It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Kola peninsula not Volgograd so I assume you didn't even watch the vid not interested ?

edit on 1172016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 1172016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Klaus Dona isn't going to help your case... he is art historian and very uncritical with his "artifacts".

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Indeed Klaus Dona is very uncritical but the shear amount of 'things' he shows make one think doesn't it ?
Is human history fully understood ? I don't think so. At the same time keppler missions find one exoplanet after the other.

Until someone comes with a good explanation how megalith structures were build i think it's save to assume that Ancient Aliens had something to do with it...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Salander

There is evidence for it, but still the theory cannot be proved to the satisfaction of skeptics. Mountains of circumstantial evidence, probably direct evidence, but a man with a closed mind sees only what he wants to see.

Same question to you, then.
Where is this stuff you consider to be evidence?

Before (or if) you answer, I'd suggest a search of ATS. The search function here might work well enough for you, but if not use a site-specific Google search like this one:
ATS-specific Google search on ancient alien evidence

If you don't know how to do that, all you have to do is add site:abovetopsecret.com to the end of your search term(s).

Harte

At the very least, what I learned from watching the series is that history as it is taught in western schools is very questionable and inaccurate when it comes to early man's abilities and progress.

For example, considering Pythagoras as our source of so many math principles including Pi, and then discovering that the images and symbols found on Gavrinis Island can be decoded at Pi out to many decimal points, and that the building in which those symbols are found pre-date Pythagoras by centuries or more, is problematical for me.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Kola peninsula not Volgograd so I assume you didn't even watch the vid not interested ?

Presenting a youtube video without some sort of comment on its contents leads people to not watch your submitted video.
Since you refuse to actually type your "evidence," no other conclusion can be reached but that you don't have any evidence.

It doesn't work like this: "YouTube, therefore ancient aliens."

I've heard the bogus claim of ancient pyramids on the Kola Peninsula. The idea of processed tungsten there holds about as much water, given no evidence for it.

Harte

edit on 11/7/2016 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There is evidence for it, but still the theory cannot be proved to the satisfaction of skeptics. Mountains of circumstantial evidence, probably direct evidence, but a man with a closed mind sees only what he wants to see.

Same question to you, then.
Where is this stuff you consider to be evidence?

Before (or if) you answer, I'd suggest a search of ATS. The search function here might work well enough for you, but if not use a site-specific Google search like this one:
ATS-specific Google search on ancient alien evidence

If you don't know how to do that, all you have to do is add site:abovetopsecret.com to the end of your search term(s).

Harte

At the very least, what I learned from watching the series is that history as it is taught in western schools is very questionable and inaccurate when it comes to early man's abilities and progress.

For example, considering Pythagoras as our source of so many math principles including Pi, and then discovering that the images and symbols found on Gavrinis Island can be decoded at Pi out to many decimal points, and that the building in which those symbols are found pre-date Pythagoras by centuries or more, is problematical for me.

That's a lie about Gavrinis. That's also a lie about Pythagorus.

The field of anthropology is not responsible for your misconceptions.

Harte

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Just out of curiosity: what's your take on the elongated skulls? Both in Egypt and Mayans?
And plus also the list of the gods and halfgods prior to the Pharaohs?
And how did they transport the stones, which modern cranes can't lift on SAND?
And why the hell are they going around the corners? On which planet does that make sense? How did they plan every single stone to match? And how did they place them?
Who built the sphinx? It's obviously much older! And why can't I find anything about the results from the Mataha expedition?
Would you at least admit that some important parts of Egypts history go back further than the official narrative tells us?

There's only been two elongated skulls ever found in Egypt and neither has a pic on the internet.

They are, of course, the result of head binding practices - which continue to this day among some cultures.

Lists of gods as first rulers are a means of affirming the godly title of king. Where does this title arise from in, say, Great Britain?

There is no stone in any ancient monument that today's cranes "can't lift." Besides, there are other ways of moving a stone up without lifting it straight off the ground.

What makes you think "every single stone" matches?

The sphinx was carved sometime during the fourth dynasty. This is based on stone masonry techniques that were employed on the stones that came out of the enclosure during the carving (most of which went into the temple in front of the sphinx.)

It's possible that they have the dates somewhat wrong. But there's no evidence for any major dating flub.

Harte
edit on 11/7/2016 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Lists of gods as first rulers are a means of affirming the godly title of king. Where does this title arise from in, say, Great Britain?

Either Brutus of Troy or King Bran whose head was buried beneath Tower Hill ..... depending on which fictional mythology you pick

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Aliens can build a dyson sphere but cannot visit earth ?

Why would they visit Earth?

But maybe they did. 100,000 times over the past 100 million years. And every time they discovered no sign of sentient life .....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Either Brutus of Troy or King Bran whose head was buried beneath Tower Hill ..... depending on which fictional mythology you pick

In the pagan world, kings were often seen as either ruling with the backing of heavenly powers or perhaps even being divine beings themselves. However, the Christian notion of a divine right of kings could be traced to the biblical story found in 1 Samuel, where the prophet Samuel anoints Saul and then David as king over Israel. And the anointing is to such an effect that the monarch became inviolable, so that even when Saul sought to kill David, David would not raise his hand against him because 'he was the Lord's anointed'.

Wiki - "Divine Right of Kings"

Similar situation to claiming a divine connection and therefore right to rule.

Harte

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Aliens can build a dyson sphere but cannot visit earth ?

Once again you decide to pretend I have said something I didn't say - in this case that aliens could not have visited Earth.
Given the fact that twice in this thread I clearly stated it was a possibility, readers here must then consider your motive in inventing claims of things I've said which I've certainly never said. In fact, I stated the exact opposite.

Is this how you support your ideas? By pretending a poster has said something he didn't?

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I've heard the bogus claim of ancient pyramids on the Kola Peninsula.The idea of processed tungsten there holds about as much water, given no evidence for it.

You're right I Never saw piramids there cant confirm that nor call it bogus. If however you call it bogus I assume you've been in Kola or it's just 'hear say' your own subjective opinion, Tell me what is known about Kola give me some links. I'll study it and complete it with my side.

edit on 1182016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Why would they visit Earth?

maybe curious about our methane emissions ?

And every time they discovered no sign of sentient life .....

so they left some probes..

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Is this how you support your ideas? By pretending a poster has said something he didn't?

If you see it like that I'm sorry about that. To be honest I don't like you calling things 'bogus'' in an absolute sense. Remember it's allways your opinion we're all humans that don't know it all...

Look i elaborate , I was just questioning the following , If dyson spheres were build than an Ancient civilisation most certainly would explore the universe. If they did so then Ancient contact isn't so far fetched after all.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
yperboreia.org...
yperboreia.org...
yperboreia.org...
yperboreia.org...
yperboreia.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I've heard the bogus claim of ancient pyramids on the Kola Peninsula.The idea of processed tungsten there holds about as much water, given no evidence for it.

You're right I Never saw piramids there cant confirm that nor call it bogus. If however you call it bogus I assume you've been in Kola or it's just 'hear say' your own subjective opinion, Tell me what is known about Kola give me some links. I'll study it and complete it with my side.

Like most of these fantasies, there is nothing to study except one online story that has been copied and pasted onto several websites.
In other words, no evidence.

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

If you see it like that I'm sorry about that. To be honest I don't like you calling things 'bogus'' in an absolute sense. Remember it's allways your opinion we're all humans that don't know it all...

Look i elaborate , I was just questioning the following , If dyson spheres were build than an Ancient civilisation most certainly would explore the universe. If they did so then Ancient contact isn't so far fetched after all.

Where there is no evidence to support a claim, the claim is bogus.
That says nothing about whether or not aliens have actually been to the Earth, in the distant (or recent) past.
No one can legitimately assert ancient alien intervention in the complete absence of evidence. ALL of the evidence presented by those who have made such claims IS bogus (i.e., not real.)
Additionally, there has been no evidence presented that aliens have constructed a Dyson sphere, not that it matters.
Even if aliens built a Dyson sphere, there is still no reason (beyond hubris) to believe that would automatically mean they'd been to Earth.

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
We could trap all the aliens in a giant box and then make them do things we wouldn't do ourselves. That kind of works, i mean, it would be damn entertaining. Now i'm out of fags got to go to store.

brb ats people!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I see...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join