It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion tussle at debate was wow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So fifteen year old tiffany gets preggers and she and Bobby sixteen scrape up enough money to get an abortion so they can get a start in life without the hardships of being child parents themselves and they should be punished?
Is it murder? Do they get lethal injections? Isn't Bobby who came up with some of the cash and knocked up tiffany in the first place culpable too?
No, punishment shouldn't enter it.

It's also the reason it's been legalized.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Same thing with gun restrictions, right? The 2nd amendment is a done deal, right? It's the law of the land. Why are gun owners worried?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I thought the way trump handled his response to this topic was absurd and uneducated, willfully ignorant, and that's the worst kind.

I'm pro-choice. The woman who gets pregnant should have the right to terminate it. IMO, No woman owes anyone, ANYONE, an explanation for their abortion, or an apology.

If you think this is just some thing that women have no problem doing, well, I don't know what to say.

It's an extremely difficult choice. One of the most difficult choices any woman can make in their life, if faced with the decision. No matter the reason for the termination........

They have to live with their choice, and the what ifs, and the guilt, and finding a way to cope with what they decided for the REST OF THEIR LIVES. That is punishment enough.

It just drives me nuts when people say things like, well it can be adopted, and if she couldn't afford it, she should keep her legs closed blah blah blah...... Yeah we don't live in some fantasy world, we live in reality.

The earth is over populated, there are starving children EVERYWHERE, there are thousands of children waiting to be adopted, some never do get a new family.... and I doubt half of the people who are so strongly against it, would offer to pay for that child's life, in exchange for the mother to keep it.

Its just my opinion that we should all mind our own personal business. I get that a lot of the disagreement comes from Religious Morals, well. Again Idk what to say to that, because I just have "morals" without the religion. I'm concerned about the well-being of the family unit, and the people who are ALREADY alive, and grown.

Besides, don't the religious people usually say "Only God can Judge?" and "God forgives all his children" Well then mind your own business and let God do the Judging after we die. If it turns out to be more than a fantasy novel from the old times, then cool.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

As painless as is reasonably possible, and as quick as possible. A couple of minutes compared to weeks and months of constant suffering outside the womb before inevitable death.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: randomthoughts12

only god has that right.

I'm anti-abortion and religious and that's still bullsh*t to me.

It's the pregnant woman's right. No one else.
If her life is in danger why/how the f*ck would it be the government's job to intervene?

You are not religious and you are full of sh*t.

Only God has the right to end a child's life. The mother does not, and most certainly not the government.

Your post is proof of how depraved and immoral our society has become.
edit on 10/20/16 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

he talked about babies being " ripped " out of the womb..at full term..this procedure could even happen....he said " on the due date of the day of the birth

eta

this man is a dangerous idiot imho
edit on 20/10/16 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: randomthoughts12

only god has that right.

I'm anti-abortion and religious and that's still bullsh*t to me.

It's the pregnant woman's right. No one else.
If her life is in danger why/how the f*ck would it be the government's job to intervene?

You are not religious and you are full of sh*t.

So, are we to assume you are a Bible following Christian?

edit on 20-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

he talked about babies being " ripped " out of the womb..at full term..this procedure could even happen....he said " on the due date of the day of the birth

In other words, he was talking out of his ass - again.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

bigly

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That broke my heart.
My baby had indications of downs syndrome or cystic fibrosis discovered on a sonogram. I had to undergo amniocentisis to check his chromosomes. The results took ten unbearable days.
We got lucky and today that baby is 21. But if things had been different I couldn't subject a child to that suffering and would have had to abort.
Most abortions are not a method of birth control for women.
They are preformed because of mistakes or failed birth control or medical reasons for mother or a severely defective fetus.
No one is ambiguous about it and no one is pro abortion. They are pro choice.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think most people have worked out that he will use anything...anything at all... to polarize, trigger, and set groups against each other.
I have no clue what he is trying to make great..but it sure as s#*t isn't America

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I grew up without a abortion debate as my society was truly supporting of women owning their bodies.
I find it kinda bizarre that Americans still discuss it.
Backwards and amusing that those complaining about federal overreach want to overreach into my womb.

Anyway abortion debates are a sign of a mind that want to enforce government control over womens health so I won't start getting into them now that I'm a Yank.
One thing though, when he used that vile terminology on a debate stage about ripping out form the womb in a attempt to secure evangelicals as viewers not voters, I imagined most women around the country gasp in horror at him and firm up they will vote Hillary in the booth . Disgusting.

I am trying to find my post from over a year ago when he announced he was running where I said, Trump is not interested in presidency, he is interested in consumers as he would open up a news network or some form of Trump Media Brand....I was right, proven right by the man himself last night and the last few days.

I maintained this position throughout my duration on ATS when I dared to venture in to the political cess pool here where people were defending and supporting him politically and I couldn't understand how they couldn't see he was doing a sting on them to do consumers.

I suggest people stop hammering his politics home, he isn't a politician, this has all been a entertainment marketing ploy.
Turn on his station, and cease being victims of his faux election sting.

Trump doesn't care about women, he insults and assaults them.

Most importantly, did y'all miss that he did NOT confirm he would overturn Roe V Wade?

edit on 20-10-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So painful heart attacks, strokes, seizures, struggling for every breath, and unable to eat are something you would say is ok to put a newborn through? You'd chose that for your son? Your daughter? Your dog?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

eta

this man is a dangerous idiot imho

Well, that does happen, but its called giving birth with a c-section. lol

Trump is one of the dumbest candidates I think I have ever seen running, and I seen Sarah Palin. The only thing that sucks about this no doubt record loss of his campaign is that there are some legit considerations he brings forward that will be ignored.
Also...if one more lefty talks about the goddamn debunked wage gap once more, I am just gonna flip out. its like bringing up a concern about the ocean water falling off of flat earth.....the flat earth hypothesis has been debunked dammit..

I knew it was sunk at the end when he said "If you want 4 more years of Obama, vote her"
...people still like Obama, and like him a hell of a lot more than either of those jokers with every single poll out there showing over 50% favorability rating.
Clinton is at 42, Trump is at 35.

If the election was held today, and some random new rule allowed for a 3rd party, This election would go to Obama easier than his 2nd term...even if he was running against the 2 of them...even if he literally wasn't allowed to campaign outside of a single tweet saying "omg, I can haz 3rd term. vote 4 me lulz"

Anyhow...I will say this, at least the guy has been comical. I look forward to his weird new media company he will make after this is all over. Who doesn't like a fringey political conspiracy media outlet...with hot women anchors and tons of gold walls.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, it is heart-breaking to be in that situation. Luckily, I was never faced with that decision, but I do know that I wouldn't want my baby to suffer any longer than she had to. I would want to end that suffering as quickly as I could. I would be heart-broken for the rest of my life, but at least I would know that I did what I could to end the suffering.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

In other words, he was talking out of his ass - again.

maybe he knows a guy who knows a guy who helps him with his occasional indiscretions, no questions asked

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great, so Trump thinks Make America Great Again means going back to back-alley/coat-hanger abortions.

What ever happened to conservatives believing in less governmental intervention and intrusion into peoples personal lives.

Let women and men make their own medical decisions.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I seriously doubt he even cares enough about the issue...(which is essentialy not an issue ) to take the time to overturn RoevWade. He has switched from talking tough about punishing women who would seek a termination...to last night's stance of filtering it down to individual state level.
He was looking for late undecided voters last night...although how anyone could be undecided at this point is beyond me...but still ..he was basically doing a shout out to all the fanatical christians..who might also be staunch pro-lifers by using a graphic, disturbing mental image of a late term abortion. He is sick in the head.
edit on 20/10/16 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No it's the goal of a lot of conservative voters. It's a tool used by the dems and pubs to polarize the voter base. They know there are ignorant one issue voters out there, so since there are people so concerned over this, each side has agreed to take one side of this issue. The republicans got the worst end of that deal. Honestly the republicans would be best off reneging and dropping on the deal. Roe vs. Wade is not going to be overturned, especially not at this point. That ship has sailed a long time ago.

The reason the issue gets pushed so hard is the dems know how polarizing it is, and that the republicans aren't yet brave enough to turn their backs on their abortion one issue voter base as the one issue voters won't suddenly trust the republicans and will continue voting Dem "just in case" and as a result of doing so the anti-abortion voters will feel ignored and simply stay home. So republicans lose a bunch of votes if they drop it, but democrats still keep theirs.

The overwhelming majority is however against overturning Roe vs. Wade, so actually doing so would be even more suicide for the republican party, so they're not going to do that. As is, most people recognize it's a non issue, were it ever to become one rather than being simply words to placate the one issue voters actually resulting in overturning Roe vs. Wade, it would be the end of the republican party, and the lawsuits and fallout would be so great that it would end up back like it was soon enough. The Republican Party already knows this they aren't that stupid. They'll put out a token "effort" to look like they care, but will never actually go through with it.

I feel kind of bad for the Republican Party this issue has been a thorn in the side of the republican party for a long time, and they have no good way to get out of it. I don't feel that bad though both parties should be destroyed anyway.

All the abortion issue is, is a good smear tactic for the Democrats to use against the Republicans knowing they are backed into a corner on this issue.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Yah, Agree, But I'll reiterate, he isn't interested in reaching voters, he is interested in reaching consumer/viewers.

That''s' all his comments are catering to.
The man has no interest in being president.

He has started a media empire on the GOPs dime.

What fools.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join