It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duterte aligns Philippines with China, declares ‘separation’ from U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I really like your avatar! is that you?
im sorry i just like the art!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

I would give you a million stars for your post if i could!!!
it's a really great topic you posted.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just spent a month there and got home yesterday. They really like him and I didn't see any killings or vigilante violence. Apparently most people prefer the drug pushers to get jail and lots turned themselves in. It seems they're trying to help addicts more too but I'm sure the corruption and it's effects from drug money is the biggest concern for duterte.
I can't blame any country for wanting to distance themselves from the Americans either. China's no peach but a lot closer and looking more stable at least politically these days.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't really watch the news so is there anybody who can summarize what it is that we have done to so totally irritate the leader of this country?

RC

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedCairo
I don't really watch the news so is there anybody who can summarize what it is that we have done to so totally irritate the leader of this country?

RC

Expressed concern over the extra judicial killings of drug dealers absent due process.

Also its not just the US. He has gone after the UK and EU as well.

...and people say Trump has a thin skin...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wait, just so I understand...

We (government) publicly opine on what another government is doing, like killing criminals without a trial...

Even though the concept of innocent until proven guilty is OUR politic -- not the default in many other places, and not through most of history...

And we have extensive policies now (greatly thanks to executive orders, and more) that totally trash every imaginable ethical handling including arrest without warrant, detain "indefinitely" without cause AND without notification or charge, torture, and of course if you can arrest/detain/forever without notice or cause you can just kill people and hide the body. This rant could go on.

What right do we have to be opining to other countries about how they should handle their legal process?

Are we mad because they killed people possibly working for someone one of our agencies was funding?

I think there's a whole lot of stuff that our political leaders could spend time improving at home, rather than opining about how nobody else runs their government properly.

Maybe he's paranoid and belligerent but it's his country, seems like he's got a right to tell us to stuff it. We don't own him and I think our gov't opining publicly on his actions is, in fact, their way of saying they do.

RC
edit on 26-10-2016 by RedCairo because: forgot something

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Let's see how serious Duterte is about this sudden pro-china pro-russia attack mind boggling situation. Will he ally with China and Russia or will he just wreck the Philippines.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

He has already said Trump is someone he can work with and thus far no military training has been canceled nor any agreements ended. Considering how bad Obama is I dont blame him for looking elsewhere however joining with China and Russia is a stop gap measure that would be taken advantage of by China regarding the disputed islands issue.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: RedCairo

RC

Expressed concern over the extra judicial killings of drug dealers absent due process.

Also its not just the US. He has gone after the UK and EU as well.

...and people say Trump has a thin skin...

It was more than expressing concern. They canceled meetings. They threatened to stop arms sales.

Now that Obama is gone and a more reasonable person will be president I expect better relations.

Duterte has a mandate from the people and was elected for the sole reason to do extra-judicial killings and end corruption.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Of course they did.. Extra judicial killings go against the norm.

If that is the directions the Philippines want to go that's their prerogative. Just like the nations who choose not to have meetings or supply arms to them is their prerogative.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Of course they did.. Extra judicial killings go against the norm.

If that is the directions the Philippines want to go that's their prerogative. Just like the nations who choose not to have meetings or supply arms to them is their prerogative.

And them turning to Russia and China and the US losing one of their strongest allies is also their prerogative ... while the US supports warlords all over the world who could not care less about their people and kill people for power.

The Filipino people democratically voted for this. Apparently the US only supports it when it's done through force against the people's wishes.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
April 30, 2017

""U.S. President Trump has invited Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte to Washington to "to discuss the importance of the the United States-Philippines alliance," the White House said late Saturday.""

www.foxnews.com...

They both speak frankly and get to the point. The transcript will probably be PG or R-rated.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow!!!.

This is really happening.

Ya'll know I am not a political person,

But this has got to get folks attention!!!!!
edit on 30-4-2017 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Wow!!!.

This is really happening.

Ya'll know I am not a political person,

But this has got to get folks attention!!!!!

Why does this potential meeting mean so much to you, CrappieKat? Doesn't the USA have military bases there? We're friends.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I hope this link works, if not I will have to find another way to post it.

www.washingtonpost.com... ml?utm_term=.ff07ed415849

Dang it. I will find another source.
edit on 30-4-2017 by crappiekat because: to add

Ok, I think I have a link that works.

First they wanted the US out of their country, now we have the US building new structure's in the area.
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 30-4-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

I would say kinda Friends.

edit on 30-4-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't see this alignment of the Philippines with the SCO yet but I see instead an EU supported aggression orchestrated using ISIS terrorists. Most probably the same kind of terrorists that blew up Coptic christians in Egypt. Those kind of forces are supported typically by Italy and Germany, with help from other Scandinavian countries and France. Spain being the former colonial power is definitely in the middle of ISIS support in the Philippines.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Evidence to support those conclusions please?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The Philippine people love America. They don't love when the American government bullies them ala Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join