It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
AA is a farce, embarrassing and plain stupid.

almost in any case it is more plausible to just replace the name ´alien´ with´ ghosts´ or ´spiritual´ , ´artwork´and it would become a normal discussion point again..

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

still.
what a surprise.

edit on 3-11-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Might as well ask why all the absurdity.

Maybe just maybe this has to do something with that fact that
Duh... It's ats and it's the ufo and alien forum... not a scientific, forum have some decorum ? lol that rhymes doesn't it

AA is the most accurate explanation for the nazcalines isn't it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Saying there is evidence without presenting any is quite easy, isn't it? But it does nothing for your position.

position ?? Really what does this mean the whole thread is about asking people to reconsider the AAH and making clear that AAH has nothing to do 'ancient aliens the show'. Asking people what they think about the hypothesis. Not about my 'position'.
hmmm being scientific tell me what is in you opinion the posibility of ancientvisitation in the past . Ok we differ opinions I think it's P=0.8 based on my own 'subjective' observations. What is P based based your subjective observations ?

0=impossible ,1=certainly happened
choose a number inbetween ? (remember there are no absolute truths in science so 0-1 are out of the question)
P=?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Actually you were right about it being a documentary. I was a documentary before it became a History Channel show.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: InachMarbank

Is it possible, the solar system, milky way, distant galaxies, and universe, are, quite literally, smoke and mirrors, not actually infinite in physical size, nor as vast in size as commonly thought ?...

hmmm could be who knows.... Somehow I'm more and more inclined to say that the whole solar system is more like a kind of simulation within a higher reality. Indeed just smoke and mirrors made to study humanity. And once in a while our alien friends interact to help us and guide us. Maybe they even did so when our ancestors were building the pyramids...

Yea I kind of lean toward the idea of a simulation too...

But if this is a simulation, does that mean you could be piloting yourself unconsciously from an alternate world?...

That would be something I think...

Hey... Maybe the ancient aliens maintain a bridge between your 2 bodies.... Conscious and unconscious...

Food for thought....

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hey... Maybe the ancient aliens maintain a bridge between your 2 bodies.... Conscious and unconscious...

...Like a sort maintanance crew... Keeping us in the simulated 'Zoo' and helping us to develop. Indeed food for thought... greetings

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

if this is a simulation then who programmed in psychedelics , and why ?

back door code access ?

with the knowledge that this is all a dream state/ simulation , how can we use that knowledge to make this a better simulation for everyone

if we can work that out then anything could work , someone needs to figure out the konami code
edit on 3-11-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Food for thoughts...

f this is a simulation then who programmed in psychedelics , and why ?

maybe just a bug or bad connection between realities.

how can we use that knowledge to make this a better simulation for everyone

maybe with the 100 monkey theory. (maybe if many 'players' want to change the 'simulation' for the better it becomes better: )

if we can work that out then anything could work , someone needs to figure out the konami code

I can't wait for that to happen. perhaps ancient aliens already figured out the 'konami' code'

Greetings..

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Might as well ask why all the absurdity.

Maybe just maybe this has to do something with that fact that
Duh... It's ats and it's the ufo and alien forum... not a scientific, forum have some decorum ? lol that rhymes doesn't it

AA is the most accurate explanation for the nazcalines isn't it ?

Of course it's not.
You are bumping up against the most inane posts on this forum. Keep going and you'll be the new record holder.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Saying there is evidence without presenting any is quite easy, isn't it? But it does nothing for your position.

position ?? Really what does this mean the whole thread is about asking people to reconsider the AAH and making clear that AAH has nothing to do 'ancient aliens the show'. Asking people what they think about the hypothesis. Not about my 'position'.
hmmm being scientific tell me what is in you opinion the posibility of ancientvisitation in the past . Ok we differ opinions I think it's P=0.8 based on my own 'subjective' observations. What is P based based your subjective observations ?

0=impossible ,1=certainly happened
choose a number inbetween ? (remember there are no absolute truths in science so 0-1 are out of the question)
P=?

I teach math for a living. I don't need to be told how to express a probability.

Because there is not one scintilla of evidence for ancient alien visitation, the probability that it happened is vanishingly small, given what we know about physics and the size of the galaxy.

Note that I don't claim it is zero.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Actually, if you accept one premise, everything falls into place and is quite easy to explain. However you must open your minds to the "Many-Worlds" theory ( Many-worlds interpretation ).

This theory show how 'UFO's' can move at incredible speeds without doing things like breaking the sound barrier. How aliens are acclimated to our environment. The Sumerian gods and human experiments. And why disclosure would be an extremely bad thing for the human race.

Let me know if anyone is interested in hearing more (or check my previous posts). Otherwise, have a good day.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingTheWorld
Actually, if you accept one premise, everything falls into place and is quite easy to explain. However you must open your minds to the "Many-Worlds" theory ( Many-worlds interpretation ).
This theory show how 'UFO's' can move at incredible speeds without doing things like breaking the sound barrier. How aliens are acclimated to our environment. The Sumerian gods and human experiments. And why disclosure would be an extremely bad thing for the human race.

The many worlds interpretation says nothing about interstellar (or interdimensional) travel.
I'm familiar with it, as I am with the Copenhagen interpretation.

The sound barrier? Put down the pipe.

And I'd love to see you tie the many worlds interpretation to Sitchin's idiocy about the Annunaki.
Please. Indulge us.

Harte

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I teach math for a living. I don't need to be told how to express a probability.

oh didn't know you're a math teacher.Indeed than you don't sorry.

probability that it happened is vanishingly small,

A probability that is vanishing small... probability is a number isn't it ? how can a number be 'vanishing small'. never heard about that expression in a matimatical context.

Note that I don't claim it is zero.

Indeed,Would be nice if you would give a number and took a stance.... that would make things clear.

Sorry but from my point of you just sit on the sideline and judge with absolute certainty.

Because there is not one scintilla of evidence for ancient alien visitation

mathteacher ? so I'm starting to understand you probably mean with evidence something like P=0.999999 ? and because
if P smallerthan 0.999999 then print('its all bunk');

Well that's a way too look at it I respect your opinion .

given what we know about physics and the size of the galaxy.

with we you mean 'Science' known by the public don't you.
Kinda funny ... asked another teach 'what's the number of dimensions our reality has ?' couldn't say that with p=.99999
Still waiting for the answer. How on earth can size be defined if dimensionality of our universe is still a question.
Physics ?? so many black dark murky matter popping up nowadays in their theories. could be anything me thinks

just a joke

Ask youself : If this were the darkages and this was a thread about numbers you were a math teacher and I would take the root of a negative number wouldn't you call me absurd ...
... Gauss was very open minded.

edit on 1142016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 1142016 by frenchfries because: german translated

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You are bumping up against the most inane posts on this forum. Keep going and you'll be the new record holder.

good one... and yes indeed I will. But I don't care , I care to find the truth.

most insane posts on this forum

Grr.... me angry..

So what's your function on ATS ? Collecting stars and telling people 'NO that's absurd' in all it's variety by using the well known paths of science to back you up.

uh... maththeacher... Well how long would it take to proof Fermat's last theorem if everyone thought it was 'absurd' to proof even Wiles. As you said there is no absolute certainty in science. but using words like 'absurd' 'insanity' 'ludicrous' gives the sense that there is. it's also patronizing (you're not teaching here) ,don't you think that most people (including me) that come up with these ideas 'know' that the idead are 'far fetched' within the current scientific context ?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

The Sumerian gods and human experiments. And why disclosure would be an extremely bad thing for the human race.

it's kinda shock If people find out they're not top of the foodchain.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

probability that it happened is vanishingly small,

A probability that is vanishing small... probability is a number isn't it ? how can a number be 'vanishing small'. never heard about that expression in a matimatical context.

It's not a mathematical term. It is a common phrase in the English language.

so as to be almost nonexistent or invisible

Merriam Webster Dictionary link

Indeed,Would be nice if you would give a number and took a stance.... that would make things clear.

Sorry but from my point of you just sit on the sideline and judge with absolute certainty.

I don't sit on the sideline. I've investigated every claim of ancient visitation evidence I've ever seen. None of them hold any water.

Because there is not one scintilla of evidence for ancient alien visitation

mathteacher ? so I'm starting to understand you probably mean with evidence something like P=0.999999 ? and because
if P smallerthan 0.999999 then print('its all bunk');

Well that's a way too look at it I respect your opinion .

Good. If you want your opinion respected, then you should cite what you consider to be evidence. What is it that makes you place your probability at 80%?

given what we know about physics and the size of the galaxy.

with we you mean 'Science' known by the public don't you.
Kinda funny ... asked another teach 'what's the number of dimensions our reality has ?' couldn't say that with p=.99999
Still waiting for the answer. How on earth can size be defined if dimensionality of our universe is still a question.
Physics ?? so many black dark murky matter popping up nowadays in their theories. could be anything me thinks

Now it is you on the sidelines judging. It would seem you know very little about Physics, yet you don't hesitate to criticize the field.

originally posted by: frenchfriesAsk youself : If this were the darkages and this was a thread about numbers you were a math teacher and I would take the root of a negative number wouldn't you call me absurd ...
... Gauss was very open minded.

Imaginary numbers were first conceived by Heron of Alexandria (aka Hero,) the same guy that invented the little toy steam engine (the aeolipile) around 50 A.D.

Now, in the Dark Ages, you could assert many truths and be called absurd. What has this to do with your assertion of ancient alien visitation?

If evidence is ever found, then obviously anyone's estimation of probability for the event would increase. But, since you decline to cite any evidence, while proposing 80% certainty, then your comments concerning this are useless and empty.

Harte

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

while proposing 80% certainty, then your comments concerning this are use.. .

So why do you assume there is a small chance (5%) that the ancient alien hypothesis is true ?

I for myself have proof that the ancient alien theory needs to be examined in great detail in order to uncover the true history of humanity.
Even if archelogists like you who have incomplete knowledge about the subject deny that fact. Anyways thank for accepting at least the possibility of an Ancient Visitation.

edit on 1142016 by frenchfries because: CONFACIMUS maximus

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ancient civilizations had some impressive engineering
i wonder why it took so long to invent the bicycle ?

just slipped Archimedes by..

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

while proposing 80% certainty, then your comments concerning this are use.. .

So why do you assume there is a small chance (5%) that the ancient alien hypothesis is true ?

I for myself have proof that the ancient alien theory needs to be examined in great detail in order to uncover the true history of humanity.
Even if archelogists like you who have incomplete knowledge about the subject deny that fact. Anyways thank for accepting at least the possibility of an Ancient Visitation.

Is there an actual translation for this ?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join