It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Another group of snake oil sales persons milking the faithful for cash and ratings. Keep fantasy with fantasy and science with science.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Yeah I shot myself in the foot with that. Just scratch it.

What I believe how we should look at it is taking the myths into account, the flood is in there, so at least it's not a bad clue if a story is in "the book". Just from a standpoint where it's apparent there is some kind of religious evolution, stories develop, get adapted, integrated, amun still present in amen...

We are distracted nowadays, we watch TV, smartphone games, chats, we barely are alone with our mind. Because we can agree on they must have been doing something right # is #ing impressive.
And it really really really bothers me I don't get to know what they found in the labyrinth. Myths say what they always say, the fate of the world stands written there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Another group of snake oil sales persons milking the faithful for cash and ratings. Keep fantasy with fantasy and science with science.

Indeed , I was fooled should have investigated further. for me the case is closed there are no aliens it's bogus. the whole theory of ancient aliens is bogus . However I do respect people if they want to believe.
Case Closed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Oh frenchy *hugs
I think it's also noteworthy we do even in a best case scenario "know" stuff from looking at shards. How much do your plates really tell about you, your life, your hopes, dreams, thoughts...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

How much do your plates really tell about you, your life, your hopes, dreams, thoughts...

I'dont know , I really dont know. But it's rather personal , I started to trust people in real live (even went to kola with them). Phoned them made some inquiris .But hey long story, Harte was right. They are imposters started to believe fairytales... So for me it's case closed. AAH or not anyone may believe what they want , I'm cured I wont post any stuff in this forum again UFO and Aliens it's all a fairytale.

Case Closed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It's not just different. Alien means literally strange and there is a lot to discover.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Alien means literally strange and there is a lot to discover

Alien translated in German means 'out of this earth' well that is how I interpreted it.

You're right ... I hope for you discover the truth (whatever).

Greetings

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Indeed you're right AAH is a all a HOAX
case closed ...

I see you never get tired of pretending posters said something they didn't say.
That is the straw man fallacy and is typically used when there is no logical argument to make.

No the hypothesis is not a hoax.
The so-called "evidence" is bogus.
AAH is just an hypothesis with no evidence base.

Harte
edit on 11/11/2016 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Yeah I shot myself in the foot with that. Just scratch it.

What I believe how we should look at it is taking the myths into account, the flood is in there, so at least it's not a bad clue if a story is in "the book". Just from a standpoint where it's apparent there is some kind of religious evolution, stories develop, get adapted, integrated, amun still present in amen...

We are distracted nowadays, we watch TV, smartphone games, chats, we barely are alone with our mind. Because we can agree on they must have been doing something right # is #ing impressive.
And it really really really bothers me I don't get to know what they found in the labyrinth. Myths say what they always say, the fate of the world stands written there.

If you mean the Labyrinth in Egypt, it hasn't been found yet.
Not that they've found the one from Greek legend (Crete) either.

Harte

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Oh frenchy *hugs
I think it's also noteworthy we do even in a best case scenario "know" stuff from looking at shards. How much do your plates really tell about you, your life, your hopes, dreams, thoughts...

These are examples of things we can never know concerning preliterate cultures. But we can infer from our own "life... hopes... dreams" somewhat because we are the same people they were.

Harte

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I see you never get tired of pretending posters said something they didn't say. That is the straw man fallacy and is typically used when there is no logical argument to make.

Look Guy BE NICE !, You opened my eyes thanks for that.. I said 'AAH is a hoax'. I didn't said you said that! I'm not pretending posters or so. I made inquiris as you said. I was fooled there is no 'evidence' and there will never be 'evidence'. Because archeologists and science do not investigate the matter is 'AAH might as well be an hoax'. because only hoaxers investigate the matter.

PEACE.

ps Don't call me strawman again.
CASE CLOSED!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Pretty sure our life is different. How could you tell what it's like in a world where spoken stories are the only entertainment?
Where most of the time you do physical work in silence.
The story teller, priest who visits your village once a week is the only source of inspiration.
People are less civilised. It's dirty. Everybody is doing magic.
I couldn't tell what that state of mind implies. Various things, I assume.
But "same" is not true. Compared to whom?

Just noticed, kind of like asking: what crazy nuts do you know?

edit on 11-11-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

It seems in theory, it would take the energy output equivalent to our Sun's to put a modest size vessel into a warp field. Or is it hyperdrive? Or ludicrous speed? I forget?

you do understand that your response is pure theory.... but why use an oldfashion warpfield ?

Somewere in an undisclose location of this galaxy aliens solved the problem by changing lightspeed... well they still travel at sublight speed but locally C is much much higher... duh einstein never told us why C was a constant... and no-one seems to care

back to Ancient aliens , well you don't need that much energy to travel (physics) without a force applied to an object there is no accelleration so... you only need energy to accelerate F=m*a... if you travel to Proxima-b cbs news ... it would take 40 years or more so even with human limited tech traveling to the stars is no-problemo...

Traveling to A star. And that would still not be "not a problem" because thus far you only took travel speed into consideration. How about actually managing to get there in one piece?
And back again. So all in all it would take us minimum of 80 years too travel to and back from just 1 star. The first next star would be even further away. Now lets move on to the goal of traveling to a planet of which we think there might, potentially, maybe , life. Which is even further away. thee time we done all that and with 100% success which is extremely doubtful we will be centuries further along and the tech we send out already at least a hundred years old.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

If all there is were our current state of the arts in physics. Bending spacetime.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think some of their stuff is trash and some is great.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Pretty sure our life is different. How could you tell what it's like in a world where spoken stories are the only entertainment?
Where most of the time you do physical work in silence.

Same question - how can you say people worked in silence?
What I meant was, it's safe to assume that ancient people, as human beings (just like us,) had hopes and dreams similar to those we all have.
Maybe back then the drama wasn't on social media or television, but you can bet there was drama over gossip just like today.
And everyone has hopes of doing better.

originally posted by: PeepleThe story teller, priest who visits your village once a week is the only source of inspiration.
People are less civilised. It's dirty. Everybody is doing magic.
I couldn't tell what that state of mind implies. Various things, I assume.
But "same" is not true. Compared to whom?

Compared to us, in the area of hopes and dreams. Sure, the hopes weren't "get an engineering degree and design circuits." They were more like "find a way to more easily collect water" or "have a good harvest this year" or "build a bigger and better hut" or whatever.
Doubtful that storytellers traveled from village to village. Most people were nomads if you go back far enough. Any group living permanently at a site would have their own entertainers.

Not saying that some weren't more entertaining than others. These more entertaining ones would be feature acts at clan gatherings and such. There's another hope - "next gathering I hope I tell a better story than Og from the village down river."

Harte

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

It seems in theory, it would take the energy output equivalent to our Sun's to put a modest size vessel into a warp field. Or is it hyperdrive? Or ludicrous speed? I forget?

you do understand that your response is pure theory.... but why use an oldfashion warpfield ?

Somewere in an undisclose location of this galaxy aliens solved the problem by changing lightspeed... well they still travel at sublight speed but locally C is much much higher... duh einstein never told us why C was a constant... and no-one seems to care

back to Ancient aliens , well you don't need that much energy to travel (physics) without a force applied to an object there is no accelleration so... you only need energy to accelerate F=m*a... if you travel to Proxima-b cbs news ... it would take 40 years or more so even with human limited tech traveling to the stars is no-problemo...

Traveling to A star. And that would still not be "not a problem" because thus far you only took travel speed into consideration. How about actually managing to get there in one piece?
And back again. So all in all it would take us minimum of 80 years too travel to and back from just 1 star. The first next star would be even further away. Now lets move on to the goal of traveling to a planet of which we think there might, potentially, maybe , life. Which is even further away. thee time we done all that and with 100% success which is extremely doubtful we will be centuries further along and the tech we send out already at least a hundred years old.

It would take 1500 Earth years to visit half the stars in the Milky way even if you could travel instantly (no time at all) from star to star. And then you would only have one second at each star before you had to move on.
And that's using the lowest estimate of stars in the galaxy - 100 billion.

Of course, that's just one ship. Divide that number by the number of interstellar "instantaneous travel" ships that might be coordinated to fully explore half the galaxy.
And multiply the number by the number of seconds you think an explorer would take at each star.

Harte
edit on 11/11/2016 by Harte because: (must be filled out)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

It would take 1500 Earth years to visit half the stars in the Milky way even if you could travel instantly (no time at all) from star to star. And then you would only have one second at each star before you had to move on.

Of course, that's just one ship. Divide that number by the number of interstellar "instantaneous travel" ships that might be coordinated to fully explore half the galaxy.
And multiply the number by the number of seconds you think an explorer would take at each star.

Harte

Oh yeah, what if our FTL drive had a built-in time travel component? What do you say about that!
edit on 11-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Oh yeah, what if our FTL drive had a built-in time travel component? What do you say about that!

How about an improbability drive and a heart of gold?

How many works of fiction are pumped out each year? In how many different medias? We live in a time where almost any fantasy can be digitized. People are embracing a world where the masses can become a virtual jet pilot, or a virtual supermen. Fantasy has always been apart of who we are. But people are ignoring the scientific method and physical world, and embracing a world of digital fantasy. Ancient Aliens is a synthesis where we want fantasy to be science based on nothing more than a belief system. Its said, so it must be true.......

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Another thought. Modern electricity engineers and computer scientists are spoiled by the silicone chip digital age.

They even say the hard wired logic and hard wired memory of the moon landers and pong would be very hard for people in the microchip age to recreate and troubleshoot.

edit on 11-11-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join