It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Berkeley SJWS Build Human Wall to BLock White Students from Campus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Metallicus

So you didn't get in I guess. Sorry you're still mad. It has a very low acceptance rate and you have to perform very well to be considered. Maybe in your next life you won't be so mad at college, an anger which seems to expose itself quite often in your posts. If you didn't make it then you know it was because you couldn't compete with people who performed better than you. Don't be mad though. The world needs generic business people and construction workers too. Leave the medicine, science, and engineering to the rest of us who want to make a difference in the world.

Many schools have much lower acceptance rates than UC Berkeley. Too bad you had to settle for Berkeley and are still angry you didn't get in to MIT or Cal Tech. Don't be mad, though, you can always work on your Broke down Chevy.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
a reply to: swanne

Divided we fall yes but these people clearly show no interest in standing with certain people just based off their race and thats where I draw the line. If your up in my face not allowing me to travel freely because of the color of my skin your getting KTFO. End of story.

If they were just protesting and letting everyone through then im all for it. You can cry about oppression then oppress people well you can but it just makes you an idiot like these people.
I agree. I believe in social justice, but I draw the line at discrimination against white people, verbal or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: KawRider9

And I agree! I'm just saying that we have to be the change we want to see. They use bullying. Let's make sure we don't.

So much rage on this thread. But rage is what made these students act as they do.

I get what you are saying. However, a growing number of even liberals like myself are becoming resentful at the extremes of sjws, specifically anti white statements or actions

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
UC Berkeley SJWS Build Human Wall to BLock White Students from Campus
'
Just goes to show how IDIOTIC UC Berkley students are.

Blocking LEGAL,tuition paying students.

Whatever false equivalency they were trying to draw attention to.

Epically fails.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Man, white people have to suffered a lot these days! Human chains to prevent them from going to class? The outrage!!!

Meanwhile, blacks and Hispanics were targeted the most in unusually high numbers during NYC's stop and frisk era which Trump wants to bring back nation wide but most definitely in any area he considers a ghetto.

Btw, I detest your source.

Black men are 6% of the country, yet commit over half the violent crime. Oh those poor babies. Black tears!

It's down right sad how racists like you have taken one time allies like me and made us a diametrically opposed enemy.

Real question: were you really an ally or social justice person?

I'm not being skeptical. I'm an ally, and liberal, but sjws and identity politics people are beginning to really turn me off. I'm really interested in this emergent push back. I know several other liberal friends who feel the same.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

So you didn't get in I guess. Sorry you're still mad. It has a very low acceptance rate and you have to perform very well to be considered. Maybe in your next life you won't be so mad at college, an anger which seems to expose itself quite often in your posts. If you didn't make it then you know it was because you couldn't compete with people who performed better than you. Don't be mad though. The world needs generic business people and construction workers too. Leave the medicine, science, and engineering to the rest of us who want to make a difference in the world.

Many schools have much lower acceptance rates than UC Berkeley. Too bad you had to settle for Berkeley and are still angry you didn't get in to MIT or Cal Tech. Don't be mad, though, you can always work on your Broke down Chevy.
Uc Berkeley is literally one of the best public schools in the world. colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com... .. Don't put it down because there are a few stupid students. That happens everywhere. Cal tech is only better for some science. Overall, Berkeley is up there with many ivy leagues.
edit on 28-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Uc Berkeley is literally one of the best public schools in the world. colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com... .. Don't put it down because there are a few stupid students. That happens everywhere. Cal tech is only better for some science. Overall, Berkeley is up there with many ivy leagues.

I have no animosity toward Berkeley. Brokedown Chevy was being arrogant and I thought he needed a dose of reality.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Things like this make me pray for an uncontrolled reset.

edit on 10 28 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

There is obviously a large contingent of students, of all colors, being forced to cross that creek. Yet all anyone is complaining about is white kids. Even the title just mentions white kids.

News flash. They are being dicks to just about every color we have to offer, not just white kids.

Who says the minorities crossing the creek were forced to?

Do you think all minorities hate white people?

What would you have done?

Would you have crossed the bridge if they allowed you to, or would you have gone around with the white kids?

edit on 29-10-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I have no animosity toward Berkeley. Brokedown Chevy was being arrogant and I thought he needed a dose of reality.

Ah okay.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Don't be mad though. The world needs generic business people and construction workers too. Leave the medicine, science, and engineering to the rest of us who want to make a difference in the world.

You do realize that without the "Generic Business people and Construction Workers" the "Difference" you aspire to make, would simply never happen. We the Generic Business people make sure the world keeps turning, we supply the food, the water, the power, the clothing, and just about everything else that is needed in this world. Oh and without Construction workers you wouldn't have anywhere to make said difference. So get off your high horse you self entitled [snip] and realize that while you may have paid more for your schooling, without us you'd still be sitting naked in a mud pit playing patty cake by yourself.
edit on 29-10-2016 by looneylupinsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Had I been a student there I would've found a way to go through them. This SJW bull# has to stop. Future of our country right here, God help us all.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So, what happens when all these SJW snowflakes leave the colleges and universities they took over with their nonsense and have to get jobs?

How very disappointed they will be (providing anyone even hires them) to find that the employer does NOT provide designated safe spaces, and that other staff may openly speak of things they find upsetting and counter to their own opinions.
What will the poor little spineless idiots do then? Without their crowd of like-minded idiots, they'll have to handle it all by themselves and may just dissolve into a tearful quivering wreck and need counselling.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
So, what happens when all these SJW snowflakes leave the colleges and universities they took over with their nonsense and have to get jobs?

How very disappointed they will be (providing anyone even hires them) to find that the employer does NOT provide designated safe spaces, and that other staff may openly speak of things they find upsetting and counter to their own opinions.
What will the poor little spineless idiots do then? Without their crowd of like-minded idiots, they'll have to handle it all by themselves and may just dissolve into a tearful quivering wreck and need counselling.

You need to hear the Millennials Song on Youtube

www.youtube.com...

and the Millennials in the work place: www.youtube.com...
edit on 10/29/2016 by pteridine because: ETA link

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It doesn't feel good to be treated differently because of the color of your skin does it?

Lucky for you guys its just a demonsration of what black people have dealt with for hundreds of years.

Those of you who say you'd escalate with violence, imagine yourself and any others like you being hanged by the hundreds shortly after. Then imagine your womem and children being raped and killed.

Then tell me you don't get the jest of this protest so I can call you an idiotic racist and take a shot at your balls in hopes of causing permanent infertility so that your idiotic gene pool never spreads.

Imagine being killed after you peacefully rebelled after being spat on and having crap thrown at you simply because you wanted to be able to use the front door to an establishment.

I'll say this quite simply. If you can't see the point of this protest as a reminder of americas tarnished history, then you are a effing idiot and I pray you never procreate, or that shortly after you do you die, and someone of sound mind raises your child.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
It doesn't feel good to be treated differently because of the color of your skin does it?

Lucky for you guys its just a demonsration of what black people have dealt with for hundreds of years.

Those of you who say you'd escalate with violence, imagine yourself and any others like you being hanged by the hundreds shortly after. Then imagine your womem and children being raped and killed.

Then tell me you don't get the jest of this protest so I can call you an idiotic racist and take a shot at your balls in hopes of causing permanent infertility so that your idiotic gene pool never spreads.

Imagine being killed after you peacefully rebelled after being spat on and having crap thrown at you simply because you wanted to be able to use the front door to an establishment.

I'll say this quite simply. If you can't see the point of this protest as a reminder of americas tarnished history, then you are a effing idiot and I pray you never he, or that shortly after you do you die, and someone of sound mind raises your child.

A video posted on YouTube by Diego Reyes claimed that white students were prevented from passing through the gate but students of color were allowed through.

But UC Berkeley Assistant Vice Chancellor Dan Mogulof said that race and ethnicity played no role in who was allowed to cross the line.

"Simply put, no one, of any ethnicity, was allowed to pass except for one or two individuals who asked to join the protest itself," Mogulof wrote in an email.

SFGate

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Lucky for us huh? LOL Keep telling yourself that buddy.

What you just described has happened thousands of times all over the world to every group of people that have ever existed. But guess what? It's not happening here and now. So get over it and do something with yourself just like the rest of us have to.

I'll say this quite simply. If you can't see the point of this protest as a reminder of americas tarnished history, then you are a effing idiot and I pray you never procreate, or that shortly after you do you die, and someone of sound mind raises your child.

You should be put in a straight jacket and locked in a padded room.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Aren't walls racist or something?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The protest is about a "safe space" being moved; not eliminated. More safe spaces were also wanted. This self-imposed segregation will only further divide people.
The protesters didn't seem to all have the same idea of what the protest was about.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I didnt know ats had so many keyboard warriors. Decking and beating people for protesting a small section of a campus. These same keyboard warriors are complaining about freedom to travel. You literally have a 10 feet detour. Its really not that big of a deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join