It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "time" really exist?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Universe at it's core is dynamic system driven by expansion. I mean, if universe was static, we would experience no changes and therefore, universe as we know it wouldn't be possible. Motion here in my opinion is a key element..a parent event, if you will, to jump start it to envoke 'changes'.

Here 'time', in strict sense,, can be thought similar to motion, where one is same as the other, only manifested from point of 'now' differently.

In part, I would like to address this to folks who advocate static endless universe because the very fact of what we see around us points out to 'exceptional' position in how we witness events in motion all around us.

edit on 7-10-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Time is only relative to gravity. The further you get away from gravity, the less time is perceived to have gone by. Clocks were supposedly created by an ancient ruler who needed a way to keep track of when to screw his wives and which one etc... Like I said, supposedly.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlyNeptune

Can you hear the past now? Can you smell the future now?
All seeing and hearing and smelling happens now.
How can that which sees and hears only now prove there is anything outside now?

'Another time' is imagined now and in that imagined time an imaginary person appears to be able to do something - when really now is doing itself and now is knowing itself.
Now isn't a thing - now is all there is - it is the one and only - there is no 'thing' separate to now that can change now.

edit on 16-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What you fail to see is that the imagination which you dismiss is actually a reality of its oen- a reality in which we are not just able to see the future, but actually affect it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

'Another time' is imagined now and in that imagined time an imaginary person appears to be able to do something - when really now is doing itself and now is knowing itself.
Now isn't a thing - now is all there is - it is the one and only - there is no 'thing' separate to now that can change now.

Your wrong everything you see is in the past. Takes about 50 milliseconds to process an image. Thats why baseball players swing where the ball will be not where its at.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your wrong everything you see is in the past. Takes about 50 milliseconds to process an image. Thats why baseball players swing where the ball will be not where its at.

If he swang when he saw the ball he would miss - because the ball is moving.
When does the baseball player swing?
Everything is happening now.
Hitting a ball happens now.

Do you have to process this image that is always here? There is always an appearance - it never starts and never stops. It is not like there is nothing to see and then 50 milliseconds later an image appears.

edit on 21-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

What you fail to see is that the imagination which you dismiss is actually a reality of its oen- a reality in which we are not just able to see the future, but actually affect it.

When does imagination happen? Thoughts happen now and are known when they happen.
Images (imagination) of another time or space happen now.

But you are not doing now - so how can you affect the future?

Now is doing and knowing itself. A self watching movie - or a self licking ice cream.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I never really believed Time existed no. It's more like, a concept.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The temporal lobes of our brain is literally the place where we conceptualize time. also from the Proto Indo-European root word temp* comes the word temple. Perhaps, historically the temple implied a priesthood that had a sort of extrasensory temporal perception? Many mystics have talked of the eternal dawn, the endless summer, or as Zechariah 8:7 claims "being saved from the land of the rising and setting of the sun" (time). This is what Adam and Eve were experiencing before the fall, and is the description of the New Jerusalem where there is no more night.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Zechariah 8:7 claims "being saved from the land of the rising and setting of the sun" (time). This is what Adam and Eve were experiencing before the fall, and is the description of the New Jerusalem where there is no more night.

Agreed.
Prior to the fall there was just what is happening. The story of Adam and Eve also points to what it is like for a baby before it learns concepts. That is why in the bible it says that one must be like a child to know god ( knowing god is being god).

There is still just what is happening (nothing other) but if there is a belief in time then there will also be a belief in some 'thing' which does not exist.

Here is a nice little video that will be heard or not.

edit on 21-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelicIRage

Your atoms decaying is only a concept? OK.

You're talking nonsense now. You're big thing is everything can and only happens now... But all of a sudden I'm not doing now?

How can I affect the future? With my imagination guiding me. I don't know where in the brain, perhaps Coop is right; but it happens somewhere, it happens chemically. I see in my mind a house I want to build, I have the determination to build it. Disregarding for the moment unknown circumstances, I can say for sure I will build that house.

Or like planning a long voyage... Hell, even a plan to the grocery store... You never take a list of what you know you want to the store, so you don't forget anything? Prime example of affecting time right there.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 21-11-2017 by LucidWarrior because: replication

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Just to catch a ball you need topredict he future. And in doing so you change its outcome.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Time is the measurement of phenomena

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Here is a nice little video that will be heard or not.

Nice find. I still show friends that Satsang surfing video. This is from The Dialogue of the Savior from the Nag Hammadi scrolls:

They said to him, "What is the place to which we are going?"
The Lord said, "Stand in the place you can reach... I have told you that it is the one who can see who reveals."

"I Am" is the present tense of to be.
edit on 21-11-2017 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How can I affect the future? With my imagination guiding me. I don't know where in the brain, perhaps Coop is right; but it happens somewhere, it happens chemically. I see in my mind a house I want to build, I have the determination to build it. Disregarding for the moment unknown circumstances, I can say for sure I will build that house.

Or like planning a long voyage... Hell, even a plan to the grocery store... You never take a list of what you know you want to the store, so you don't forget anything? Prime example of affecting time right there.

The prime assumption is that thoughts have a thinker and actions have a doer. There is a belief in a 'you' that does thoughts - the thoughts speak about this 'I' that does things, including thought. But thoughts just happen - a image of a house appears in mind, determinism appears and a 'real' house appear- but where is the separate you that did that?
Everything is just happening and there is an added on 'thing' that does not exist. The belief in some thing that does not exist causes all the problems in the world - if seen - the world and you both disappear and all there is is what is actually happening right now.
When the delusion of time happens - it is all about me - me in time - the aliveness of what is appears as stories of me and some 'thing' else. As soon as there are two things there is conflict - me and some 'thing' starts it off.

The One - the only - is what is happening - this that always is - is simply happening - it is not made of a you and some other thing. It is totally crazy and oh so obvious when it is seen.

It is a movie that is aware of itself. It is the one unfolding - it is all seeing and all knowing and it is doing everything - there isn't any thing..............just THAT.

The belief in that separate someone - is the separation from God - but really it is all God - God is not a person or a thing or an entity - God is the whole works. All seeing and all knowing - without the knowing would you know there was an appearance. Seeing happens - words translate that 'happening' into 'I am seeing' - thoughts deceive. Is there really a seer separate from seeing?

The Thinker and Thought
Is there any relationship between the thinker and his thought, or is there only thought and not a thinker? If there are no thoughts there is no thinker. When you have thoughts, is there a thinker? Perceiving the impermanency of thoughts, thought itself creates the thinker who gives himself permanency; so thought creates the thinker; then the thinker establishes himself as a permanent entity apart from thoughts which are always in a state of flux. So, thought creates the thinker and not the other way about. The thinker does not create thought, for if there are no thoughts, there is no thinker. The thinker separates himself from his parent and tries to establish a relationship, a relationship between the so-called permanent, which is the thinker created by thought, and the impermanent or transient, which is thought. So, both are really transient.
Pursue a thought completely to its very end. Think it out fully, feel it out and discover for yourself what happens. You will find that there is no thinker at all. For, when thought ceases, the thinker is not. We think there are two states, as the thinker and the thought. These two states are fictitious, unreal. There is only thought, and the bundle of thought creates the 'me', the thinker.
www.jkrishnamurti.org...
edit on 22-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
This is from The Dialogue of the Savior from the Nag Hammadi scrolls:

They said to him, "What is the place to which we are going?"
The Lord said, "Stand in the place you can reach... I have told you that it is the one who can see who reveals."

"I Am" is the present tense of to be.

Nice. 'I am' is another way of pointing to now or what actually is - unavoidable and unimaginable - and overlooked..

Nice find. I still show friends that Satsang surfing video.

Cool
Was that a Peter Brown satsang? Have you been to his website?
Here is one of his pages (clicking link will happen or not. lol)

We are word and idea junkies; we are addicted to semantic systems.

This means that we use words/ideas with an unchallenged confidence that they bear a somewhat accurate correspondence to the actual state of things, Reality.

Within a limited context this may be somewhat true. We can record information, instructions, recipes, etc. in words, and another human will be able to use those words to approximate the "real-world" conditions we intended to refer to. This semantic functionality has apparently given our species a large evolutionary advantage.

BUT... for "spirituality", inquiry into Reality, into our true condition, words/ideas are worse than useless. They are potentially our biggest impediment.

This is because we may tend to assume that the objects/actions which words refer to, ACTUALLY EXIST IN THE WAY THE WORDS THAT REFER TO THEM SEEM TO DEFINE THEM. That is, we may tend to view our experience as being actually made up of the objects and actions that the words we are using to describe it imply.

This is a fundamental mistake, due to the fact that ALL experience is in actuality an infinite, constantly changing, non-repeating, indefinable (in any final way), unpatterned field of miraculously appearing Radiantly Present "energies" existing nowhere else than IN experience, perceived by unknowable, miraculously appearing "consciousness". But our use of words implies that objects and actions may actually exist in the way we refer to them, as knowable, definable objectively existing "beings", "things" and "situations".

This is actually NOT the case.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes and no. human measured time is fake. universal time does though.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You're talking nonsense now. You're big thing is everything can and only happens now... But all of a sudden I'm not doing now?

It is not that 'you' are not doing now - you are now - you are not a thing - you are all that is.

There isn't any thing that isn't now - but now is not done by separate parts - now is being all there is.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

It is not that 'you' are not doing now - you are now - you are not a thing - you are all that is.

There isn't any thing that isn't now - but now is not done by separate parts - now is being all there is.

Sounds good, it really does. Now please explain what “now” is.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join