It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "time" really exist?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The forth dimension, "Time", a three dimensional object moving in a three dimensional space. The past, where object has been, future where object will be.
Without the subjective object "self", to be aware of the now and the ability to store information, to envision certain possibilities that many come. So really it gets down to levels of awareness, where as a rock would have no perspective of self, so would seem quite meaning less, other that being data that would be collected, stored, by a object , thing, with awareness.
What the whole time would be is levels of awareness or lack of, the evolution of awareness, with the most aware being the Creator.
If you perceived everything at once would time still exist, if you were ubiquitous .

stone that is eroding, is just effect of time it does not know it is eroding, simply ism cause and effect.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

The forth dimension, "Time", a three dimensional object moving in a three dimensional space. The past, where object has been, future where object will be.

Yes, in a way..I agree. I look at 'time' dimension as a 'driver' for 3 spatial dimensions, in a sense, that 'time' somehow increases available spatial volume by expansion dragging matter along into new available space volume.

Events are in sequential motion or order, cause and effect, because time arises from the fact that material objects move slower than 'c', the speed of 'time' flow, and these material objects are acting as a screen where 'now' is happening.

The stone in a desert is also experiencing 'time flow'. How do I know? Because with right knowledge and tools I can tell by examining a scoop of sand, reconstruct it and derive it's origin.
Does the above mean I see the actual stone 200 million years ago in time or I am looking at stone remains with ability to derive it's origin?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
'Now' is an attribute of time, so logically, time does exist because exists 'state of now'..

edit on 25-7-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Time is indeed a river, but the river is circular.

upload.wikimedia.org...

There is no 'now'. 'Now' is an illusion. But time is real, and we are all time traveling. There is no time travel 'to the past', because there is no past, only future. The ordering of moments is subjective, and not a straight objective line, therefore you can travel 'back in time' and we actually do it. Although I did say there is no now, in a way one can say that everything is happening 'right now'. But there is still no such thing as 'now' in the way that humans think of it. Precisely because everything is happening 'right now', there is no 'now', as 'now' implies a duality - 'not-now'. There is no such thing as 'not-now' and therefore there is no 'now'.

The scientific view of time and reality as a whole are limited to finite paradigms and linear ways of thinking. You have to go beyond linear thinking to grasp the truth, and therefore science is sadly a dead end. All easy solutions are dead ends. Most people live their whole lives without seeing the truth.

So, don't abandon your idea of time, abandon linear time and its spawn - 'nowness'.

Btw, why can't I make a topic? Do I need a minimum number of posts or something?
edit on 15-8-2017 by Rhaegar7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhaegar7

'Now' is an illusion..

Thinking how is it an illusion.

Since events pass me by, for me to witness the change from a second ago, I must be 'stationary' in order to experience 'environment' change.

In my opinion 'now' is a special temporal state, where an 'observer' is synonymous to the state on 'now'.

In a way, state of 'now' is serving as screen with some sort of memory and reacting capabilities that help to sustain it when it comes to life, in particular.

edit on 18-8-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It could be that 'you' are circular and river is a river..

Something 'circular' has to be involved into how our reality forms, I agree, and especially state of 'now'.

I can imaging mechanism for 'memory', where environmental change is being 'compared' with previous state 'a planck time' ago, which is a period of the complete round, may be?)

Thanks for your reply)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Anything that can be measure the same way you would measure distance is real even if abstract.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenreflections

It could be that 'you' are circular and river is a river..

Something 'circular' has to be involved into how our reality forms, I agree, and especially state of 'now'.

I can imaging mechanism for 'memory', where environmental change is being 'compared' with previous state 'a planck time' ago, which is a period of the complete round, may be?)

Thanks for your reply)

That is creating effect of 'passing frames'. Like on the movie screen sequence of still shots set in sequential motion where the result is meaningful picture on the screen.
'Sequential motion' I can identify only with a 'flow' or a 'stream' concept.

edit on 3-9-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

Energy condenses into 'matter' if part of it moves slower than c. I think it is safe to assume.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
does time really exist?

Time is just another name for "change."

If nothing in the universe changed, there would be no time.

Also, time, or the rate of which we see changes happening, is all relative.

When some changes take place really rapidly relative to our normal experience, we say the "temperature" of that is higher than our temperature.

So, if we want to speed up change, make time go faster, we heat things up.

Only that portion of the universe that we heat up goes faster, however, our own part of the universe changes at its normal pace.

So, it's all relative. Time = change = temperature.

edit on 3-9-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Time, as the fourth dimension surely does exist. The human condition is categorized by our journey through it, and the experience of linear time.

What doesn't really exist, apart as an experience is linear time. We experience linear time as human beings - the feeling that the future flows into the present and then into the past. But future, present and past are relational to our own point of perspective. If we were to stop moving, there would be no future, present or past. So linear time is derivative from our movement through the fourth dimension. And the fourth dimension is not ordered by some invisible hand of God from 1 to infinity.. All points in the fourth dimension are equally valid as a starting point.

Enter non-linear time and time travel.

If time travel was impossible.. how come you're doing it *all the time*?!

Addendum: Another way in which time does not exist is that there is no universal clock ticking for everything. Einstein proved that, but even if he hadn't, this shouldn't be so surprising. The idea of the Universal clock always moving from 1 to infinity, is simply erroneous and you could say that 'time does not exist' with this idea in mind. There is no universal clock ticking for the whole of Creation. (Even if there is, it does not measure linearity, but would rather encode a sort of circular time, always feeding into itself.) There is only the personal experience of linear time, which is a construct. You are moving through time, and by the laws of relativity, the Universe seems to move in accordance. If you stopped moving, the Universe would stop as well. And since there is no universal clock ticking, it could be said that 'there is no time', because people generally take 'time' to mean this universal clock. Time does not pass for the whole, and in this sense there is no time.

We're having the experience of linear time, while floating in timeless relativity. Once we're fed up with the experience of linear time, we'll write ourselves off the Game equation and enter timelessness.

Everything in Creation has a lower octave - a base, and a higher octave - an energizing active component. In the case of time, timelessness is the lower octave - the base and what's real, while time is the higher octave - the active force that governs the unfolding of the base. Time can be seen as a balancing force that corrects the effects of free will on timelessness, so that timelessness is preserved.

The idea of linear time - that everything starts from ground zero and then evolves through some kind of void, is simply wrong. It's rather that the ocean of time exists timelessly and the whole itself encodes the various linear perspectives. While traveling through time, we are moving through various degrees of time-space, but the illusion is that we create them. We don't create the future, we simply align our own point of reference with another one. Movement is what creates the experience of past, present and future.

The idea that the present is created by itself in an eternal loop is wrong. In fact - the various possible futures create the present moment and movement through time is movement through pre-existing parts of the Absolute of time.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Rhaegar7 because: typos and addendum

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Time is change..everything changes, some things faster than other...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Time exists because of entropy. The laws of physics can go forward and backward. But in reality, time only goes in one direction - from low entropy to higher entropy. If you spill a glass of water, it's not going to return to the glass. But it's not a static process because as the water spills from the glass and entropy increases, so does the time it takes to complete the process. I guess that would be the conventional explanation of time.

There is another one that I read about (don't have the link) that time moving forward leaves a signature, or changes to, the environment of the universe. If you reversed the process, there would be no signature left behind and, therefore, events and matter never existed. So if you were able to travel back in time, you never would have existed at your "landing point". Logically, you shouldn't be there. I guess to really go backwards in time, you would have to do it as an observer outside the system, maybe from another dimension.

Hard to wrap your head around, but I'll take the conventional model. So my question is - if total thermal equilibrium were achieved in the universe (which apparently won't happen), does time stop? I guess it must because the universe would be at maximum entropy.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

from low entropy to higher entropy. If you spill a glass of water, it's not going to return to the glass. But it's not a static process because as the water spills from the glass and entropy increases

...agree.

The 'flow' of time exists because to witness it, state of 'now' is required.
edit on 7-9-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

May be...I know it is wrong to think of photon as timeless entity but photon might be in a state of 'now' everywhere in the universe. Splitting one into two essentially only an illusion. Changing properties of one affects the other one instantaneously because they in fact never got separated in their domain. It is location of an observer in it's world line that changed. But I am no expert at all.

cheers)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Time is a measurement of phenomena, as phenomena is a yardstick of time

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Time is a measurement of phenomena, as phenomena is a yardstick of time

True! I was gonna say time is a human construct but what about the consistent time it takes for the earth to orbit the sun and stuff like that. What you said is the only way we actually understand and use time

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join