It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Victims Revolt: ‘We Don’t have that Kind of Money’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Do you get fined if you choose not to drive and get car insurance? No,no you don't. So if you cant afford obummer care,cause your already poor, you should be fined?

You have a good point, but when someone gets sick they get treated, and the tax payers pay, the hospital pays and the costs are inflated to accommodate the uninsured. But if you don;t have a car, you can't go to the Ford dealer and get a car.

So you get sick no insurance get treated, no car your walking.

I also think we shouldn't be forced to buy something, but we already do.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: Black_Fox

If you wanna drive and own a car, you must have insurance

Why?

Obummercare, if you don't, then you get a fine out of your taxes.

People that 'use things' should have insurance on them. Sounds reasonable? People that have never had insurance should be banned from hospitals right? Just like driving?

Do you get fined if you choose not to drive and get car insurance? No,no you don't.

So if you cant afford obummer care,cause your already poor, you should be fined?

So you don't mind paying for roads, but you do mind paying for something you absolutely will need at one point in your life?

You avoided the question, if your already to poor to afford obummercare, you should be fined for being broke?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

With all the money spent on war in the past 12 years we could have paid for it.

For sure on that. They followed the PNAC plan almost to perfection. We know who's behind that.

Instead the left caved and let the insurance companies take the whole thing over to screw the working poor.

GOP/Right Wing obstructionist Congress. I'm not sure I'd say the Left caved. More like they got what they could get.

As soon as the insurance companies signed on I knew they had been promised the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We were sold out.

The original plan was written by the Heritage Group. Been a while though since I've followed it all.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My Medical payments are going up 23% this year and the copays are astronomical.

Worst insurance I've ever had.

50+ $$$ a week.

Thats after our company covers x amount of the cost and provides other incentives to lower cost.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Why?

People that 'use things' should have insurance on them. Sounds reasonable? People that have never had insurance should be banned from hospitals right? Just like driving?

Do you get fined if you choose not to drive and get car insurance? No,no you don't.

So if you cant afford obummer care,cause your already poor, you should be fined?

So you don't mind paying for roads, but you do mind paying for something you absolutely will need at one point in your life?

You avoided the question, if your already to poor to afford obummercare, you should be fined for being broke?

No, you should be banned from hospitals. Or pay the bill. The reason this law exists is because poor people who did not have insurance found it reasonable to use services for free. Do you think that is acceptable? Guess what, now they have another affordable insurance plan. Unless there is some kind of point that Obamacare is beyond competitive and affordable compared to other plans. In that event, just take the even-cheaper insurance, and tah-duh, no fine.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yup, I am a single male and make 1600 a month. The cheapest coverage I can get is $400 a month, $7000 deductible, and 50% co-pay. For me to have medical insurance I would have to live out of my car. This is forced enslavement, paying everything we have just for the right to live.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Why?

No, you should be banned from hospitals. Or pay the bill. The reason this law exists is because poor people who did not have insurance found it reasonable to use services for free. Do you think that is acceptable? Guess what, now they have another affordable insurance plan. Unless there is some kind of point that Obamacare is beyond competitive and affordable compared to other plans. In that event, just take the even-cheaper insurance, and tah-duh, no fine.

Should the same apply to those who can't afford food?

Just to frame it in a manner one such as your self can understand, you do realize that being free means being able to survive?? Yet to survive you need the ability to forage for meat, which in order to kill an animal you have to pay the government in order to do so legally?

How about growing food? How many people who own land who choose to do it in their yards have been fined by the local government because if offended someone whom thought that it brought the property value down?

Yea, keep begging for someone to enslave you, because that's what you're are doing!
edit on 6-11-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's not just the money. In Illinois 40% of the doctors are not taking ObamaCare insurance in 2017. That effects even the poor, who have most of their monthly premium paid by middle-class taxpayers.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Screwed up tag on mobile
edit on 11/6/16 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why is Geico okay, but Obamacare not?

Oh ya, because Geico has a cute little gecko and Obamacare has the name Obama in it.

People are so surface level.

Sorry, bad comparison because the lizard isn't a compulsive liar.

Oh yeah, and you can keep your doctor.

edit on 6-11-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So why did the left, when promising us a lobster roll, accept a # sandwich? To make a point? It was a bad point.

Obama has shown himself to be inflexible, like when he turned people away from national parks when the government shutdown happened. Pure manufactured crisis. Why couldn't he hold his breath and kick his feet to get his version of ACA passed?

Because the people didn't want it. I read 2/3 of that bill and it was garbage. That was 2/3 more than all the scum bags that passed it. Did you know that the appointee who decides how much procedures are compensated could mean a republican appointee could effectively stop abortions? No? That's the crap law he passed. It's a horrible law.

He could have done a veto, but since he is as much of an egotist as people accuse Trump of being, he had to let his pet project pass.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What i have read US has it sad. I often read type 1 diabetes forums around the world, what caught my eyes it is cheaper to buy medical supplies outside of obamacare system. Through insurance mail order system medical supplies were two times more expencive than from online store.
Another issue with Obamacare is.. is it even done with competitive bidding at all. There are many diabetics who are forced to use medtronic insulin pumps because it is preferred in health plans instead the insulin pump they self have been happy about. Insulin pump is like artificial pancreas to type 1 patients.

Makes you wonder. System which is planned to cover those who are poor, forcing middle class into poverty because coverages are so expencive.. soon you have only rich and poor people .. no middle class.

Obviously the previous one were no good either, for example for diabetes care patient should have had good Hba1c to get insulin in cheaper price ( not sure is it still dependent on Hba1c .. if it is let me know .. im curious )

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If car insurance was like Obamacare, the car insurance companies would take away all our vehicles and replace them with 1971 Ford Pinto's.
edit on 6-11-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I'm not in an arguing mode today.

I support a National Health care. I support whatever doesn't work - - fix it.

I'm not anti-Obama, so I'm just not gonna go there today.

But, I didn't ignore you

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Imagine if everyone in government/politics worked together to make ACA work.

You know - - - fix what needed to be fixed, etc.

How much has the GOP cost taxpayers in fighting a National Health Care Plan?

How many years could they have paid the premiums for these people with the money they've wasted?

Imagine if everyone in government did their actual job and stopped meddling in our lives. You know, like telling us we have to purchase a product or service offered by a private company while at the same time telling those private companies the absolute minimum product or services they must provide.

Sounds like freedom.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But, I didn't ignore you

What we had before the ACA fiasco worked better than what we have now.

So you support what we used to have as a solution.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

But, I didn't ignore you

There is no real way to argue with somebody who took the time to read it. How fortunate you don't wish to argue today.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Don't forget that with the Fed and Central banks our economy depends on inflation. That also inflates medical.

If the productivity gains were shared with hourly employees, these medical costs would be more manageable.

But as it stands the average worker has had little in the way of a pay increase in 35 years.

How do you suppose the the very tip of the wealthy are funneling all that sweet sweet $ up.

I urge you to spend 6 and 1/2 minutes watching the video.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

No matter How you look at the ACA , it is Unconstitutional . The SCOTUS Knows that , but by Giving the Obama Administration an OUT by Calling it a Tax , they Rid themselves of having to do their Jobs of Upholding the Constitution .

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

But as it stands the average worker has had little in the way of a pay increase in 35 years.

And for those healthcare workers that everyone wants to blame for the ever increasing cost of healthcare, they have not only not received a raise in the last 35 years, their pay has actually decreased.

Their work load, their work hours, and the cost of maintaining their license, transportation, gas, uniforms, food, and health care has steadily increased while their pay has steadily decreased.

Many of the older, more knowledgeable and skilled providers, are leaving the field. This means the public has to accept a large number of new, poorly trained, and inexperienced providers. Expect to hear more and more complaints, but isn't the usual mantra, "you get what you pay for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join