It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "time" really exist?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Now is what appears to be happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

It is now now - how long do you think now lasts, if you were to time it, you would start the timing now - how long does now last? How fast is now moving through time? Is there such a thing as time for now to move through? Does now move at all? Does now ever go anywhere?

edit on 23-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain good response

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Do I want to do some more.....25 or 6 to 4.......

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry to jump in but

everything you see is in the past. Takes about 50 milliseconds to process an image.

You are missing the entire point. Basically the premise is that to witness changes around you, you yourself have to be 'stationary'. It is state of 'now'. It allows you to evaluate changes from your environment point of view compared to surrounding environment which continuously changing according to you (your state of now).

Your temporal state has to be referential to form concept of surrounding environment. Your state of 'now' is recognized as observational to everything outside your state.

What it takes to process an image is only one of noted details about the whole event. It's like saying an apple is red and sweet which omits the nature of an apple itself.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenreflections
a reply to: dragonridr

Sorry to jump in but

everything you see is in the past. Takes about 50 milliseconds to process an image.

You are missing the entire point. Basically the premise is that to witness changes around you, you yourself have to be 'stationary'. It is state of 'now'. It allows you to evaluate changes from your environment point of view compared to surrounding environment which continuously changing according to you (your state of now).

Your temporal state has to be referential to form concept of surrounding environment. Your state of 'now' is recognized as observational to everything outside your state.

What it takes to process an image is only one of noted details about the whole event. It's like saying an apple is red and sweet which omits the nature of an apple itself.

Perhaps we have evolved to incorporate this delayed reaction to create our own new temporal state, from which we can make sense of things.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

You might like this:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Of course time is a humam construct, nothing earth shattering there...
Show me a piece of "time" and while your at it show me a piece of past and a piece of future.
Merely regular mathmatical intervals on a naturally occuring cycle.

What is more amazing is that most people think there is something called time.

a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

He went too spiritual in that video after 15th min and on. How state of 'now' can be experienced (generated) with only known laws of physics? He says nothing about that.
edit on 30-11-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Time is a real thing.

Study Relativity and this becomes clear.

Yeah, I know -- when you live your live on a planet with billions of other people who all share your intertial frame of reference, you can fool yourself into thinking time isn't real. After all, every experience you'll ever have, or share with others, moves at the same temporal rate that has been experienced by every other human being since the beginning of history.

But when you consider time on the universal scale, it's clear it's more than just a human construct to explain our changing world. I mean, it is THAT too. But the thing is, the rate of change varies per the laws of relativity.

What is time? In the most simplistic terms, it is the ticking of a clock. What sort of clock? Any device that keeps a regular beat. And at its heart, once all layers of abstraction are stripped away, the same clock exists beneath everything: the rate at which subatomic particles interact with the universe.

And here's the thing: Per relativity, the clock moves at different rates depending upon how fast you move, your rate of acceleration, and/or the strength of your present gravity well.

There's a reason why we Earthlings have to configure the clocks on GPS satellites to move at a different rate than the clocks here on earth.

So yes, we know time is a PHYSICAL property of the universe.

We don't have a very good handle on whether time is fundamental or emergent.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

He went too spiritual in that video after 15th min and on. How state of 'now' can be experienced (generated) with only known laws of physics? He says nothing about that.

The video is only 12.22 mins long so I cannot check what he says after the 15th minute onward to see if he went too 'spiritual' - sorry.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Time, is a man made concept. I've thought about it over the years like you are now, and my only conclusion is that Time is like an awareness of reality. People must be even half awake to perceive time creation by those responsible for it, so, this could very well be our journey towards getting past that, into No Time. The place where we began before time existed as we perceive it.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
Time, is a man made concept. I've thought about it over the years like you are now, and my only conclusion is that Time is like an awareness of reality. People must be even half awake to perceive time creation by those responsible for it, so, this could be our journey towards getting past that, into No Time. The place where we began before time existed as we perceive it.

It is not 'man made' it is thought made.
Awareness of what is (reality) is happening always - presently.
Thoughts appear in awareness - thoughts of other times happen in awareness - but awareness is always now.

You are now - you are the aware space in which existence appears to exit.

The aware space that you are never began so will never end.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Time, is a man made concept. I've thought about it over the years like you are now, and my only conclusion is that Time is like an awareness of reality. People must be even half awake to perceive time creation by those responsible for it, so, this could be our journey towards getting past that, into No Time. The place where we began before time existed as we perceive it.

Thoughts appear in awareness - thoughts of other times happen in awareness - but awareness is always now.

Thank you GOD i had no idea.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Thank you GOD i had no idea.

There are many ideas appearing and disappearing - but the aware space that they appear in often gets missed - overlooked.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The spaces between spaces. We all have it, but religion has nothing to do with it, and whatever it is, it will reveal itself when it so desires.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The spaces between spaces. We all have it, but religion has nothing to do with it, and whatever it is, it will reveal itself when it so desires.

No not the spaces between spaces. And no one has it - it just is.
There is just this ever present awareness which appears as it is.

This appearance right here IS appearing - appearing and observingness are one.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

We are just, here. True.

The only thing dividing us from everything else is the illusion of Time.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

We all have it, but religion has nothing to do with it, and whatever it is, it will reveal itself when it so desires.

It is never not revealing itself - but the idea is that it is somewhere else - some when else - not here and now always.

The only thing dividing us from everything else is the illusion of Time.

Yes - where is time? It is now - everything is now.

Well - everything is not now really. Now is everything!! Now is being all that is - it is seeing and knowing itself.

Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.

The only thing which divides us - is the idea of things. Twoness never happened.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The video is only 12.22 mins long so I cannot check what he says after the 15th minute onward to see if he went too 'spiritual' - sorry.

It seemed like eternity, to be honest. So, since you watched the video entirely, did the man mention what might be a mechanism behind state of 'now'?
edit on 2-12-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join