It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you from this universe or a parallel one?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
OR.... your memory made a mistake and was influenced by mass media and pop culture? Hmm....

Sorry but this is an over simplification that doesn't explain anything. Unless mass media and pop culture planned to promote false information which cannot be the case here. They just got it wrong like everyone else for the same reason as everyone else.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Yes I do , error correcting is done by computers it's a code that ensures the vallity of data.
There is absolutely no reason for the universe to be 'sure' of data so in that way error correcting code is superflous something that has no function. (ps I can go deeper into detail if you know python ,cc++ ,pascal or objectorientated programming)

One of the main problems is that numbers are finite in a simulation like a 32bit integer. if one uses floats instead underflow errors evolve (think of it like a number too small for a type). To error corrects that by attaching a second number (think of it like a checksum). If the checksum has a value then the first number was not zero.

So basically we do calculations with lots of numbers and after carrying the 1 for the millionth time things start to get messy.
That's horrifically simplified so please tell me if I'm wrong.

I'm yet to see an equation showing how this could apply to theoretical physics. Can you explain what matter the universe is correcting?
To me it seems this error correction is more about fixing our own flawed maths, so that we would require this error correction in every equation with sufficient calculations.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

A correction to my point - SHEER NUMBER OF CASES nor or cases.

Now the explanation is patently self evident as are your example's, how many time's have skeptical opinion's on this and any other site posted the argument that these memory's are false, imagined or simply faulty.

Now to use myself as a subject I have had head injury's BUT I had clear recollection of the event's prior to these injury's.

As for the bible I remember God being portrayed far more the Stern but loving entity than the bible I see now which is almost koranic in it's nature compared to the one I remember, the book of Revelation had for example a being that is now not found in it with the number Seven Threescore and Seven whom was opposed to the beast and the kingdom of the beast and indeed in my reality one Eugene Terre'blanche the leader of the Boar white seperatists in south africa prior to the ending of Apartheid made the claim on a panorama TV interview that the white man was Seven Seven Seven while the black man was Six Six Six which was a patent and gross lie as well as blasphemous use and corruption of the bible.
I literally flew out of my chair in rage in fact being a rather religious guy at the time (but if there is an entity behind this I see the ultimate outcome for it as being it's own destruction by the word's of the Alpha and Omega about whomever remove's the least of these word's).
Note the flag of the south african Boar seperatist's and both it's NAZI symbolism and it's three seven's.
en.wikipedia.org...

Reality is not fixed I am sorry to tell you, Quantum event's change reality and there may be indeed enemy's of God at work in corrupting creation, some of us are not bound to the mechanism and are a little more free, more alive if you like than those that are simply part of the reality itself as they are obviously bound to it and change with it but both nature's have there upside's and downside's of course, we that see it change can struggle to cope as the river of reality changes course while those that move with it simply change with it to parse a coarse matophorical example of my thought's on the matter.

Now here is the main cunundrum I and other's face that have experiences these changes, we ourselves wonder how many changes we may have not detected and can of course never share our personal memory's with you except by typing on a keyboard so they will remain subjective and open to debate as well as easily dismissed.

Now first of all I do not ascribe to all of Ike's point's of view and think he is a very clever publicity seeker with a now substantial bank roll, clever indeed so take his site with even more salt than this one but here are some fine examples.
forum.davidicke.com...

As for how our memories effect our reality, well take a look at this.
www.dailymail.co.uk... ear-old-daughter-s-life.html

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

To me it seems this error correction is more about fixing our own flawed maths,

ok...

... error correction code is found , not added big difference! In discrete systems ECC has to be added. The math that is used is not discrete. Weŕe talking about the states within the simulation. Any simulation has finite states. Math however is continue has infinite states.

For instance :
If I use the bullet physical engine to calculate positions within a simulation I have to calculate more frames (subframes) than in the actual simulation. If I don't do that (yes flawed) I get objects that fall to the floor.

Although the classical mechanica used to simulate physical objects is completely known. Discrete states require always some kind of 'error correcting' (in this case subframes)

I also get a lot of other effects that remind me very strong at Quantum mechanica. As far as I understand James Gates it's ECC that makes our world more Classical mechanica like.

Conjecture :

Our universe is by nature Quantum mechanic and not local.
Something ? renders out states and 'saves' us from quantum effects.
is C connected with maximum speed of information within the Simulation ?

Metaphore:

I see It like the difference of calculating a integral stepwise (leads to error) and solving a integral.
Simple If nature can solve integrals why the heck does it need error correction

How to prove this is a simulation an idea :

One possible proof is it to create an extreme stress on a point.
In a simulation a zero is never zero but a zero vector sum. In a simulation every vector consumes resources. To zero out many force vectors at a very tiny point will slow down simulation. Effects should be measurable.
Maybe this might even reveal IF and WHY C is constant.

edit on 10132016 by frenchfries because: rus removed

edit on 10132016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I experience the Mandela Effect, and I'm sure the vast majority of people do. The effect can only be questioned by the most stubborn. The reason for the effect is what we should be looking at. The sheer number of cases supports my Mandolia theory perfectly.

But if we are just talking at each other there is no point in the conversation. Would you care to answer the point I brought up?
If South Africans don't think Mandela died in jail and the actor in the C3PO suit remembers the silver leg then being close to a topic and having more information about it MUST limit our ability to see or experience other dimensions.

How does the universe stop all the people with the surname Berenstain from accessing the dimension where it's Berenstein?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

... error correction code is found , not added big difference!

It's found within the superstring equations that we created.
We don't know if those equations are correct yet.

They could be and this could be proof of simulation however that's too big of a leap for me at this stage.
When the guy leading the research explains it to other scientists as "technical gobbledegook" I'm not sure there is much value in it yet. Definitely worth continuing the research but it's hardly solid at the moment.

If we are in a simulation we can't escape anyway so it doesn't really make too much difference. We still have to work with the reality we have.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm guessing Phage is the guy who goes into every thread with more than two pages and goes "NUH UH, THAT'S STUPIDER THAN MY AVATAR"?

Anyhow, I have experienced a few memory problems. It usually involves my mind going completely blank and I can't hack the fact out of that grey matter no matter how hard I try. I've also straight up forgotten things. This isn't a matter of forgetting or messing up a memory. This is a matter of straight up remembering distinct and impression-leaving events that spanned hours which now have happened differently. Gods I loathe defending myself when I know I'm not wrong.

Look. I drew a Minion, the terrible little yellow things from those movies that everyone's children would marry if they were people instead of movies, for my mother, because she HATES them and I LOVE annoying her. In the version of reality that I remember, after taunting her with the drawing, I folded it in half longways, crumpled it up, and chucked it in the trash. In the reality I live in, I never folded it, never crumpled it, and gave it to my mom. All of the other experiences can be written off as faulty memories, but for that one there is PHYSICAL AND ACTUAL PROOF that something beyond the scope of anything normal happened involving time, space, parallel universes, something, because I detected the anomaly within five minutes, screaming "HOW DID YOU GET THAT OUT OF THE TRASH". It was a serious event.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think when we dream we are in a parallel dimension. Sleep is when our body rests but our soul travels to those parallel dimensions.

S/F cool thread!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'll definitely admit that my memory is cruddy. That's why it's easy for me not to get sucked into this Mandela thing. Just boils down to a confectious brain fart.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: swords

Oh gosh. Don't hate the avatar, man. Why would you hate the avatar!?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Yes sorry my net connection is so slow it keep's cutting out so I cut it short earlier and to my shame never properly read your question as I had something domestic distracting me.

I don't know about C3P0 but something about that ring's a bell but as for nelson mandela I remember several scare's when he was in prison were his health was deteriorating on several occasion's, the SA authority's at the time would likely have liked to be rid of him but he had immense international support and regular visit's by international interest's.

I do know though that many time's there are story's that are spurious and not necessarily true, Larry Hagman was a well known actor (you know JR) whom while still alive had a rumor going around that he had died and there are several other personality's whom have been the subject of false story's/rumor's such as these and often it is just some rag sheet somewhere wanting a headline or else just a rumor that spread's like wildfire getting out of proportion then some source takes it seriously so it goes mainstream before being shown to be wrong.

Now I do not believe it is a subject which we can prove but give quantum theory enough time.

That name Beren-Stein is probably of Germanic origin why would anyone deliberately re-spell Stein as Stain though, OK maybe a dislike of germany, now I have read your posts about that but I myself being in England am actually not familiar with the series or characters so have no recollection of them either way.

As for limiting our view of other dimension's that is a very good point and bring's up other interesting possibility's about the nature of our consciousness as maybe we actually simultaneously live in multiple near dimensional reality's simultaneously as a single entity (not parallel entity's or versions of ourselves though they undoubtedly exist slightly further out) and some part of our consciousness navigates or direct's us as this would in part explain presience or prolepsis type experiences were people see or Remember the future as other form's of parallel existance may be not only slighty different but also slighty ahead in time relative to our own causality's.
It also offer's another form of ex-corporeal existence, if the body in one of those near dimension's dies or is destroyed the same shared consciousness then still may exist as the body though the supporting structural frame was only one of many so the body's that still live in the surrounding near reality's still provide the supporting structure, maybe it then gravitates out of that dimension or else maybe it actually become's a self resonating dimensional field with then become's self supporting, now I am not talking about quantum echoes or ghosts but the consciousness itself and this concept of it existing in multiple close reality's simultaneously would even suggest that this may indeed be the case, think of all those out of body experience's that patient's near death have?, ok it would not explain those but it would suggest at least the probability of some form of continued consciousness after the destruction or death of the body itself so this subject is by it's very nature far broader than simply what you call the Mandela effect.

Sorry about my spelling by the way I am terrible with a keyboard (and I have a large split design keyboard to help as if it was normal it would be even worse).

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

UMMM, no, you obviously don't understand the theory, because they haven't been correcting anyone for decades in the reality where it was Berenstein...

Jaden

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

I couldn't tell you what they have been doing in the reality where it was Berenstein. If you can I would be very curious to hear more.

I can speak of the reality where it is Berenstain however. And in that reality the creator of the Berenstain Bears was told by his teacher that his name was misspelt back in the 30's.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
That name Beren-Stein is probably of Germanic origin why would anyone deliberately re-spell Stein as Stain though, OK maybe a dislike of germany, now I have read your posts about that but I myself being in England am actually not familiar with the series or characters so have no recollection of them either way.

The name is Ukrainian with a slavic pronunciation.

As for limiting our view of other dimension's that is a very good point...

It's not a very good point if it supports any crazy alternate dimension theories. (Which it doesn't)
I was just pointing out the paradox in that thinking.

Although I do accept that it has the circular logic appeal of many religions which is why the Mandela Effect is scary. There are a bunch of people waiting for a narrative to be built around the Mandela Effect and these conversations will move from skunkworks to religion soon enough.

No need to apologise about spelling etc. that's irrelevant.

The views you have on quantum mechanics are interesting and you may understand quantum mechanics better than I do (which isn't hard) however what you wrote doesn't give me that impression. Quantum mechanics is counter intuitive because we don't have the senses required for it to make sense.

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: swords

I remember Berenstein Bears.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

hmmm... dont understand that. I Just follow my feeling something is very wrong with this reality.

Never trust your thoughts and feelings!
'Reality' is a reflection of Us!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

hmmm... thoughts and feelings are very valuable for me. Tell me what exactly do you mean ?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Very true indeed and of course every person is a universe unto themselves.
Created in the image of God we partially create our reality around us.

A photon when observed according to theoretical physics (quantum) behaves as a particle but when not directly observed it behaves as a waveform, some theorise that it is a transitional state and exists across the boundaries of several nearby reality's which is how in the famous aperture slit test it created a complete interferance pattern even when one aperture is blocked as if the photon can slip between the reality's in which the other slit is blocked and the one in which that slit is blocked, human observation = consciousness does seem to have an effect upon the quantum state, indeed it is best described in Schrodinger's famous analogy of the cat in the box, a cat is placed into a closed box with a bottle of cyanide and you do not know if the cat is alive or dead until you directly observe it so while not observed it exists in a potential state in which it is both alive and it is dead, observing it determine's the state of the cat and very well maybe also diverges reality into one where it is dead and one where it is alive.

In fact it is to parse a coarse analogy as if the consciousness creates a kind of quantum band pass filter in which only one state of reality can exist.

My idea about the black hole's was that when they form there is a region called an event horizon that seperates a true black hole or quantum singularity from the universe around it, essentially anything reaching this point is pulled out of existance but due to time dilation the information will linger on it's horizon never actually completing it's fall into the black hole until the universe itself end's but of course a true black hole may or may not exist and there may actually only be false black holes which are simply dense gravity well's called brown hole's but I digress, at this point were all is pulled out of existance only the raw membrane of the universe remain's, all quantum oscillation's are essentially neutralized and any dimensional divergeance between parallel reality's (in which the true black hole exists) is essentially nullified so they must therefore re-merge into a singular reality.
It is therefore feasible to speculate that as this happen's at the birth of the black hole a birth pulse of gravity or a massive gravity wave that is different to normal gravity due to it's multi reality nature must therefore spread outward like ripples on a pond through the reality's in which this true black hole has formed and this may in fact enact a kind of re-merging of those reality's where they are close enough and similar enough for there differences to be re-mergable, it also offers a counter balance to the idea of constant universal parallel reality formation though it would be limited by being tied to the birth of True black hole's which though less frequent by a vast number than quantum multiplicity must by nevertheless act upon multiple sidereal reality's simultaneously.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

hmmm... thoughts and feelings are very valuable for me. Tell me what exactly do you mean ?

Well, first of all, 'feelings' are 'thoughts'.
Segundo, 'thought' is necessarily dualistic.
Reality is necessarily Holistic, One, the Singularity. God. Consciousness.
Thought looks through a 'grid' of discrimination and imagines things vs other things that are not those things. That imagines us to be autonomous in the Universe, us 'and' the rest of the Universe.
Thought discriminates a Universe of things, unaffected by thought.
Schizophrenia is the fragmentation of that which is One!
If we 'believe' our thoughts and feelings, we become insane.
We will be called, for the last 130,000 years, schizo-sapiens. Irony.
Realizing that duality is the nature of thought/feelings, and realizing that Reality/Truth is One, we can live sanely.
All forms of health; physical, mental, emotional, spiritual... is predicated on the ability to Love, unconditionally (Enlightenment)!
Love assimilates all that it falls upon, unites All into One Universal Self.
Insanity/belief is divisive. UnLoving/unhealthy.
Just look at man's history since 'thought possessed' those happy mindless apes on your pretty blue planet!

There are thoughts that offer a cornucopia of warm fuzzy great feelings, satisfaction, epiphany, waves and waves of understanding, the answers to all questions... and when thought has you well addicted, it rips you new orifices (we are our worst critics), it judges, discriminates everything and everyone (even ourselves), it places you (a figment of thought) at the top of the human (now) hierarchy, and harming others and the rest of the environment is no more or less than your due!
It just gets deeper and deeper the more that you give it it's head, until you are completely insane.
Life is a beautiful nightmare, but it's only a 'dream/imagination', after all...
Make any sense? *__-

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Very true indeed and of course every person is a universe unto themselves.

You must be speaking metaphorically, poetically, as a literal Universe is ALL inclusive of all existence/Reality/Truth.
All the Omni's, We Are One! *__-

Created in the image of God we partially create our reality around us.

I understand that you are expressing your beliefs, but you have wandered far from physics and philosophy with that statement.
Philosophically, scientifically, 'creation' (notice that I didn't say 'God'!) is impossible.

In fact it is to parse a coarse analogy as if the consciousness creates a kind of quantum band pass filter in which only one state of reality can exist.

Everything exists!
Reality, and as many 'states' thereof/therein that you'd like to imagine, exist in/as the One all inclusive Universal Reality.
What the ancients have called it is a state of "undifferentiated potential" (which is what quantum is just discovering). Like a 'cloud' that appears perfectly homogenous in it's voidness; it is was and always will be; 'undifferentiated potential'!
It is that each and every Perspective is unique. All Perspectives perceive the One Reality, but it is a unique Perspective every moment of Universal existence!
Because we cannot see anything of the Universe but the bit before our awareness, our awareness 'differentiates' the potential into what we observe. Not 'physically, not 'Really' does the 'cloud' form rocks and suns, but that is our (ignorant) experience. Knowledge is experience, at the moment, ignorance is all that we do not perceive at the moment.
It's all 'imaginary, a dream...
Example;
'Point to the left'.
Easy.
Note where you are pointing.
Now turn 1 degree and point to the left.
Again note the results.
Now another degree, etc...
And another 1/4 of a degree...
Turn in every possible direction, on every possible axis!
It turns out that every direction is 'left', 'left' is a 'cloud needing a particular Perspective to have any 'direction' at all!
Now point to the 'right'!
Same drill!
Note that the exact same cloud of 'left', is also, at the same moment, a cloud of 'right'!
And a cloud of 'up'!
And a cloud of 'down'...
Do the experiment!

The only 'distinctions' that can even be called 'left' or 'right', OR 'up' and 'down'... are a matter of Perspective!

Ultimately, We are One (unchanging (motionless), all inclusive) 'Cloud'/Reality!!

...it also offers a counter balance to the idea of constant universal parallel reality formation..

Every moment of Universal existence exists Now!

"The Laws of Nature are not rules controlling the metamorphosis of what is, into what will be. They are descriptions of patterns that exist, all at once... " - Genius; the Life and Science of Richard Feynman
All 'eternity' at once; Here! Now!!

There is only one moment (Planck moment = 10^-43/sec; "almost" one billion trillion trillion trillionths of a second!!!) of the entirety of existence/Reality/the Universe!
All existence, ever, is one, literally, 'timeless' moment!
Now!
All existence, ever, IS The Singularity!
No 'time', no 'motion'...

"Reality is a synchrony of moments!" - Book of Fudd

edit on 15-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join