It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Locker room banter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If Trump would have said "I was exaggerating a bit, I was being rediculous, I would never and have never just grabbed someone's p***y" then I could relate, but he tries to dismiss it as "locker room banter". Who talks like this in locker rooms? I am not male and I am not filthy rich so I have no idea what the filthy rich males talk about in the locker room...please be honest...have you ever heard anyone talk so disrespectfully like he did? Is this really locker room banter of the filthy rich? Another reason to dislike the stupid rich people?

Anyone know? Is this normal? Bc to me it's the worse and most dangerous attitude to have. To say it (even though it was 10 yrs ago) then to defend it saying it was just locker room banter. And followers are agreeing with him?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.
edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited vulgarity

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I'm not sure if you're ignorant of how people talk when their social filters are turned off, or if you've honestly never known these types of people, but I've known PLENTY of people who talk like that, men/women alike. So it's not just the rich, nor is it just males. I've actually heard some really nasty stuff come from women. In fact, my wife is one of them. XD

So I know it's easy to want to be mad at him for speaking like that, and I know it's easy to want to add "rich male" to it to help make your anger more understandable, but I'm sorry, many, many, MANY people talk like that. The only reason his followers are agreeing with him is because they understand how people can speak when their societal filters don't have to be turned on. Either they've spoken like that, or they at least know someone who does.

So if anything, the fact that you've never been around this sort of behavior is what feels like the Twilight Zone. Especially the fact that you keep mentioning male, as if women have never spoken similar. Please, get off that high horse, women can be just as bad as men, they just tend to hide it better.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I guess I just don't hang out with disrespectful ignorant people. Anyone who brags about getting it on with married women and who just grabs p****es is disrespectful and ignorant.

I'm proud of myself that I keep them at bay. It's terrifying knowing they are out there.

edit on Thu Oct 13 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Thanks you've answered my question, unfortunately it IS locker room banter for some.

Still does not make it ok.

Scary

edit on 13-10-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Thanks you've answered my question, unfortunately it IS locker room banter for some.

Still does not make it ok.

Scary

Why is it any of your business anyways? A conversations between two people should simply be a conversation between two people unless one of them decides to bring someone elses attention to it. Who cares what they're talking about. This kind of chatter happens and it happens all the time. You'd have to live under a rock to believe it doesn't happen. It happens OFTEN. The only difference here was, someone had an open mic. Woops!

You know... I see this a lot and I figure it would make sense here.

So umm... How many copies of Shades of Grey were sold? 125 million copies worldwide. It was in the Top 10 best seller's list.

You can bet a VAST majority of it's readers were women. What does that tell ya?

edit on 13-10-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity I have to say I`ve heard many,many people,male and female say much worse.100% sure most of his critics on both sides are guilty and even worse.Check out what Hillary has said to secret service and what Shes said to Bill.If you haven`t heard both sexes talk as vulgar perhaps you have had a sheltered life,be thankful.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Well, I guess it's my business bc it's all over news feeds but...

if one of my friends talked like that, I would no longer be thier friend. I've got morals. Also, if I ever overheard that crap at the bar or in the locker room I would call them out. I would call them a jerk.

I guess there are many jerks in this world and also many followers who don't have morals. Sad that one of them is our presidential nominee.

I've always liked Trump (would never vote for him) but I feel as I get to know about him more, he is actually very unlikable. Disappointing more than anything

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I've known PLENTY of people who talk like that, men/women alike. So it's not just the rich, nor is it just males. I've actually heard some really nasty stuff come from women. In fact, my wife is one of them. XD

You're known by the company you keep (and marry). Low-class trash talk represents low-class, poorly-educated...well -- trash.

congratulations. You would be considered trash.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I CONFESS!
I've talked about P***Y with other guys in the locker room!

...There goes my political ambitions.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I guess I just don't hang out with disrespectful ignorant people. Anyone who brags about getting it on with married women and who just grabs p****es is disrespectful and ignorant.

I'm proud of myself that I keep them at bay. It's terrifying knowing they are out there.

Lookup the Ashley Madison hack... It was like 45million members... You sound like you grew up in some sheltered community.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
IAMTAT: you are deplorable, yes.

I was brought up not to use vulgarities like that. Money doesn't buy real "class". I'm with veracity 100% on this one.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

An educated, mannerly community, you mean. She sounds like she was brought up by intelligent, classy people. And MONEY does not buy real "class."

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Speaking as a male what is said is not dependent on wealth. In today's uptight and permanently offended world what is said depends on who is listening and the likely consequences of being overheard saying something "offensive".

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I've known PLENTY of people who talk like that, men/women alike. So it's not just the rich, nor is it just males. I've actually heard some really nasty stuff come from women. In fact, my wife is one of them. XD

You're known by the company you keep (and marry). Low-class trash talk represents low-class, poorly-educated...well -- trash.

congratulations. You would be considered trash.

Don't get married. There is an EXTREEMLY high chance you're with someone who has or is currently talking like that to his buddies.

It's crazy to see just how many people are amazed by this. Do you seriously think it doesn't happen?

"Oh no! My hubby would never"!!!!

Wanna bet?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

OFFENSIVE is OFFENSIVE.

Grow up.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If Trump would have said "I was exaggerating a bit, I was being rediculous, I would never and have never just grabbed someone's p***y" then I could relate, but he tries to dismiss it as "locker room banter". Who talks like this in locker rooms? I am not male and I am not filthy rich so I have no idea what the filthy rich males talk about in the locker room...please be honest...have you ever heard anyone talk so disrespectfully like he did? Is this really locker room banter of the filthy rich? Another reason to dislike the stupid rich people?

Anyone know? Is this normal? Bc to me it's the worse and most dangerous attitude to have. To say it (even though it was 10 yrs ago) then to defend it saying it was just locker room banter. And followers are agreeing with him?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

You should listen to what comes out of a Drill Sergeant's mouth. You would be amazed at what a bunch of guy's in a locker room or in the military talk about. All fun and games of course.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's ok to talk about p***y!!! (In total private so no one else can overhear or else you are just a jerk boasting)

But just going up and grabbing it...bc you're rich, or boasting about being with married women...that is trash.

Saying you got some sweet p***y last night is ok (in private) please know the difference. One is locker room banter, the other is just plain disrespectful and gross.

edit on 13-10-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

You are wrong. My husband is appalled by the idea, and he has all of his life defended women against such degrading talk. With "manly" physical consequences being delivered to the mouths of trash-talking scum.
He believes every woman should be treated like a lady.

Chivalry, you know. You know what that means? Gentlemanly behavior? Class? Education?

I suppose you think it's cool to have a giant scrotum hanging off of your trailer hitch too (since you can't get away with letting it just dangle out of your trousers, yet).

Ow My Balls indeed. Trash.

edit on 10/13/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
IAMTAT: you are deplorable, yes.

I was brought up not to use vulgarities like that. Money doesn't buy real "class". I'm with veracity 100% on this one.

Buzzy...You never, in your life, said anything vulgar or sexual about a man?

link   
My point is that something that is offensive to some may not be offensive to someone else

Read up
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join