from scrutiny and criticism.

edit on 11-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm not Hillary Clinton, so please don't project on me the flaws of Hillary and what you think of how her campaign treated you.

I wasn't talking to Hillary Clinton; I was talking to you. I was trying to explain how I felt.

Notice the word 'was.'

I have what i wanted. Trump won. Enjoy your fantasies.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join