It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locker room banter

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Maybe what you're sayin is bragging about sexual assault is a normal part of being a guy -- and women need to get over it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But everyone has different ideas on what is "offensive".

I don't find his "locker room" talk offensive. Vulgar and crass, maybe. But, I'm not offended. Who did he hurt by this?

I'm old and been around a long while though, so I'm pretty thick-skinned and tolerant. That's the thing about tolerance, it's not being tolerant if you agree with what is said, that's easy! It's if you DON'T agree, or if it goes against your belief system.

I'm also a woman, and married. Hubby says stuff like "grabbing me by the p***y", and it's meant to be private conversation, and I would be angry if someone taped us and acted all offended by our "bedroom talk".

edit on Sat Oct 15 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: misnomer68

How would you feel if someone showed you video of your husband telling another woman that he was going to grab her?

Everyone seems to be hung up on making excuses about the words but it isn't the words themselves that some are upset about.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

How would you feel if someone showed you video of your husband telling another woman that he was going to grab her?

Everyone seems to be hung up on making excuses about the words but it isn't the words themselves that some are upset about.

I am beginning to get on the bandwagon. I kind of like the idea, that people be held accountable for anything racist, sexist, or bigoted, that they have ever said in their life.

I think we should hold that same standard to every politician on Capitol Hill , or seeking a position on Capitol Hill.

It might the only way can actually clean house, and get control of our government. We must include the liars and swindlers. Dump them all.

edit on 15-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The difference is, when your husband says that to you, he's describing something consensual. Trump was describing sexual assault, and then bragging that his victims were too star struck to fight back. That's a really big difference.

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I am beginning to get on the bandwagon. I kind of like the idea, that people be held accountable for anything racist, sexist, or bigoted, that they have ever said in their life.

You're going to see it more and more over time. We're in this odd period right now where people said and did things in the 80's, 90's, and even early 2000's and they thought it would stay quiet. We've entered a time now though where things you wrote 20 years ago are going to surface and be used against you.

Future Presidents and even other office holders aren't going to be running on a clean image for a year or two, they're going to decide they want to try running for President at 5 or 6 years old, and shaping everything they say or do from that moment on so that it stands up to public scrutiny. John Kerry already did this, but it didn't work for him.

You're going to see it more and more often with those who run, but right now we're in the time where the technology is there and it predates people acting around that technology.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think we should hold that same standard to every politician on Capitol Hill , or seeking a position on Capitol Hill.

Well, the standard is a personal thing and it is what peoples votes are based upon. It is the way elections have always been.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I just can't have a bragging sexual assaulter as my president. He's said so many terrible things and knowing any time he said "my fellow Americans" it comes from a guy who brags about being able to assault women with impunity--- I cannot have any respect for a guy like that. It's a visceral reaction for me- I wish ill on a guy like that. I wish brutal anal gang rape on him for being so arrogant and self centered and so predatory to think he can just grab a woman like that. Those are the real special pieces of sh#t in society and I can't think of someone like that as a leader... ever.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Well, the standard is a personal thing and it is what peoples votes are based upon. It is the way elections have always been.

Yet we have a bunch of bigots, racist, pedophiles, and sexist elected into office, and sitting on Capitol Hill.

Either our standards are very low, or these characteristics only become a problem when they can be used to our benefit.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You're going to see it more and more over time. We're in this odd period right now where people said and did things in the 80's, 90's, and even early 2000's and they thought it would stay quiet. We've entered a time now though where things you wrote 20 years ago are going to surface and be used against you.

So we can bank on either highly groomed, preordained leaders in the future, or cyborgs.

One more reason to consider my being old a blessing. Hopefully I won't live long enough to see the Wizard of Oz crowned King of America.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I'm happy for you that you've never been subjected to such crude talk. I'm thinking your life has been relatively sheltered then... such as:

Never served in the military, or worked in a business that served military personnel on a regular basis.

Never played organized sports, or served in a sports medicine clinic or training room

Never went out dancing. (Bouncers seem to enjoy ejecting grabby customers, in case you ever need that bit of info).

Never worked in a restaurant, or any other menial capacity... stock room, warehouse, groundskeeper, fire house, police station, factory floor...

Never worked in an educated environment where people are together for long periods of time... nurses lounge, doctors lounge, teachers lounge, trading floor, sales floor...

Never used public transportation in a crowded city.

Most people aren't as sheltered as that. Yes, I am female and I can't count the number of times (especially in my teens/20s) I've been propositioned, cat-called, leered at, groped, "bumped into"... luckily. mostly by random strangers or acquaintances I didn't see frequently.

I'm not sanctioning that Mr. Trump said it. It was God-awful. But it is BY FAR not the worst I have heard.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

People always seem to notice it in the other candidate.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I may not agree with you all the time but I really do always appreciate your perspective. Your actions (spending your time and effort helping people) say about you everything I need to know. You're ok in my book.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So we can bank on either highly groomed, preordained leaders in the future, or cyborgs.

One more reason to consider my being old a blessing. Hopefully I won't live long enough to see the Wizard of Oz crowned King of America.

You say groomed, I say responsible with great foresight.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think one of the worst parts about all of this is ... In the same way that Bernie moved left leaning voters further to the left, Trump has moved right leaning voters further toward sh#ttiness. People on the Left now dream about free college tuition, free healthcare... those on the right now dream about rounding up hispanics, walls around the country, banning people based on religion, torture, and the privilege to commit sexual assault.
edit on 15-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
I just can't have a bragging sexual assaulter as my president. He's said so many terrible things and knowing any time he said "my fellow Americans" it comes from a guy who brags about being able to assault women with impunity--- I cannot have any respect for a guy like that. It's a visceral reaction for me- I wish ill on a guy like that. I wish brutal anal gang rape on him for being so arrogant and self centered and so predatory to think he can just grab a woman like that. Those are the real special pieces of sh#t in society and I can't think of someone like that as a leader... ever.

"We came, we saw, he died!" cackle! cackle!

Talk about vulgar!?

Good thing she was sitting down or we would have seen her do a hitler jig riverdance.

Are you people for f'n real?

Anyone of you that thinks what Trump said was the lowest thing ever said, needs their head examined by a proctologist.

A bunch of Pharisees, ya'll are now.

Good, I hope ya can't sleep at night. lol!!

I hope Trump didn't poison your thoughts.

Hint; try NOT thinking about grabbing some strange. Yeah, on your way to work or lunch try not thinking about what he said. Betcha can't do it now. Don't let it consume you, even though the MSM has been nonstop playing it over and over and over.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Were you that bummed when Gaddafi died? I wasn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

You say groomed, I say responsible with great foresight.

You DO realize that we are human, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Were you that bummed when Gaddafi died? I wasn't.

Yeah.

I was more concerned about hillary's response to the news of his death. Psychopathological more like it.

Real presidential of her, wasn't it?
Now look at the place. Nice eh?

Anyway, back on topic. It's locker room BS talk that triggered you people.

Who wants a population that can be triggered by some locker room talk? OMG! Sexual assault!!! lol.

Pathetic. Better vote hillary, she will protect you.

Until she doesn't need you.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You DO realize that we are human, right?

Are you implying that people are incapable of looking at the consequences of their actions, 30, 40, or 50 years into the future and executing long term plans? That doesn't bode well for potential leadership.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join