It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has family guy gone nuts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was watching and they were singing a weird chant something about patriotic weirdness and barbecued human heads. I just brushed it off then 5 mins later some more weird popped in outta nowhere wtf so I recorded it I have no idea why quagmire took Peter back in time so far or what it's supposed to mean.

Why would going back in time cause him to see this? Or am I missing something

Peter: [demonic voice] I see the six stations of the Lord's order, and they will all burn !

edit on 26-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That was kind of weird and random. Were they referencing anything?

Probably just typical family guy but they have taken part in predictive programming and subliminal messages I am pretty sure.....
edit on 26-10-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Oh family guy...

There are a lot of references to:

a) time travel and its ramifications including multiple timelines. They even have an episode where time flows backward.

b) occultic crap. There is another episode where Peter puts on noise cancelling headphones to "be alone with my thoughts". This is all while on a plane, and his "innver voice" begins babbling about blood shed and something about the dark counsel or something along those lines.

c) Paranormal in general. Ghosts and spirits speaking through telelvisions etc.

One of my personal favorites is when Peter talks to the t.v. as if the people on it can "hear" him. Ironically enough,the people on tv respond to him.

To me, the show is some type of op. With american dad included.

Afterall, seth macfalane was set to be on the plane that hit the north tower...talk about a splitting of timelines.

Addendum: this show has a lot, and i do mean ALOT of references that resonate with my life and experiences to a very close T.
edit on 26-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
I was watching and they were singing a weird chant something about patriotic weirdness and barbecued human heads. I just brushed it off then 5 mins later some more weird popped in outta nowhere wtf so I recorder it I have no idea why quagmire took Peter back in time so far or what it's supposed to mean.

Why would going back in time cause home to that? Or am I missing something

Peter: [demonic voice] I see the six stations of the Lord's order, and they will all burn !

Friend, Family Guy has always Been NUTS. That's why I love it. This is probably just some weird Halloween theme there sneaking in. Psychotropic drugs were also likely partly responsible.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That's still on?

It was funny the first go around, and it was just plain weird after they brought it back.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Or am I missing something

It's called dark humour

It's family guy, it's full of weird

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you referring to the break the show took in 2000, or 2001? So you only enjoyed season 1? Correct me if im not understanding correctly.

Weird is intriguing to some i suppose, no?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you referring to the break the show took in 2000, or 2001? So you only enjoyed season 1? Correct me if im not understanding correctly.

Weird is intriguing to some i suppose, no?

It was cancelled in 2002 and brought back in 2005. The first episodes are really funny, but the ones after it was brought back are more mean spirited, politicized and weird.

Weird is intriguing to some, but it depends on the weird.

I like lots of weird myself.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Or am I missing something

It's called dark humour

It's family guy, it's full of weird
I agree family guy has is its cup of weird but usually on nothing like this I don't think anyone laughed at it. No references whatsoever, Why would he say that, I've never heard that phrase in my life. It was completely random

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I dunno, Family Guy has always been nuts.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There's a talking alcoholic dog. There's a 2 year old that does song and dance routines whilst trying to take over the world. You're thinking this is strange?

eta: one of my personal favorite moments:

edit on 26-10-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Why would going back in time cause him to see this? Or am I missing something

Perhaps, it is in reference to the ancient fall of the Watchers (rebellious angels), as mentioned in the Book of Enoch?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think the real answer is that Seth McFarlane thinks he is far more profound and transgressive than he actually is ... like he's as relevant and important as Stone and Parker or he's got a serious case of South Park envy.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Pretty sure this is a thread about tv, not general conspiracies.

Those of us who don't watch the distraction box are bewildered by this thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think the real answer is that Seth McFarlane thinks he is far more profound and transgressive than he actually is ... like he's as relevant and important as Stone and Parker or he's got a serious case of South Park envy.

I hear ya. Family guy sits somewhere in between the Simpsons and South Park.

However, remember the simpsons episode with the magazine showing the twin towers and the cost of the magazine was "$9" with the towers to the right of the 9.
.looking like 9 11.

Anyway, weird stuff like that. Makes me wonder.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yeah, the most recent episode was just disgusting. Seth Mcfarlane should be ashamed of himself. Multiple references of child abuse.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
There's a talking alcoholic dog. There's a 2 year old that does song and dance routines whilst trying to take over the world. You're thinking this is strange?

eta: one of my personal favorite moments:

I love the Star Trek "Amok Time" homage.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

That makes me wonder too, but I've never heard it suggested anywhere that Family Guy is predictive programming. At most, it has the usual beast system/illuminati symbolism in it. But is it there because it's actually predictive or just because it's expected because all the cool kids do it?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It appears in Mr McFarlanes belief system, that oblivious caucasian men are demons incarnate.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Erm..... I don't know how the reference went over everybody's heads here, so I made an account specifically to explain it:

It's just a reincarnation joke. That's about it.... to be fair, it seems to imply that demons could be reincarnated, but... I'm pretty sure they just meant that in a previous life, Peter was a duke of hell, or something.

Quagmire took him a little too far back in time.

Edit: also, apologies if this forum frowns upon necroposting, it's just the main result from google that comes up for "the six stations of the Lord's order" leads here, and no one got the reference... I'm thinking it's just a reincarnation joke, that just implies peter was a demon or whatever in a previous life. Nothing anymore "sinister" than that.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Chocobear13 because: Explaining why I felt the need to post a response to an old post; this thread comes up in search results relating to the phrase from the episode.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join