It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion tussle at debate was wow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hillary could not deny that the law gives the ability to take the baby 1 day before birth.

"That is not what happens in these cases" is what she said.

Donald clearly pointed out only god has that right.

This just gave me the creeps about her even more.

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

only god has that right.

I'm anti-abortion and religious and that's still bullsh*t to me.

It's the pregnant woman's right. No one else.
If her life is in danger why/how the f*ck would it be the government's job to intervene?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
Hillary could not deny that the law gives the ability to take the baby 1 day before birth.

"That is not what happens in these cases" is what she said.

Donald clearly pointed out only god has that right.

This just gave me the creeps about her even more.

Lol that won't be the story. The story will be that Trump is stupid enough to think you can have an abortion the couple days before it's due..

Which isn't accurate nor anything ANYONE has done.

Hell he even pooped all over the pro life argument by not challenging Hillary quote his "penalize the woman stance" that pro lifers learned decades ago was a HUGE loser.

Trump once again played to his base and ran off everyone else.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

only god has that right.

I'm anti-abortion and religious and that's still bullsh*t to me.

It's the pregnant woman's right. No one else.
If her life is in danger why/how the f*ck would it be the government's job to intervene?

I think the story will be how uninformed trump was on day before it's due claim , and "penalize the woman" stance..

I think it is a logical fallacy to penalize the DR and not the person who willingly paid for it. Pretending like the woman was wronged and just doesn't know what's best for her..

He gave the media about 5 quotes that would disqualify anyone not trump.

Thank god he blew it..

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

We found out we were having a girl and were overjoyed. But our excitement lasted about five minutes. The sonographer turned to us and said, “I see something wrong with the baby’s heart. I’m concerned, and I’m going to leave the room. I’m going to speak with the doctor and will be back with the doctor.”

We learned that our daughter had one of the most severe heart defects there is. I saw a pediatric cardiologist that day too. When the doctor walked in, he was shaking like a leaf. When the pediatric cardiologist is shaking because he’s that nervous, you know you have a really severe case.

I prayed every day her heart would stop beating on its own so I wouldn’t have to make this decision. She had calcification on three of the four chambers of her heart. She had fetal hydrops, with a 99 percent mortality rate. We were told [that if she survived birth], she would struggle with a series of heart attacks, seizures, and strokes until one was strong enough to take her. She would struggle to eat and breathe, the most basic tasks in life. As a parent, I knew this wasn’t an existence I wanted for my child — from her first breath to her last, she would suffer. That was no quality of life. Life is more than a heart beating in a body.

Because of how far along I was, very few clinics could help me. In the state of Virginia, a woman seeking an abortion after 12 weeks must have it done in a hospital, and I didn’t even know what hospitals to reach out to because my care was all handled through the military. I had to start looking out of state to have the procedure done. I ended up having to travel all the way to New Jersey. We had to drive over 250 miles to get the care we needed. It was the first time I had ever been away from my daughter overnight — and my first time being away from her, I was losing my other daughter.

There was only one doctor at the clinic who performed abortions after 18 weeks, and there were more than 10 women there that day having advanced D&Es done.

www.yahoo.com...

Late term abortions aren't about some selfish woman changing her mind about the inconvenience of having a baby. Shame on you for assuming that. These are heart-wrenching decisions made by women who desperately want their babies, but for some unknown reason, "God" screwed it all up for them.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

We found out we were having a girl and were overjoyed. But our excitement lasted about five minutes. The sonographer turned to us and said, “I see something wrong with the baby’s heart. I’m concerned, and I’m going to leave the room. I’m going to speak with the doctor and will be back with the doctor.”

We learned that our daughter had one of the most severe heart defects there is. I saw a pediatric cardiologist that day too. When the doctor walked in, he was shaking like a leaf. When the pediatric cardiologist is shaking because he’s that nervous, you know you have a really severe case.

I prayed every day her heart would stop beating on its own so I wouldn’t have to make this decision. She had calcification on three of the four chambers of her heart. She had fetal hydrops, with a 99 percent mortality rate. We were told [that if she survived birth], she would struggle with a series of heart attacks, seizures, and strokes until one was strong enough to take her. She would struggle to eat and breathe, the most basic tasks in life. As a parent, I knew this wasn’t an existence I wanted for my child — from her first breath to her last, she would suffer. That was no quality of life. Life is more than a heart beating in a body.

Because of how far along I was, very few clinics could help me. In the state of Virginia, a woman seeking an abortion after 12 weeks must have it done in a hospital, and I didn’t even know what hospitals to reach out to because my care was all handled through the military. I had to start looking out of state to have the procedure done. I ended up having to travel all the way to New Jersey. We had to drive over 250 miles to get the care we needed. It was the first time I had ever been away from my daughter overnight — and my first time being away from her, I was losing my other daughter.

There was only one doctor at the clinic who performed abortions after 18 weeks, and there were more than 10 women there that day having advanced D&Es done.

At what point in this ordeal was the woman's health in danger? This wasn't a decision about her body, it was a decision about someone else's body. She had her child euthanized.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Well, at least you admit it's an ordeal.

or·deal
[ôrˈdēl]
NOUN
a painful or horrific experience, especially a protracted one

While it is in her body, she can make the decision to end her child's suffering. An extremely difficult decision to make, but one that is made with love.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There are very few late term abortions performed in this country, and they are only performed if there are serious, non-rectifiable medical problems necessitating it.

All states have a limit on when elective abortions can be performed. Late term abortions are well beyond that limit, and therefore are only performed in SEVERE circumstances.

edit on 20-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Will the GOP never learn. Women don't want old men making decisions about their reproductive health.

This debate has always lost elections for conservatives.
edit on 20-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What I love is conservatives are all about "small" government then invite them in to tell people, women in this case, what they can or cannot do with there bodies.

My mom is alive today due to an abortion many people wish was illegal.....f that...i am glad I had my mother around while I was growing up...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Non-issue on either side. Is purely a smoke and mirrors issue. Abortion issue voters are the most out of touch voters because they are deluded enough to actually believe this is still a real issue. It doesn't matter who wins, none of them are touching it, they don't care. They know abortion issue voters will vote based on it even though it's been a non issue for ever now.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

There are no abortions a couple of days before a child is due. That is just wrong.

Labor would be induced it a c-section performed with every attempt made to save the lives of both mother and child.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The abortion thing shouldn`t even be on the list of topics for a presidential debate,it`s a done deal.legal abortions have been the law for almost 50 years,enough is enough already it is the law of the land and there are more important things that they should be debating.
maybe in the 2020 presidential debates they can rehash more old issues like whether slavery should be legal?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Non-issue on either side. Is purely a smoke and mirrors issue. Abortion issue voters are the most out of touch voters because they are deluded enough to actually believe this is still a real issue. It doesn't matter who wins, none of them are touching it, they don't care. They know abortion issue voters will vote based on it even though it's been a non issue for ever now.

Non issue?

Then why is it the litmus test for the GOP...?...pro life or get out of the Republican party. That's not a non issue!

www.campaignsandelections.com...

Overturning Roe v Wade has always been the goal of conservative candidates and Trump is no exception. Non issue...not hardly!!

edit on 20-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

or·deal
[ôrˈdēl]
NOUN

While it is in her body, she can make the decision to end her child's suffering. An extremely difficult decision to make, but one that is made with love.

And at least you admit that a CHILD can suffer in the womb. Would you like to describe the process by which that little girl met her demise?

edit on 20-10-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

or·deal
[ôrˈdēl]
NOUN

Yeah, and she can pay for it herself too.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Sex makes babies .
No mystical being.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The way he answered that issue was ignorant and horrible I am certain that he lost tons of votes over it. If there was nothing else in his entire run that was bad that by itself would have lost him the race.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Late term abortions is a hard decision. early is easy. first 3 months is a discussion about potential, after that, it is a discussion about ending a life, and in the last trimester, it is a discussion about either a mercy killing or not wanting to die from the process.

remove this and it will still happen and with perhaps the same frequency...just in back alley abortion clinics and trips out of country...and targetting the people who dont deserve it. Anyone making light of LTA as if its being done by birth control or on a whim is a absolute idiot who needs to stop typing and start researching something outside of religious propaganda for the mentally unfit.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The way he answered that issue was ignorant and horrible I am certain that he lost tons of votes over it. If there was nothing else in his entire run that was bad that by itself would have lost him the race.

I missed the first part of the debate, and therefore whatever was said. what was said?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join