It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locker room banter

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I vote for all of 'you' and all of 'us' to be okay. I hope we can pull that off somehow.

I don't think so in this election sadly. I do know DT is best to mitigate the damage that's coming and already caused. Even if he is the lamest duck ever, given the circumstances, I can live with that.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I vote for all of 'you' and all of 'us' to be okay. I hope we can pull that off somehow.

I don't think so in this election sadly. I do know DT is best to mitigate the damage that's coming and already caused. Even if he is the lamest duck ever, given the circumstances, I can live with that.

Okay.....I accept that. I will disagree vehemently, because I believe he is a walking and talking disaster.
Why you think he can mitigate anything at all is beyond me.

?????

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Simple. He is not well liked. He is not a politician. His ideas and actions will be very much handcuffed. His congressional support is even very small.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Okay.....I accept that. I will disagree vehemently, because I believe he is a walking and talking disaster.
Why you think he can mitigate anything at all is beyond me.

?????

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Even if he is the lamest duck ever, given the circumstances, I can live with that.

I'm not sure you understand the connotation of "lame duck" in politics. It refers to a person who can not possibly be re-elected. Obama is now a "lame duck." He has served his two terms, and can serve no more.

I see you are interpreting "lame duck" as an 'ineffective auditioner.' You are right, Donald has no filter. Handlers can manage him for perhaps one half an hour......he does not accept 'direction' or 'handling.'

And that's what makes him so very volatile and scary to imagine on a global theatre stage.

As much as you might disdain (
) the NWO - it is here. We have to realize that. We have to step up and stop being the embarrassment of the 'Western world.'

I don't have any answers. I don't know what they should do. I just know that I want everyone to be okay, to be able to sleep untroubled. To rest, and be free of worry about how they will eat when they awaken.

To feel confident that their parents love them and will protect them. To not have to ruminate about whether or not their relative will live to see tomorrow.
Can we please, please...just stop?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Full Definition of lame duck
: one that is weak or that falls behind in ability or achievement; especially chiefly British : an ailing company
: an elected official or group continuing to hold political office during the period between the election and the inauguration of a successor
: one whose position or term of office will soon end

We are both correct in our usage of the word.

I do distain the NWO and what it represents.

I remember a saying/poem/verse or it could have even been a damn FB meme, but it goes something like this:

"No one gets to just live"

I cannot in good conscience hand over the world as it is now to my kids. Nor can I idly watch it go by.

Hillary Clinton by her action represents a good portion of what is wrong in society and government. I cringe of the thought that her idealistic world is realized.

Trumps mouth doesn't worry me. My life and travels have lead me to the conclusion that there is far worse out there and words that carry more weight.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Full Definition of lame duck
: one that is weak or that falls behind in ability or achievement; especially chiefly British : an ailing company
: an elected official or group continuing to hold political office during the period between the election and the inauguration of a successor
: one whose position or term of office will soon end

So, we'll go with the "inept" version for your nuance, and the "nowhere to go from here but home" version for mine.

I still don't see how Trump is in any way fit to be our leader. He is less competent than the plecostomus in the 80-gallon tank behind me right now.

The plecostamus doesn't sabatoge his own realm.

We are both correct in our usage of the word.

I do distain the NWO and what it represents.

I remember a saying/poem/verse or it could have even been a damn FB meme, but it goes something like this:

"No one gets to just live"

I cannot in good conscience hand over the world as it is now to my kids. Nor can I idly watch it go by.

Hillary Clinton by her action represents a good portion of what is wrong in society and government. I cringe of the thought that her idealistic world is realized.

Trumps mouth doesn't worry me. My life and travels have lead me to the conclusion that there is far worse out there and words that carry more weight.

edit on 10/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Trump's mouth should be of great concern to you and to every person who lives in this nation. He will not get away with shooting off his mouth to Kim-Jong-Il, or Assad, or Bibi.....

no one...NO ONE in the global leadership theater will take him seriously. NO ONE!!
He will be the equivalent of Jong-Il. Don't you see that? We can't stoop that low. We (the US) are already the dunces of the Western World, with our 'conservative' snip. Our education, our health care, our housing standards, etc.

I want to be like them ---- like the European countries who mind their own business and take care of their own people.....and like Canada.
I'm tired, and I'm scared. It's just a real shame that so many voting thinkers think that Donald Trump is the answer., and can't just admit that they, too, are scared. It is disturbing. We've forgotten that it is meant to be about COMPROMISE, not about OPPOSITION.

We can't afford four more years of flipping Green Eggs and Ham. No.
Time to get busy.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I know there's not a way I can force you to understand my viewpoint of DT vs HRC. So instead I guess I'll ask your feelings on the way HRC and the DNC colluded together and with the MSM to sideline Sanders and his supporters?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I had a Bernie sign in my yard. I was excited.

And I've decided I am going to put it back in my yard.

In fact, I'm going to do it right this minute.
BRB

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Tell you ALL what.
When ADULTERY is illegal THEN ,maybe,I'd see our culture being offended.
NOW it's still too wild out here and all of the outrage is nothing but an elitist puppet show.
We hear of violence and HOW the HORRIBLE right has attacked the left.
PFFT. YOU ain't seen NOTHING yet.
If Obama's policies continue I see a civil war.
WAY too much talk about it,but I'm not worried.
ALL the Prog threats are causing resistance,Fueling MORE anger our fuse is DEATHLY slow but IT IS a fuse.
WE have a country to rebuild WE don't CARE about HURTFUL words.
The people who are voting for Trump,aren't talking and the left's OUTRAGEOUS acts will cause a political AMBUSH.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Time stamp four minutes ago. 20161017_004558

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The people who are voting for Trump,aren't talking and the left's OUTRAGEOUS acts will cause a political AMBUSH.

Hi.

I know you're pissed off and all, but I just want to say this one thing....
the people who are voting for Trump are most definitely "talking."

wow. I really hope that a month from now I can still read your posts, and that we can continue to work toward bettericity. Betteritude. Betterage. Betterness..

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

After a significant reduction of PC efforts I'll no doubt chew on Trump too.
When people PROTEST the national anthem it is a deep insult and THAT is the idea, for such a stupid reason such as SKIN or a few lousy offed thugs ,NOT the IGNORANT clown in office or his asinine attempts at foreign policy,WE are sick of it allso WATCH what is about to happen.
WE aren't talking to surveys or polls,it's going to be big.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I was just talking about you and I being able to have a convo.

Sorry.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I will stabilize a tad after the election but if ANOTHER friend dies this year THAT too translates to anger.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I will stabilize a tad after the election but if ANOTHER friend dies this year THAT too translates to anger.
Thanks for the heads up. I hope that doesn't happen.

I understand the anger, although some think I don't have any way to get it.
But, I try.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
knock knock

just want to leave this here, I just discovered it and it made me think of this thread

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am not surprised to see this meme all over the Internet, when people keep pretending that Trump's raunchy talk, is something so foreign and obscene, that it shakes them to the core.

Makes it hard for anyone to take you seriously.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Clearly a huge portion of the population is unaware of the difference between consent and sexual assault. I believe these people are often referred to as uneducated.
edit on 17-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join