It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Duterte aligns Philippines with China, declares ‘separation’ from U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced his “separation” from the United States on Thursday, declaring he had realigned with China as the two agreed to resolve their South China Sea dispute through talks.

Duterte made his comments in Beijing, where he is visiting with at least 200 business people to pave the way for what he calls a new commercial alliance as relations with longtime ally Washington deteriorate.

“In this venue, your honors, in this venue, I announce my separation from the United States,” Duterte told Chinese and Philippine business people, to applause, at a forum in the Great Hall of the People attended by Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli.

“Both in military, not maybe social, but economics also. America has lost.”

This Duterte fella is trouble. He seems to say what he wants to do and then actually goes out and does it for better or worse. Will this effectively deny the U.S.A the use of the Philippines as a staging area? Will it grant China the same military benefits the U.S.A has enjoyed in the region all these decades? This could seriously shift the balance of power in the South Pacific.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Haasn't he also called Obama a "Son of a Whore" like half a dozen times already? This comes as no shock to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced his “separation” from the United States on Thursday, declaring he had realigned with China as the two agreed to resolve their South China Sea dispute through talks.

Duterte made his comments in Beijing, where he is visiting with at least 200 business people to pave the way for what he calls a new commercial alliance as relations with longtime ally Washington deteriorate.

“In this venue, your honors, in this venue, I announce my separation from the United States,” Duterte told Chinese and Philippine business people, to applause, at a forum in the Great Hall of the People attended by Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli.

“Both in military, not maybe social, but economics also. America has lost.”

This Duterte fella is trouble. He seems to say what he wants to do and then actually goes out and does it for better or worse. Will this effectively deny the U.S.A the use of the Philippines as a staging area? Will it grant China the same military benefits the U.S.A has enjoyed in the region all these decades? This could seriously shift the balance of power in the South Pacific.

Lol its not you America is me -
sincerely
Philippines

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I smell a CIA sponsered uprising.

The Philipines has trouble with islamic terrorism.....wanna bet those terrorist cells get shinny new toys made in the US of A?

PS
I forget its not terrorists when the CIA are sponsering them its "rebels"

edit on 20-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Outstanding !!!
This is very important !!!

These are some of the finest people I ever had the opportunity to work with.
For me personally, this is heart breaking.
From a strategic point, it is devastating.

Buck

edit on 20-10-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Just countries picking sides for the upcoming events to unfold.

I'd postulate that things like this happened in previous world wars.

No surprise tho, it was only a matter of time before they got scared of the big bloc bully China and sided with them.

After all, America is thousands of miles away, and China is right next door.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Haasn't he also called Obama a "Son of a Whore" like half a dozen times already? This comes as no shock to me.

Isn't he? Stanley Ann Dunham was a cia operative and party girl that was used as a honeypot in cia ops. Prostitute and whore are the same thing right, someone who sells their body for money?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/20.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The Philipines has trouble with islamic terrorism.....wanna bet those terrorist cells get shinny new toys made in the USA of A?

PS

Just tell Hillary that he is going to testify against her. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The Philipines has trouble with islamic terrorism.....wanna bet those terrorist cells get shinny new toys made in the USA of A?

PS

While you are likely correct, remember, those SAS troops do a lot of training with the CIA and "rebels".

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So does anyone know what this means as far as the big picture? What does this mean for those of you military strategists's? Will this hurt the U.S.A.'s effort for a buildup in the area, etc?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Of course.

Though the UK normaly up to that crap in the ME.

Philipines is pretty much the USA zone of control and all ways has been so dont think the UK will be involved.....for once.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
This could seriously shift the balance of power in the South Pacific.

All empires eventually crumble, the US is fast losing allies thanks to its actions over the last 5 decades (more specifically the last 2 in the middle east)

I imagine at some point in the near future the Philippines will be bombed with freedom and Duterte made to look an evil dictator

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is where WWIII begins...

Adam Tod brown over at cracked.com called this...

www.cracked.com...

Its an interesting article. ..

duterte is a scary scary man....his views are interesting....

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wonder when the shills will come out and starting claiming how we need to support war in the Philipines, along with war with Iran, syria, Russia ect.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

In you are aware the duterte is killing people in mass right, for crimes such as being addicted to drugs... He is telling his citezens to kill drug users and dealers.....dude is scary and some one should have already had a firm talking with him. Instead we let it slide its ok he is just killing his people......

Who does that sound like...any one we know from history?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Doesn't look like Duterte is speaking for everyone here:

A few hours after Duterte’s speech, his top economic policymakers released a statement saying that, while Asian economic integration was “long overdue,” that did not mean the Philippines was turning its back on the West.

“We will maintain relations with the West but we desire stronger integration with our neighbors,” said Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez and Economic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia in a joint statement. “We share the culture and a better understanding with our region.”

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

South East Asia has always had the harshest punishment for drug users & traffickers, the death penalty is not an uncommon thing over there. The only difference with Duterte is he's encouraging citizens to do the job of the cops because a high percent of the cops are corrupt.

goseasia.about.com...

Not saying his policies are amazing, they're f#ing bat sh1t crazy, but it's not our country and he was democratically elected by the people of the Philippines knowing his policy on drugs.

From a philosophical viewpoint is there much difference jailing a drug dealer for life or killing them ? Either way you are depriving them of living

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is just another consequence of sending all our manufacturing jobs overseas. they probably buy most of their stuff from china so what do they need the U.S. for? about the only thing that the U.S. has to offer them now is money but you can`t buy loyalty.
I guess the politicians and big corporations didn`t see this coming when they decided to outsource all the U.S. manufacturing jobs.in the near future we can expect to see more countries doing this.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A shining example of Obamas foreign policy. Good thing Clinton is gonna follow in his clown shoe footsteps.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The Philipines has trouble with islamic terrorism.....wanna bet those terrorist cells get shinny new toys made in the US of A?

PS
Yeah seriously. If history is any indication... The us and cia don't sit idle..

Soon we will see the US media crowing about the virtuous opposition, and how diabolical Duerte is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join