It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Comey says agency won’t recommend charges over Clinton email

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Think I am going to be spending some time bleachbiting emails and internet accounts, LOL.
Don't want to be caught short when the brown shirts come knocking.

may i suggest after that taking your hard drive out and tossing it in the fire barrel burning it, then emptying the barrel and sending that to the dump. also fry your cable modem, change service providers and rent one from them.

that there might be enough, but you know if they want you, your toast.

link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the last time anyone was charged under that statute was in 1986. But how many times has it been used to force someone into a plea bargain? I don't know. I would imagine quite a few.

This statute isn't unique. Illinois had a similar situation with their statute against filming law enforcement officers. Fearing it would be found unconstitutional, and I believe it eventually was, prosecutors wouldn't actually charge people with it, just threaten to and it made it much easier for them to confiscate tapes of law enforcement.

link   
The point in time were these people need to be removed from the seats of power by FORCE is long over due,

Along with anyone that aides and abets them.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seeker1963

It floors me that people who suck government teats act as if they are intelligent and elite.

The inevitable conclusion of progressivism is elitism…

It amused me to no end hearing that Al Gore was too smart for the populace when he was, at best, an average student while at Harvard…

Meanwhile the Yale educated George W. Bush was dumb as a rock with a similar academic accomplishments....

Neither was phi beta kappa and maybe Gore was [maybe] cum laude if memory serves...which has NEVER been too smart for anyone with a 3 digit IQ...

Liberals truly believe their predictable groupthink puts them on the intellectual island of superiority occupied solely by the enlightened elite...and the conservative unwashed masses are intellectually ill-equipped to even understand who we are what we're voting on as related to governance…

So the Liberals will easily divest power among themselves to rule over us and make every decision for our day-to-day life no matter how inconsequential…

To a liberal control is everything:
They intend to regulate how much electricity you use, what car you drive, where you get your healthcare, how much you pay for your health care, how many animals you own, how much land you should have, what you are allowed t say and do, what news u are allowed to know, and everything under the sun should fall under governmental oversight because they know what's best...

Let them decide because they are smarter...

Christosterone

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Meanwhile.. all while the Hillary haters get upset that their false corruption narrative blew up in their faces...

Hillary is live giving an excellent speech in Cleveland AGAIN (second time in Cleveland in 2 days) with Lebron James and getting floods of likes and hearts on facebook with almost 40 thousand live viewers!

edit on 6-11-2016 by Lucidparadox because: (no reason given)

link   
More from Comey in July:

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.

Hillary SHOULD HAVE KNOWN not to engage in classified conversation on unsecure communication routes. The fact that she apparently did not know better is the only saving grace that can be pointed at in order to excuse her actions.

That's the reason they're giving her a pass, Hillary was ignorant of the proper procedures for the handling of classified information

Otherwise, the other option is that she did know better and therefore should be held accountable.

Congratulations America, you're about to have a person who is extremely careless in the handling of sensitive intelligence information granted access to all intelligence information there is...

Oh and the nuclear codes, too.

At least until she forgets about how she's supposed to safeguard them and they get left behind in a hotel room.

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Actually, Comey only said:
"we have not changed our conclusions expressed in July.”

He never said she was innocent, quite the opposite.
He only said that no prosecutor was going to prosecute.
And from what we know of the DOJ, that's certainly true.

He did not say she was innocent this time either.

Fair point.

Comey has not changed his conclusion that Hillary committed actions that would indict anyone else. Oh wait, it has.

theantimedia.org...

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seeker1963

It floors me that people who suck government teats act as if they are intelligent and elite.

The inevitable conclusion of progressivism is elitism…

It amused me to no end hearing that Al Gore was too smart for the populace when he was, at best, an average student while at Harvard…

Meanwhile the Yale educated George W. Bush was dumb as a rock with a similar academic accomplishments....

Neither was phi beta kappa and maybe Gore was [maybe] cum laude if memory serves...which has NEVER been too smart for anyone with a 3 digit IQ...

Liberals truly believe their predictable groupthink puts them on the intellectual island of superiority occupied solely by the enlightened elite...and the conservative unwashed masses are intellectually ill-equipped to even understand who we are what we're voting on as related to governance…

So the Liberals will easily divest power among themselves to rule over us and make every decision for our day-to-day life no matter how inconsequential…

To a liberal control is everything:
They intend to regulate how much electricity you use, what car you drive, where you get your healthcare, how much you pay for your health care, how many animals you own, how much land you should have, what you are allowed t say and do, what news u are allowed to know, and everything under the sun should fall under governmental oversight because they know what's best...

Let them decide because they are smarter...

Christosterone

Welcome to the future.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Name one case in which someone was prosecuted without evidence of intent.

Simple request.

link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: UKTruth

Think I am going to be spending some time bleachbiting emails and internet accounts, LOL.
Don't want to be caught short when the brown shirts come knocking.

may i suggest after that taking your hard drive out and tossing it in the fire barrel burning it, then emptying the barrel and sending that to the dump. also fry your cable modem, change service providers and rent one from them.

that there might be enough, but you know if they want you, your toast.

Servers are being pulled as we speak...

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Meanwhile.. all while the Hillary haters get upset that their false corruption narrative blew up in their faces...

Hillary is live giving an excellent speech in Cleveland AGAIN (second time in Cleveland in 2 days) with Lebron Jamessage getting floods of likes and heartshe on facebook with almost 40 thousand live viewers!

Well, at least she's not unconscious...so there's that

As for the rest of your post, I don't speak millenial...it's all clicks and whistles to me

-Chris

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

Now Comey is the bad guy. Again. Right?

Rigged. Right?

So which is it Phage?... Clinton is completely incompetent and unable to keep our secrets, hence she should not be U.S. President, and shouldn't even run for candidate, or this new conclusion by Comey is just part of a sham?...

You do realize that she did use unsecured accounts to disseminate government secrets right?... Anyone else would be in jail by now, but she is the chosen one of the globalists, so she has big money and very powerful people behind her.

It's ironic and comical to watch the Hillary fans try to dismiss what their new savior has done...

edit on 6-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
650,000 government emails on the computer of a child pervert that could be sold or blackmailed and no charges are filed.

Yeah the system is rigged.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Why were they unable to fully reconstruct the electronic record of the sorting?

Don't try to change the subject. You intentionally misrepresented what Comey said.

Why is he reading intent into a statue that does not require intent?

Because he knows how those statutes are prosecuted and how the SCOTUS's opinion of it applied. He even said himself that there is no precedence of someone being prosecuted without evidence of intent.

Honestly, I'm astounded that something so simple is so hard for many to understand.

Now this I agree with as being entirely possible.

If so - the law should be changed. Not kept on the books and used as a club against those who don't have the financial means to mount a constitutional challenge as suggested by another member here right above.

But because the law exists as written (but not enforced in the HRC case), many people believe strongly - and perhaps rightly - that there is one set of laws for most of us and another set of laws for the elite.

And that is very, very dangerous for our country.

Would you agree?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

During one of the oversight hearings, Comey was asked to recommend how Congress might modify to the law so that it is clear that proving intent is not necessary to prosecute.

Comey declined to weigh in on that.

edit on 6-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

During one of the oversight hearings, Comey was asked to recommend how Congress might modify to the law so that it is clear that proving intent is not necessary for a conviction.

Comey declined to weigh in on that.

I'm shocked I say. Shocked.

link   

Yes, I would agree. If there were a different set of laws for different people it would be dangerous.

But that is not the case here. It was applied equally and there is case history of only people with intent, or actions that prove intent, of being prosecuted.

link   

Is there a role call of the expected missing?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Representing the DOJ, assistant attorney General Peter J Kadzik wrote to Congress that his department will "continue to work closely with the FBI and together, dedicate all necessary resources and take appropriate steps as expeditiously as possible." Just one snag -- Peter Kadzik is deeply entrenched in the Clinton machine and is close friends with John Podesta, whom he apparently single-handedly kept "out of jail" after Podesta perjured himself during the Monica Lewinsky investigation.

I tell you what, it would have been some show to be a fly on the wall of all the DOJ/FBI meetings over the last week.
Mr Kadzik's involvement makes even more sense now.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if there was intent or not. Mishandling of classified documents is punishable and prosecutable. If ANYBODY else did this they would be prosecuted. As secretary of state, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Hell, get pulled over by any cop by speeding and claim you didn't know the speed limit, they will shrug and write you the ticket.

And her not knowing the labeling is major BS. Pull the video of the matt laur interview where she described what they were. She knew, she got caught, she broke the law, committed treason for lack of better term, and is now going to be the next president. Goodness, its a good thing she never hurt anybodies feelings.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join