It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son was just kicked off his school bus for 10 days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Let this sink in. My son was just kicked off his school bus for 10 days for showing a picture of a girl in a bikini to a muslim kid. So, I will be driving him to school for the next 10 school days because of someones religious belief that looking at womens skin is a sin or something.

Great job America!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Of course it needs to be known that earlier in the year he told some girl that she had werewolf arms and got kicked off the bus for that as well.
He has ADHD pretty bad and sometimes his filter does not exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who are they really punishing here? Seems more like the parents...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Werewolf arms cracked me up.
Seems a bit of an overreaction to me on both counts.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Yeah, hyperactive boys are a handful and frustrating, but sometimes they come up with pure comedy gold.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ask the school to put in writing the reasoning behind their decision if they haven't already.

Upload...

Let the power of the internet take care of the rest.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wait ... is there some reason beyond offending the Muslim why he isn't allowed to show the picture of the girl in the bikini? Last I checked all kinds of things potentially offensive to Christians are done all day and we are simply expected to tolerate it.

My understanding was that if you want your religious beliefs to be respected by everyone around you, you pay for a private school that follows the tenets of your faith.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Heterosexuality is bad. White people are bad. Christianity is bad. Bikinis are bad. Apple pie is bad. Anything normal is bad.

Good for your kid to do that. I would shake the cage so effing hard if I was still in school.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Ask the school to put in writing the reasoning behind their decision if they haven't already.

Upload...

Let the power of the internet take care of the rest.

This. It will go viral. I hope you wont mind the positive (mostly) attention you would receive.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I used to hold a management position in a retail electronics company and began receiving complaints from customers and employees about a worker who was emitting a very strong (and foul) body odor. Human resources became involved and the result was that we were told to tolerate this because it was part of the worker's religious practices to not bathe for a duration (10 days or 2 weeks?).

Really? A bikini is offensive? Werewolf arms is offensive? I suspect that the number of children that would TRULY be offended by either of these things is in a very small minority. Teaching children that all they have to do is complain to get somebody in trouble has it's own set of problems. I was kicked out of school because some kids put an 'offensive' note that they signed with my name in a girl's backpack. They didn't even listen to my parents who pointed out that the handwriting was nothing like mine and the crude drawings were nothing like my fairly developed artistic abilities.

Your kid sounds cool, enjoy the extra time you get to spend with him.
edit on 10282016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

ADHD is a BS excuse for kids who have no discipline in their lives.

But with that being said, being kicked off a bus for 10 days for showing someone a picture of a girl in a bikini is madness.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

ADHD is a BS excuse for kids who have no discipline in their lives.

But with that being said, being kicked off a bus for 10 days for showing someone a picture of a girl in a bikini is madness.

Yes and no. There are plenty of misgiagnosed kids running around.

But there are also kids who verifiably do have issues with their ability to pay attention. I've seen and worked with them. Some are real spazzes who cannot control their bodies no matter what they're doing, and others are so still and quiet you'd never suspect that they can't pay attention to things until you try to work with them and then realize they're literally getting lost inside their own minds.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Did not excuse him for it because of ADHD. Just saying he has no filter. He gets in trouble at home for whatever he does that is unacceptable to our rules.

I myself used to have a similar problem when I was young with my mouth but it never got me in any trouble. I was just scolded or whatnot.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Geez.

When i was a kid, and a fight broke out on the bus, our driver would stop so he could watch and commentate.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Let this sink in. My son was just kicked off his school bus for 10 days for showing a picture of a girl in a bikini to a muslim kid. So, I will be driving him to school for the next 10 school days because of someones religious belief that looking at womens skin is a sin or something.

Great job America!

So the reason was that the photo was offensive because of the muslim kids beliefs? I'd be offended that they were offended. If your son's intention was just to gawk at a half naked girl, but not to offend the child, than the reasoning behind the ten day thing is wrong. I'm not racist, and I am highly tolerant of others beliefs..but by the same token, I expect the same. Were you the parent offended that your kid was looking at girls in bikinis? Would you be offended if the muslim child shared something of their culture with your child? I cannot understand or tolerate creating rules for only one side, and discarding the other.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is he allowed to have sexy pictures of scantily clad women at school/on the bus? Or are they prohibited?

link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I was kicked out of school because some kids put an 'offensive' note that they signed with my name in a girl's backpack. They didn't even listen to my parents who pointed out that the handwriting was nothing like mine

wow, almost a similar story for me. Sorry off topic but a kid came to school and claimed I slipped him a note to back off from a girl we both liked and signed my name to it. I was ganged up on for it until the teacher/principle took the note and asked for both our spelling books. Later he comes back, hands me my book and takes the kid into the office and gave him the strap. I remember him coming back to his desk balling away. Me feeling vindicated.

Ah, the good ole days

link   
Was the offended child a friend of your son?

Was the offended child the only child that saw the picture?

Was the offended child the only one that was offended?

Did your son know that the child would find the picture offensive?

How did they find out that your son showed the child the picture of a girl in a bikini?

Was the bikini clad girl someone you son knows?

Stopping here because my questions would fill a notebook. I know children well enough to know that we don't have enough information to make a decision on what actually happened and if your son is being unfairly punished.

My nephew is ADD and borderline Aspergers. He is 9 years old. I have a 46 year friend with Aspergers. I completely get the filter thing, but neither gets a pass when there behavior is offensive or inappropriate.

I admit it is a constant challenge but most people with Aspergers are pretty smart and learn to control their filters when held accountable.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We have half the story here. Sounds to me like the kid has behavioral issues by being disruptive and disrespectful, and the school is using progressive discipline to try to get the kid to change. Meanwhile his parent is using his status as ADHD, a convenient modern label unheard of a few short years ago, as an excuse to explain his behavior. Perhaps Dad and Mom should concentrate on strengthening he kid's "filters" instead of continuing to enable the kid's behavior. All the kid sees is Mom and Dad being angry at the school. He has no incentive to change his behavior. When people come onto a forum like this to complain you can bet they will leave out any details that do not bolster their case and accentuate those that do. All they want is positive re enforcement and acknowledgement that they are justified in their actions. They're not really interested in fixing the problem. Responders fall right into the trap and say, "Oh, poor baby!" thus encouraging the complainer to remain antagonistic instead of become pro-active in finding a solution. Once this kid reaches high school he's going to be a real handful, but Mom & Dad will continue to blame the schools instead of their own lack of parenting skills. Good job, America, indeed. Blame others rather than take responsibility.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

My bus driver in grade school was this old Mexican lady. She wore bright red lipstick and if you made her mad you had to come to the front of the bus where she would give you a big kiss on the side of the cheek. It certainly kept us in line.

I think this isn't as much the principals fault as it is how this generation is taught that virtually anything is bullying and then nearly every little girl on the bus will tell on any boy about anything they consider bullying.

Also I believe there were a couple of boys giving this kid a hard time and showing the bikini pic was my boys part of it. Still though, after the werewolf arms issue and now this, I am sort of thinking this countries educational system has gone nuts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join