It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "time" really exist?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenreflections

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

a reply to: Itisnowagain

He went too spiritual in that video after 15th min and on. How state of 'now' can be experienced (generated) with only known laws of physics? He says nothing about that.

The video is only 12.22 mins long so I cannot check what he says after the 15th minute onward to see if he went too 'spiritual' - sorry.

It seemed like eternity, to be honest. So, since you watched the video entirely, did the man mention what might be a mechanism behind state of 'now'?

There is nothing behind the curtain.
Now is complete in itself.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I see time as a framework allowing us to experience, and love, and cherish, a moment of all that is

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Do I want to do some more.....25 or 6 to 4.......

9 minutes later the high frequency world reveals itself.
That X-files Tempus Fugit episode is starting to make sense.
You get greedy, you end up on a bigger plane?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

He went too spiritual in that video after 15th min and on. How state of 'now' can be experienced (generated) with only known laws of physics? He says nothing about that.

The video is only 12.22 mins long so I cannot check what he says after the 15th minute onward to see if he went too 'spiritual' - sorry.

It seemed like eternity, to be honest. So, since you watched the video entirely, did the man mention what might be a mechanism behind state of 'now'?

There is nothing behind the curtain.
Now is complete in itself.

Thank you for the link to video. I like the idea that many people think just like me on key importance of the meaning of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

May be an answer in SR? Frames of reference have unique meaning. Can I narrow down frame of reference to my mind? Better -- narrow down to life?

Life was possible in presence of time singularity environment, imo.

I call 'now' a 'time singularity' because I don't have a suitable term for it. May be some one can come up with another term for 'now' that would extend a term to another level of understanding?

edit on 15-12-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Time is just movement or something like that. Movement of planets, movement of sundials.

Like matter...it is all in the senses....the mind.
edit on 16-12-2017 by gell1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
Time is just movement or something like that. Movement of planets, movement of sundials.

Like matter...it is all in the senses....the mind.

Yes, it is appearing moving only because you move slower or faster than what ever you see passing you by. My bet is you moving slower than everything around you because only in that state you can draw a frame for reference concept. Events around you are appear in motion relative to your 'stationary' state. Temporal state.

To witness all this motion around, you have to be 'stationary', in other words.

That's my premise)
edit on 17-12-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't think so, no.

It's all about perception.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The thing is that it doesn't take a human mind to experience time flow. My cat can anticipate trajectory of a toy I toss in the air and calculate an intercept point using sense of timing. How is that explained?
edit on 17-12-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Nice point.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

thanks bud. I wish this thread was more proactive, more ideas put forward. But majority insist 'time' is only a human construct, not existent in, and not part of reality.

cheers)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

thanks bud. I wish this thread was more proactive, more ideas put forward. But majority insist 'time' is only a human construct, not existent in, and not part of reality.

cheers)

Has time not been sufficiently covered in this thread?

It boils down to this,

Traveing is space is traveling in time, traveling in time is traveling in space. Time itself is not real, but the experience of it is. Time is not real because everything that was and will ever exist, exists right NOW. It is only our point of view right now that might lead us to believe that this is not so.

It is like a filmstrip, all the frames already exist. We, from our point of view, experience the frames one after the other. However, all the frames already exist.
All time periods are co-existing right NOW. The concept of "reincarnation" is not quite as accurate as "simultaneous multiple incarnations".

Continuity is an ILLUSION since one is not obligated to go from one frame to another frame that is almost the same, this is what is known as traveling back and forth in time.

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

"Now" is not only common for life as I mentioned in my previous posts...'now' traps everything that moves slower than speed of light. Matter existing on a state of now. Take a stone in a shallow river current, for example. Water flux erodes the stone. But in a meantime, the stone serves as a bed to green algae on it's surface, a solid platform for something more complex to take rise. Algae on the stone is continuation platform, stable surface, to build more complex matter bonds that the current offers.
edit on 23-12-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

All time periods are co-existing right NOW.

Not until you in your 'now' encounter them...in sequential order.

You witness only one at the time. So, what are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

cheers)

What do you believe Time is, if not a Human Construct?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

There are limits to record-ability set by current human comprehend-able technology.

I used the example of the high frequency trading platforms used by Wall street dark pools as an example.
The charts look very different at the higher resolution, much choppier "alien" to many people.
You can learn a lot by just setting a large limit order on a slow day in that case.

Since this is ATS and we investigate crashed alien vehicles (some of which turn out to be classified military) this is a good question. Maybe humans don't understand the quantum world yet? After the Michelson Morley experiments back in the 1800's Michelson had a nervous breakdown, perhaps he contacted an alien world and saw too much?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Interesting OP.. I haven't read the whole thing yet, and as it looks to be a very active thread, I will enjoy working my way through it. The only thing I would add at the outset is that I share your suspicins regarding time.

I mean, it's the essence of number theory in addition to the measurement of state change in a local environ. If I have ten minutes, I halve that & get five. I halve it again & get 2 mins 30 seconds. Repeat the process & we have 1 min 15 seconds. Keep halving that value & you will never get to the end of a measurement of time, because you will ALWAYS, ad infinitum, reach a value for the state change which you are measuring.

I may have things a bit twisted, but this suggests to me that one moment from another is entirely without a fundamental reality of its own. And it 'feels' like time is curved, in & of itself, as a result, though I haven't figured out why this would be the case yet. It seems that we would ever wrap ourselves around the spindle of time in an effort to measure even a single moment in actual fundamental terms. Infinitely receding loop which perhaps spirals as a torus around an axis which goes hither & thither by inscrutable design, though mirrored in fewer dimensions by the motions of planets around stars, around galactic centres, around galactic clusters, around whatever follows, to the end of all things.

While writing I have wondered if it is only our attempt to measure in abstract form which is illusory - and I'm certain that's true to some extent, and at least partially describes the underlying reasons for my suspicions. However, there's a deep feeling which accompanies the contemplation, that perhaps everything all is a single moment in the mind of God, and that our part is that of observers moving through that moment and experiencing it in a limited way, in a fallen way perhaps. Maybe 'The Garden' was supposed to be viewed from a position of higher dimensional awareness/integration - and by succumbing to whatever 'temptation' existed, we fell from that elevated position into the timestream, and were thus bound to the timestream, moreso than the interpretation which states that materialism is the problem. Perhaps Time is the key to the Fall...

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Now

is now no matter how much time its only

Now

“time” does not exist at all. Simply put, It is a series of “now” moments
Think about the past or think about the future, you can only do it now.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What does exist?

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

cheers)

What do you believe Time is, if not a Human Construct?

It's not human construct. Humans are only to conceptualize it, not to invent it.

I will eleborate later...

cheers)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join