It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
No the hypothesis is not a hoax.
The so-called "evidence" is bogus.
AAH is just an hypothesis with no evidence base.

Quite so. There's nothing wrong with the hypothesis other than it being very vague. If there are aliens out there, if they're anything at all like us then they might be motivated to visit humans on Earth and possibly guide us in some way they think is "better."

Unfortunately, looking at an old carving and seeing something that looks like a flying saucer (therefore that's what it is) is not a good way to conduct a valid scientific study. Archeology may turn up a legitimate anachronistic artifact someday. On the Moon, maybe. Running batches of DNA scans through some pattern recognition software may turn up a concealed message. But old myths carved into rocks really isn't very good evidence.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have a hobby, and investigate the ancient alien notion. We're curious. Why else are we here? But it would be nice if people did more positive research instead of just confirming their bias with questionable evidence.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I guess it doesn't hurt to have a hobby, and investigate the ancient alien notion. We're curious. Why else are we here?

It's certainly what brought me here.
I've been looking into it since well before 1980. But way back then it was a much slower process and more fraught with error.

I've come from one end of the spectrum to the other in that time.

Harte

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Ufology could have been a true and noble grass roots movement of truth seekers. But Ufology wanting to embrace every possibility, and not establish some sort of oversight, quickly filled with conman seeking to make a quick buck.

I wish people would study and take note of two items.

One, Houdini vs Medium Mina Crandon
Two, Cottingley Fairies and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Frances said: "I never even thought of it as being a fraud – it was just Elsie and I having a bit of fun and I can't understand to this day why they were taken in – they wanted to be taken in."

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Or claim science believed mars was void of water.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

I agree...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: Harte

I must say I am so impressed to finally meet The Source Of Truth, right here on the internet.

Straw man. And a lame one at that.
I am A source for facts. I make no claim of truth.
If I've offended your sensibilities, why don't you provide a piece of evidence that you consider me to have called bogus that you believe is not.
I mean, it's a cinch frenchfries ain't gonna do it.

Harte

Ultimately it boils down to "we agree to disagree".

That is, you think AA theory is invalid, I think it's valid.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Based on what science? Based on what verifiable evidence?

How about just putting forth one absolutely positively no crap ancient alien proof of visitation?
edit on 13-11-2016 by neutronflux because: Did like my try at a sukest

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

With which you very elegantly missed the point, to think invisible ships are responsible for the course of the sun is a very weird mindset from at least my modern perspective.

source
No problem for you to live in a world like that? To imagine what it's like if this stuff is your reality?
But aah is... hm.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

You take some orange juice and same brandy marinade them for 24h (remember , their ancient !).
Next , you roast then on a low fire until they're almost crisp.
Lastly , stick them on a stick , put same fried inions on them , and you're done !

edit on 13-11-2016 by dude1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

With which you very elegantly missed the point, to think invisible ships are responsible for the course of the sun is a very weird mindset from at least my modern perspective.

Of course it's not congruent with most modern mindsets. It's an ancient mindset.
But that doesn't make people then different from people now. We have people today believing weirder stuff than that. They're still "us."

originally posted by: Peeple
No problem for you to live in a world like that? To imagine what it's like if this stuff is your reality?

Sure, I'd have a problem with it. But I'd still be me and I'd remain like I am.

My point is that people are no different today than they were then. Obviously, the knowledge base is larger now, but that doesn't keep people from being people.

Harte
edit on 11/13/2016 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ancient aliens is an idiotic show invented by British and EU imperialists to pretend that humans never actually built those architecture marvels such as the pyramids. The British and the EU want to inculcate the idea that mankind is not capable of such achievements, and should not try to emulate such successful infrastructure construction policies.

That of course is the exact policy of western nazi elites.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
There is also the Concept of " Generational Starships that Travel through Space over Vast periods of Time renewing their Crews through Breeding.

Like we're doing on Earth, over many thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How about just putting forth one absolutely positively no crap ancient alien proof of visitation?

Many things that apparently you are incapable of perceiving. After all that's been said and done, all that's been shown, if you are still unable to understand, you never will.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Many things that apparently you are incapable of perceiving. After all that's been said and done, all that's been shown, if you are still unable to understand, you never will.

I see.
So it's confirmed - there's no evidence at all.

Harte

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
One problem with the ancient aliens stuff is there was a lot of lying and fabricated information which was debunked very thoroughly.

All you have to do is search and you can find some videos by art historians who point out all of the ufo "crafts" in the old religious paintings are angels, a common practice in early Christian paintings. Another thing was some old Sumerian figure that looked like an airplane but the historian showed what the actual art looked like and it was not like a plane at all but a common fertility symbol.

I remember seeing a few different videos that exposed so many lies with actual historical explanations and pictures and that ended that.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I see.

Harte

It's not really that simple.

The reality is that individual humans have individual skills and abilities, both physical and mental. Some are born with defective organs, limbs or other parts of the anatomy, while others are not.

So too, some humans are more perceptive than others. Some are more perceptive than others, just as some are color blind and some are not.

As to AA, some are able to perceive the evidence, and some are not. Some are curious, others not, and some are threatened by the idea of aliens while others are not.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I see.

Harte

It's not really that simple.

The reality is that individual humans have individual skills and abilities, both physical and mental. Some are born with defective organs, limbs or other parts of the anatomy, while others are not.

So too, some humans are more perceptive than others. Some are more perceptive than others, just as some are color blind and some are not.

As to AA, some are able to perceive the evidence, and some are not. Some are curious, others not, and some are threatened by the idea of aliens while others are not.

Some prefer a magical sparkly world view to reality.
Others do not.

Harte

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Ancient aliens is an idiotic show invented by British and EU imperialists to pretend that humans never actually built those architecture marvels such as the pyramids. The British and the EU want to inculcate the idea that mankind is not capable of such achievements, and should not try to emulate such successful infrastructure construction policies.

That of course is the exact policy of western nazi elites.

They do that because those constructions of old cannot be reproduced today, even with all the high technology of today.

No so sure that makes them western nazis though.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Exactly right! Some may not fully appreciate the size of the cosmos, and actually believe we are the only critters in it.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Some people like to expand their consciousness, the doors of perception being opened others do not!

there is more than meets the eye

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join