It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "time" really exist?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Or if you'd prefer, imagine all the multiverse lined up next to each other, and we as conscious beings have the ability to affect which of our choices we make and thus decide which universe we are in.

I am having difficult time imagining multiverses, individual 3D entities, being lined up next to each other. Instead,

I will support this notion with suggesting, individual 2D universes intersect to create single 3D spatial space. This would also qualify as multi verse approach, meaning individually, each universe is meaningless without other intersecting 2D 'planes'...only combined , by sharing dimensionality intersect lines might form world and space around us and that's how it is 'multi' verse, in this case?

cheers)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

well, may be not 'intersect lines' but spots'...Volume creation...but this is outside of thread's topic.

Still, in respect to life...how does physics explain the fact, that to move or accelerate any physical body, force must be applied to it, where I can move in space without any force applied on me? I can get up off my chair and start walking and no force was applied on me..

Anyone is willing to post own take on this?

This is to show how to me 'life' is still outside known physical knowledge. The answer has everything to do with the question 'What time is, imo.

cheers board)

edit on 18-5-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Mystery to me as how electron moves..what it uses as propulsion? How photon moves and why?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: greenreflections
Still, in respect to life...how does physics explain the fact, that to move or accelerate any physical body, force must be applied to it, where I can move in space without any force applied on me? I can get up off my chair and start walking and no force was applied on me..

Well if you examine your direct experience - you never ever move!
You are always right here and right now. It is the apparent scenery which moves. Do you see thoughts move? Do you see (what you call) your body move?
When you are in a car driving along a road - are you moving? Remember that you are 'sat down' in a seat in a car.
You are the witness of the movement but you never move.
Watch this and let me know what thoughts arise (it is not about reincarnation - it is an examination of what it means to be incarnated).

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Do you see thoughts move?

Yes. The thought is a sequence. Sequence has duration before it can be named a 'sequence'. Thought is also a subject to motion. Me, as the one who produces and evaluates thoughts, is stationary. Otherwise, I won't be able to generate any thoughts. I must be stationary to thought flow.

It is wrong to speak of thought while discussing life, imo. Life came to be way before we could think and call it a thought process.

About your video..before I got to the part where re incarnation question comes...

The 'experience' means it is a witness to duration. But how else you can witness anything if you are moving along with everything else? Like in a movie theater...tape is played back moving frames in front of you on movie theater screen. You have to agree that you are stationary (not moving with film frames) to experience the act.

edit on 21-5-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The 'experience' means it is a witness to duration. But how else you can witness anything if you are moving along with everything else? Like in a movie theater...tape is played back moving frames in front of you on movie theater screen. You have to agree that you are stationary (not moving with film frames) to experience the act.

Yes - you are the stationary screen that the movie is playing on. The screen is always present as the background to all that appears.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Do you see thoughts move?

Yes. The thought is a sequence. Sequence has duration before it can be named a 'sequence'. Thought is also a subject to motion. Me, as the one who produces and evaluates thoughts, is stationary. Otherwise, I won't be able to generate any thoughts. I must be stationary to thought flow.

It is wrong to speak of thought while discussing life, imo. Life came to be way before we could think and call it a thought process.

About your video..before I got to the part where re incarnation question comes...

'Consciousness' is not equal to 'life'. Curious folks tend to attribute 'consciousness' ascribing real world and build philosophy of reality based on that premise.
Consciousness arises as life complexity advances.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Yes - you are the stationary screen that the movie is playing on. The screen is always present as the background to all that appears.

Agree. The screen is the answer as to what is happening. What the screen could be?

Also, once we know what is the screen, how do we remember a 'moment' ago? Besides projection medium, there must be a mechanism that compares states of matter from 'now' point of view?

Past and future are derived from concrete current state and memory that suggests the probability of 'future' based on the 'past'.

edit on 25-5-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
To me and majority of folks the meaning of infinity always been beyond comprehension. Being an odd concept to our every day experience. But most of the time, we think of infinity relating to distance. Infinity in my mind draws picture of infinite volume stretching further away where my vision or mind can no longer grasp. But infinity can also be something very familiar.

Circle... Circular motion. Distance with no end if we let it to repeat...There is even a term for that sort of infinity -- Hz, Hertz. Round and round it goes)))) LOL

...Hope yall are doing fabulous today.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The screen is the answer as to what is happening. What the screen could be?

The screen is not any 'thing' but is everything.
Imagine a tv screen - no thing can appear without the screen yet when the tv screen seems to be full of appearing things, the screen is overlooked.
The screen is aware presence.

You may believe that you are a person but really you are the screen in/on which existence is appearing. What is appearing is not made of anything other than the screen.

Also, once we know what is the screen, how do we remember a 'moment' ago? Besides projection medium, there must be a mechanism that compares states of matter from 'now' point of view?

No one remembers a moment ago - there is only ever what is appearing on the screen presently.

Past and future are derived from concrete current state and memory that suggests the probability of 'future' based on the 'past'.

Past and future are just words appearing now. Everything appears now - because seeing is always now.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What if there really was no time? You would be just what you are now!
What are you without time? What are you if there is no past or future?

You are here now - what are you now?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Time and Time Again I, I , I , & I have a concept of it, a saturation point...... but when, was it, that, I I I I I I I cant be sure? the filling of conception, in the time, I I I I I identified.. it... was at what time.... in time exactly? I think the Clock deceives the expanse ???

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If there is no time and time is an illusion and it is just the here and now with memory and expectation, then how is time-dilation explained? It has been proven over and over that an aircraft traveling in the air, that time is slower in the aircraft than for an observer, standing on the ground. The faster an object travels, the slower time is.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It known that time does not exist.
It is also known that most people seem unable to grasp this.

To have "something" you have to show what it is.
We have water, air, electrons, etc.

Time is the motion of an atom, the unwinding of a spring, a portion of a solar cycle, the only thing they have in common is persistence, cycles, and very slow decay. What you will never find is "time".

Never enough of it, though, apparently.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The screen is not any 'thing' but is everything.
Imagine a tv screen - no thing can appear without the screen yet when the tv screen seems to be full of appearing things, the screen is overlooked.
The screen is aware presence.

I think I understand what you say. We, by nature, get too preoccupied with an act on that screen, that it never occur to us that the screen has to be there to begin with? The screen keeps us busy with what is displayed?

Here is a thing. That screen is not just a movie screen. It is an instance that has spece volume where physical world materializes briefly (duration of 'now'. 'Now' has to have a duration since it creates and accommodates sense of dimensional volume).

What is displayed on the 'screen' is very tangible besides only seeing an image of passing events.

May be 'volume' does not exists outside our 'now' experience?

edit on 30-5-2017 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekAnswers

If so what about the fact that we are traveling at thousands and thousands of miles per hour, right now . Perhaps even more hundreds of thousands of miles per hour.
What's really weird is that we are still, within the Singularity, nothing has really changed, I mean like the Singularity is still, the One thing in the Universe, it is just moving, evolving, but is it really bigger, is it just a illusion.
Time never stops as some say it does, in a black hole, or Singularity, if it did, how could it, supposedly bang.

Time, a 3 dimensional object, moving in a 3 dimensional. space, Time, does it exist, yes, as much as we appear to exist.

The Nothing is so boring, then upon becoming a duality, the rest of everything comes with it, you can't leave anything out, then it just goes on and on, I would guess time is just one of the necessities to try and sort things out, which I'm quit sure they are sorted, all the beans have been counted, then counted again, all you have is time.

And some don't believe in a Creator, their are Beings if met, you would surly believe they were God, but they, only being a part of this Creation. we being almost as ants, before them.

Hearken unto to the Truth, for the Glory of the Creator, is upon you, as is upon All.
edit on 4-6-2017 by OOOOOO because: fix stuff

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I think I understand what you say. We, by nature, get too preoccupied with an act on that screen, that it never occur to us that the screen has to be there to begin with? The screen keeps us busy with what is displayed?

Here is a thing. That screen is not just a movie screen. It is an instance that has spece volume where physical world materializes briefly (duration of 'now'. 'Now' has to have a duration since it creates and accommodates sense of dimensional volume).

How long is now? Is it a brief duration? When is it not now?
Have a look now at what is appearing - sensation is appearing and perception and there maybe thoughts as well. Notice that thoughts cannot speak of now - notice that they always speak about another time and space. Now is missed because thought divides now into 'before and after' - but has 'before or after' ever been experienced?
The screen is like a movie but there are no edges to the screen. When viewing a real tv screen is there not a sense of dimensional volume - even prior to the 3D televisions - there is depth.

What is displayed on the 'screen' is very tangible besides only seeing an image of passing events.

What is displayed is just showing up - sounds, sensation, colour, thoughts - everything. However what is showing up never stays the same - but that which is knowing it (the aware screen on which it appears) is always the same.

May be 'volume' does not exists outside our 'now' experience?

It is not possible to know if there is anything outside of now - it is impossible to know if anything actually exists outside of the knowing of it.
The screen is consciousness - always present and aware.
Here is a great video which explains better than I can.

edit on 4-6-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Time is a dimension, not something to be taken linerally.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GalzuFromQ

Time is a dimension, not something to be taken linerally.

If that is the case, can we somehow move around in it, or through it? If space and time are related, is the past or future merely distance?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The screen is consciousness - always present and aware.

Technically, consciousness is an attribute of life. Life is 'present and aware' before most. A frog also undergoing the 'now'. Living cell does too. It ages and dies because the state of 'now' comes at cost to sustain.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join