It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son was just kicked off his school bus for 10 days

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Ask the school to put in writing the reasoning behind their decision if they haven't already.

Upload...

Let the power of the internet take care of the rest.

I agree. This is the swift way of getting this out. People are awake and not this school will be flooded with communication from their employer group, the people!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Fools

Of course it needs to be known that earlier in the year he told some girl that she had werewolf arms and got kicked off the bus for that as well.
He has ADHD pretty bad and sometimes his filter does not exist.

So maybe the 'problem' lies closer to home?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I got suspended for showing my mates my dad's British boobies mag.
I even caught my PE teacher taking it home in his back pocket....
No one should be banned admiring boobies or bikinis.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Um. First, how old is your son? Is his bus driver male or female? Also, did he get in trouble because the kids told on him or because the bus driver over heard?

Showing the bikini girl shouldn't matter. Sounds like that Muslim kid just felt guilty for looking at it. And 10 days definitely seems like a bit much over something like that when most boys are sneaking of with playboys.

But that werewolf arm one made me laugh out loud. She HAD to have told on him, huh? I just don't understand kicking a kid off the bus over that.. Kids are the best at being brutally honest. It's takes us all a minute to realize that the truth hurts and sometimes it's best to just leave certain things left unsaid.

If I were in your shoes, though, I wouldn't put up with this #. I'd go straight to the person who supervises over the bus barn and let them know first about his ADHD, especially if he takes medication, and second for it seems like your son is being singled out over ridiculous school yard BS. They should have separated him, made him sit in the front right behind the driver, before kicking him off.

Honestly, sounds to me like the driver just didn't particularly like your son and looks for any reason to kick him off

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Is the school actually behind bus related suspensions or is it the bus barn? I'm pretty sure they're separate. At least, where I live they are...

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think the whole story is a lie to create racial tension.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

You think the person who started this thread made it up to create racial tension?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Some possibilities come to mind.
There are innocent pictures of girls in bikinis and not so innocent pictures of girls in bikinis. If the photo was clearly meant to be provocative, that could be considered sexual harassment.

If the motivation behind your son showing her this photo was her religion, that is also a problem. Schools can get wierd about that. It's a P.R. issue.

Due to the excessive nature of the punishment, there has to be more behind it. Most likley due to chronic issues and the bus driver was just fed up. You say your son doesn't have a filter, but given the previous issue, he might have a tendency to be a bully. Something that no parent wants to hear, I know. Of course your son might be being bullied by the bus driver, we just don't know. Either way I would still adress it with the principle.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

You are incorrect. My son's best friend is not only muslim, but he is also black. He did it because he doesn't understand what kind of young man doesn't enjoy looking at attractive women. Apparently his best friend has no issue with that as I have caught both of them looking at pictures of attractive women.

I have caught both of them doing ignorant little boy sh*t for the past 8 or so years. Not that any of this matters to someone like you. Seeing ulterior motives in every thing around you. Must suck to be that paranoid.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Good for your son! Kids will be kids!

With that being said do not let anyone judge you for the ADHD part. I'm 31 and ADHD has been a real issue in my life. It can turn into bigger issues that just have not presented itself yet. I still went on to serve my country as a combat medic and community as a paramedic. People will always clash over what they consider "GOD". My advice is make sure to enjoy the next 10 days, stop and feed him a good breakfast on the way, and educate him on "time and place". The sooner he learns about cry babies the better off he will be. Please pat him on the back for me! Cheers!
edit on 29-10-2016 by CtonH because: Fat finger typing

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
ADHD is not a virus that you are positive or negative for. I believe there's no ADHD but issues. Like too much of meat / hormones in the meat, sugar, parasites etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
" This instance was that he and several other boys were picking at this particular boy, who is muslim, and some girls were "offended" by it and told on my son and the other boys. He has been in trouble for other incidents. He got in trouble for them as well. I am just personally weirded out that the school system cares so much these days about what children are saying. It could have the exact opposite result than they intend.
In other words, nitpicking words and what people can and can't say will not make children understand the issue in any good way. Instead it will probably just build resentment. "

Why does everyone keep skipping right past what the op wrote here? Or does it just not matter much that they admitted their son was picking at the other child ?

edit on 30-10-2016 by OldScratch because: Spell Check

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Fools it sounds like your son wouldn't have ever shown that picture to a non Muslim because it wasn't just to share his favorite bikini model. You said the Muslim boy was getting bullied and this was your sons part. That sounds like his intent was to hurt the boy by purposely making him see something your son knew he wasn't supposed to see.

Now as ridiculous as all of that is, your son didn't get banned from the bus for a picture but for picking on the Muslim kid. I don't blame you, I can't even get mad at your son really, but I think pretending that you dont understand this or know what it's really about is dishonest at best.

Truth is there is a lot to this story that you just don't know. You don't know what kind of situation the Muslim boy is in, don't know his history at school, don't know if this has been an ongoing thing, etc.

I think both of you should take the poison not because I agree with it or want to punish you guys but because in today's climate he actually got off pretty easy. Hopefully he learns his lesson, whatever that may be.

I am not apologizing or defending anyone but just trying to point out that you and in return we don't know the full story or history and maybe if you and we did this entire thread would be different.

On a side note, I would recommend pointing out to your son that chicks with brown skin are pretty hot, and usually the ugly duckling can turn into the beautiful swan, and that sticking up for kids getting picked on will always get him more tail in the long run rather than joining in.

Source: I married a brown girl.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

ADHD is the usual excuse used by lazy parents who don't know how to educate their children. Children are not hyperactive or some other BS like this, they are just badly raised.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
Apple pie is bad.

Mmmmmm. Apple pie. Speaking of. Holidays are here. Who's ready to gain 10 pounds of holiday cheer?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If our snowflake government had its way, we will outlaw anything chaotic/Christian and force Islam down the throats of Americans. THEY won't be made to assimilate (just like hispanics) WE will be forced to adapt to their laws and beliefs. Oddly those same snowflake American love homosexuals and all their rights. Interesting to see what happens in that clash.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
When your kid goes back on the bus...equip him with a pic of a nude woman....may get him banned from life from the bus......but he's gonna get the Muslim kid kicked out of heaven....lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Boys will be boys.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

My bus driver in grade school was this old Mexican lady. She wore bright red lipstick and if you made her mad you had to come to the front of the bus where she would give you a big kiss on the side of the cheek. It certainly kept us in line.

Your kids a pain, and gets in trouble more because he's a raw nerve. If it make you feel any better, i was a pain, too. I got kicked off the bus for being a boogersnot.

Don't be so outraged. What he did was disrespectful, and was bullying. The punishment is just, and it might help him learn lessons that keep his teeth in place longer as he grows older. Growing up is all about learning to human. Some of us have a harder go at it. i can totally relate.

Your above quote....hilarious. If i didn't know better i'd swear I know this lady. LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Let me run it down for you. My kid gets in trouble frequently at school for saying things to people. Usually they are accurate but inappropriate. He has ADHD. That is not an excuse, but he really doesn't seem to stop himself from saying inappropriate things. He is still very childish.
This instance was that he and several other boys were picking at this particular boy, who is muslim, and some girls were "offended" by it and told on my son and the other boys. He has been in trouble for other incidents. He got in trouble for them as well. I am just personally weirded out that the school system cares so much these days about what children are saying. It could have the exact opposite result than they intend.
In other words, nitpicking words and what people can and can't say will not make children understand the issue in any good way. Instead it will probably just build resentment.

OP, while I understand your frustration, I think if you look at the first post, then this, you will see why your argument of frustration is being picked apart piece by piece.

In the OP, you pointed out one thing...that your son was removed for 10 days due to showing a bikini shot to a Muslim child. If that truly was the only relevant piece and the end of the story, I think that most members would have likely walked away or said, "well that's BS." I would have agreed.

But as pointed out over and over, there was a general feeling that there was more to the story. I think one member thought it was an outright lie, which I don't agree with. I think the story is exactly what you said, but tainted by the understandable bias towards your own son.

Then 3 pages later, you reveal that he has been in trouble at school multiple times for saying inappropriate things to kids. However, you label them "accurate" and that's really disturbing. So this kid had hairy arms, and you seem to be ok with an insult hurled at her because it was accurate.

Then you reveal that these kids, your son included, have been picking at this boy and he had a part in it. You go on to put in quotes the word offended by the girls on the bus. This is an immediate and clear message that you are protecting your child, again understandable, by basically saying that despite other children finding the bullying wildly inappropriate, you don't care because he's your son.

This sounds to me like you are doing what most parents do...covering for him. I'm not saying the next time he swears he should be banned for life and imprisoned. What I am saying is that it sounds like the school took a progressive approach and finally removed him for some time due to mounting inappropriate behavior. That is what you do with a child, especially one who has ADHD. You progress up the consequence chain in hopes of instilling structure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join