It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locker room banter

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There's just a lot of horrible people in the U.S. And if I'm going to point fingers... it's the traditionally horrible people... the racists, xenophobes, bigots, misogynists... These people suck. They just suck. Would the world be a better place without them? Of course it would. But they are here nonetheless and even though they're horrible people, they still get to vote.

So, all we can do is keep voting in the better candidate.

It is the perpetual battle between good and evil.
***SNIP***
edit on 10/14/2016 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped for political trolling.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: daskakik

You might not have it all polished up but the crumbs you sprinkle around here is what I'm talking about.

For instance, in this case, Trump's words from 2005 have somehow travelled a decade in the future,

hey les...It's not exotic magic or new fangled technology...it's called a microphone and recording device...same general technology that affords us certainty that the Hindenburg caught fire.

There is no crime.

No...Just his expressing his philosophy of sexual assault.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab them by the p***y. You can do anything.

edit on Fri Oct 14 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So I've just read the first page of this thread, and I'm actually more appalled by people's responses to eachother more so than trumps obsurd audio clip.

It's unfortunate that both sides of the arguments within the first page are from members I have a lot of respect for, and nearly all the comments are belittling everyone else who comments.

Here's my opinion on the matter.

OP, yes it is a bit odd that you've never once heard of anyone bein "this vulgar", because it is in fact very common throughout genders and their income respectively.

Does that make you some kind of "sheltered, insecure, sexist" person like some other members seem to be suggesting? Of course not.

Now, from the opposite perspective, it also doesn't mean that anyone who has ever heard someone say such things instantly dictate that not only is the person whom said it a person that we regularly see on occasions, but that that are in fact a friend of ours. That notion is equally proposterous.

I worked on the oil rigs for a few years, and you can imaging the things I've heard. I've never once hung out with any of my coworkers there, not even for a short time after or before work. I didn't really converse with them at all, but I certainly was exposed to some of their conversations on a daily basis.

The same goes for just about anywhere. I used to also work at the humane society in my town, a job in which was solely run by women, where I was literally the only male, and not only were some of my coworkers there obscenely vulgar, but they were easily the most back-talking, selfish, backstabbing people I have ever met. They would sooner step on your neck to help your drown faster in a puddle if it meant they wouldn't get wet.

I, like yourself, don't have any friends whom behave in such a way. I don't care about being around people like that, but my experiences in life have lead me to occasionally meet them.

So let's not paint this all black and white people. Not every wealthy person is disgusted by the poor. Not every animal loving tree hugger applies the same love to everything else. Not every male is a selfish pig that only thinks about sex. And not every person who doesn't say such things or hangs around with people who do is a sheltered, ignorant person.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

hey les...It's not exotic magic or new fangled technology...it's called a microphone and recording device...same general technology that affords us certainty that the Hindenburg caught fire.

It was a joke. But explaining irony to a literalist is a fool's game—the literal mind is always baffled by the ironic one.

No...Just his expressing his philosophy of sexual assault.

No...using hyperbole to emphasize a point.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It was a joke. But explaining irony to a literalist is a fool's game—the literal mind is always baffled by the ironic one.

Oh...I deeply appreciate irony, but what you employed was nonsense posing as intellectualism. Not a strategy without some success amongst far right conservative thinkers, and one that might have benefited the man you struggle to prop up, but alas..he is incapable of pretending to be intelligent and his failed attempts at presenting himself as a relatable human being only highlights his Narcissistic personality disorder.

I don't envy you, hitching yourself to his ship plummeting beneath the waves.

No...using hyperbole to emphasize a point.

"HYPERBOLE" Wes?....

He was emphasizing a point? About doing anything to women he wants because he is a star?

What does Donald say about Hyperbole?

" I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and it’s a very effective form of promotion.”
www.newyorker.com...

So what exactly was he promoting here?

Seems to me he was either speaking truth or promoting sexually assaulting women.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
again

edit on 10/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I would feel better if she was making a stand against the message our children are exposed to every day, in their quest to hyper-sexualize them; instead of trying to use a recorded statement made by a vulgar man recorded over 30 years ago, as means to get people to turn a blind eye, and a deaf ear to the shortcomings of Hillary.

They embrace the people that produce music and videos that call women every low thing you can imagine, and continue to promote the image of women as sex objects. Video after video, filled with sexual innuendo and crotch grabbing, of self, and of others. Billboards and magazines with near naked men and women sending the message that the most important thing in world, is to desire or be desired. This behavior is accepted and disseminated 24/7, but a recording made 30 years ago by a vulgar business man, suddenly is the most horrible thing to have happened to this country?

The least we could do, if we really want folk to believe that what Trump said 30 years was so horrible, is to be consistent. Bringing some sense of morality and decency back to the country might also help.

Otherwise this is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

edit on 14-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I feel like what I've learned here is that women who support Trump are okay with having their p***y grabbed without consent...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The least we could do, if we really want folk to believe that what Trump said 30 years was so horrible, is to be consistent. Bringing some sense of morality and decency back to the country might also help.

Otherwise this is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

It wasn't 30 years ago.....
it was 10 or 11 years ago.

I agree we need some sense of morality and decency.....

and that's why Trump is a never-ever-you-gotta-be-kidding-me kinda guy in my estimation.

Just no. So much nope.

no

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I agree with Michelle here:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I agree with Michelle here:

Perfect example of why you can't believe what a person says just because they have a microphone or are being recorded.

Be honest to ourselves if to no one else.

How many times have we said something that we didn't really mean, for whatever reason? How many times have we said something that we wish we hadn't said, and wished we could take back? Everything that someone says, is not the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

These people are salesmen and saleswomen. They will say whatever they need to say, to whomever they need to say it, to sell their product, even if that product is themselves.

There is no difference between Hillary and Trump. and I am not supporting either one of them. The American people have a choice. A choice between the same menu that they have been handing us throughout the centuries, or we can order off the menu. Even if they say they can't accommodate what we want, we will have made it clear we don't want what they are pushing.
edit on 14-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't buy for a second that Trump regrets anything he's ever bragged about. There is no reason to believe that this was an isolated 'oops he said a bad thing' moment. All indications point to the man behind the transparent curtain. It's obvious this is who he is.

Hillary is not at all the same. She's a lot better than Trump and I feel very confident that the election results will show most people feel the same.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Donald can not possibly regret anything he has said but Hillary is?

This is the definition of a double standard.

Hillary could give two rips about you or her supporters...that is unless you've given a sizable amount to her foundation.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Anyone else notice that since Donald has doubled down on misogyny none of his peers are questioning anymore if he's a conservative or a republican.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yes except Hillary has devoted her life to public service where Donald has devoted his life to himself, money, and p***y.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Public service like in Haiti?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Don't pretend you give a sh#t about Haiti. America First remember?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Don't pretend you give a sh#t about Haiti. America First remember?

Oh, struck a nerve. Apologies.

I just wanted to point out that there is no moral high ground here. Both will create war, both will increase taxes, both will further divide the country.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The nerve you struck is pretending you care about Haiti. It's ridiculous. There's no way a single Trump supporter anywhere on the entire planet gives the slightest care about anyone in Haiti.

All Presidents create war. Welcome to Earth.

Nobody has divided this country worse than Trump. He points his finger at Hispanics, Muslims, Blacks, Women... he sh#ts on all of them.
edit on 14-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

"HYPERBOLE" Wes?....

He was emphasizing a point? About doing anything to women he wants because he is a star?

What does Donald say about Hyperbole?

" I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and it’s a very effective form of promotion.”
www.newyorker.com...

So what exactly was he promoting here?

Yes, hyperbole. Promoting? Himself. You're a psychologist of the armchair variety—look how well it worked on Billy Bush. He was elated. Trump plays to people's fantasies, as he admitted in the very book you just cited. Even you were duped by it.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join