It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duterte aligns Philippines with China, declares ‘separation’ from U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
So does anyone know what this means as far as the big picture? What does this mean for those of you military strategists's? Will this hurt the U.S.A.'s effort for a buildup in the area, etc?
Yes, which is why as other posters said, regime change is on the horizon.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
McArthur isn't just turning, he's doing cartwheels in his grave.

More of Obama's defeatist foreign policy at work.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
McArthur isn't just turning, he's doing cartwheels in his grave.

More of Obama's defeatist foreign policy at work.
Silly, Obama and co work for the same people as George W.,

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

That's certainly the CIA's M.O., but would they even be wrong in this case? I mean, it's not even a tough sell, Duterte IS kind of diabolical. Extrajudicial killings don't exactly endear a person to the wider world, at least not the world I and many others would prefer to live in.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

That's certainly the CIA's M.O., but would they even be wrong in this case? I mean, it's not even a tough sell, Duterte IS kind of diabolical. Extrajudicial killings don't exactly endear a person to the wider world, at least not the world I and many others would prefer to live in.
Using a leader's problems to justify neo imperialism, black ops, violation of their sovereignty, and regime change, is both unethical and illegal under international law. Further, it would be clear that it's for ulterior motives.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Doesn't work like this. We spent a fortune having Smedley Butler do unspeakable atrocities to the people of the Phillipines (to his later chagrin).

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This will spell BIG TROUBLE if true. This is a play for the South China Sea. If Philippines and China have a deal and cut the US ties, as I believe China will soon, they are going to lock up that entire sea region. China already has their islands built and military presence. Seems this has been a long time in the works.

I will be VERY interested to see how this pans out in the next few weeks. It likely has something to do with the Reed Bank oil and natural gas deposits there as well....we are talking MASSIVE amounts of money at stake here.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The folks at Halliburton are doing a happy dance now. Business just picked up!!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

The people of the Philipines VOTED for Duterte. They did not vote for you, they did not vote for me, they did not vote for Obama and have certainly not voted for Hillary.

So how is what Duterte does any of our dammed buiness?
edit on 20-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm not suggesting that black-ops would be justified, or even a good idea, just that Duterte would make the necessary propaganda spin particularly easy to swallow for a lot of people. He's not a nice man.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Not really.

That is his economists telling the rest of the West that Duterte's words, as he explicitly stated himself, were for the US and the US only.

The only way to take Dominguez's words, as being in disagreement with Duterte, would be to make the flawed assumption that West = USA and USA = West.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I smell a CIA sponsered uprising.

The Philipines has trouble with islamic terrorism.....wanna bet those terrorist cells get shinny new toys made in the US of A?

PS
I forget its not terrorists when the CIA are sponsering them its "rebels"

Haha, couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe they get creative this time though and surprise us with the new and improved CIA how to coup guidelines.

New tactics may include but are not limited to...

Civil protest.

UN intervention on human rights and the new literal war on drugs and the addicts.

Sanctions to a "Rouge state"

Keep eyes on this one boys and girls.
edit on 20-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

The US has been out of the Philippines for many years now (as a major base). It was not until recently that we looked back into reestablishing a major presence. That agreement was with the former president though. As of yet Duarte has talked a lot but has made no official moves to break agreements with the US.

The Philippines are not a lynch pin of US strategy in the Pacific.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well there is always a silver lining. I believe we give the Philippines some $200M a year in foreign aid plus another $30M in Military aid. Guess China can start paying that bill now.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Well there is always a silver lining. I believe we give the Philippines some $200M a year in foreign aid plus another $30M in Military aid. Guess China can start paying that bill now.

China is currently trying to stave off a currency collapse so funds might not be available.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The important thing here is: will they continue to make their debt service payments? If they do, then China is as good as the US as far as the important people (Rothschild) are concerned.

That's the only reason we were there to begin with: to destroy the country and force them to take out loans to rebuild.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Thanks Mr. Mind Reader for clearing that up. I'll be sure to ask you the next time I want to know what a politician on the other side of the world is really thinking since you have a pulse on these things. Oh wait no, I'm just being sarcastic here.
edit on 20-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I forget its not terrorists when the CIA are sponsering them its " moderate rebels"

there I fixed it for you :>)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh well. Looks like another popular, independent leader is going soon.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

This is how it starts, you get yourself elected by making claims of bettering your country by doing away with the unwanted masses, generally by killing or internment. You then go and change who the undesirables are to political disidents, people of religion x, or what have you. People start to die in mass, your followers cheat you on as the genocide begins to rage. You come to love this power of life and death and put a strangle hold on your power declaring yourself president forever. You start wanting more power and more followers so you invade your neighbors and your neighbors neighbor.

At what point when history starts to repeat itself do we as a global populace decide to step in? Now or after they invade a neighbor or a neighbors neighbor?

Not saying this will happen but his rise to power and some of his policies do remind me of some historical figure who I can't seem to recalls name...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join