It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you from this universe or a parallel one?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pretty arrogant, actually, to think otherwise.

hmmm... kinda funny remark coming from you.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: swords
I swapped universes and now live in the one where the clerk who recorded their family name in English when they emigrated to the US decided on A instead of E, where I come from.

This is also provably wrong. It was spelled Berenstain as an attempt to phonetically get the ukranian pronunciation according to one of the Berenstain clan.

[My great-grandparents] were Ukrainian Jews who emigrated [to the U.S.] in the late 19th century, fleeing the pogroms and persecution of Jews in Ukraine at that time. And they pronounced the name with a Slavic-coloured pronunciation. They pronounced it something like “Ber’nsheytn.” The family tradition was simply that [Berenstain] was an attempt to phonetically spell that particular pronunciation of the name.

Interestingly the author of the Berenstain Bears was told by his teacher in elementary school that his last name was incorrect and she refused to spell it correctly. That was in the 30's.

Well, actually the earliest I know about it is in my mother and father’s autobiography where my dad wrote a section about when he was in elementary school. His elementary school teacher said that his name was spelled incorrectly and that she was changing it to “Berenstein,” and that she wouldn’t recognize the spelling of his name in her class because there was no such name.

news.nationalpost.com...

edit on 13-10-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

edit on 13-10-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

hmmm... kinda funny remark coming from you.

Really.

I'm from this Universe. I do not trust my own memory to have any reason to think otherwise.

I know my memory lies to me.

edit on 10/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: swords

Not dissing the possibility of parallel universes, it's just the layman's idea that we can just casually, and inadvertently, travel between them. How is that even possible?

What happens to the other 'you' in the other universe?

It doesn't matter how similar or dissimilar the two (or more) worlds are, you can only inhabit one of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
What's more logical: That your memory is faulty (just like everyone's is), or that you're from a parallel universe, and somehow ended up replacing the you from this universe...

Smh

I have a feeling you're a concoction of two different AdmireTheDistance's from alternate realities rolled into one, because no one that writes the post I just quoted votes for Trump.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Subjective :

For me , I noticed mandela in 2014 but the world started to feelt different in 2007-2009. Again something 2016 june.
I try not to look for ME effects anymore. I've sight and start to see that a lot of people feel empty. Whether it's me not connecting to them or it's them idk. However people that do connect are very intense. This makes me feel like i'm literraly from a different universe

Objective :

www.npr.org... -explains-why-parallel-universes-may-exist

Mandela is a real effect but what it is IDK.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I know my memory lies to me.

no no... memory in general. Also computer memory Google. But hey why can't it be both bad memory and twisted P-branes

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: swords
a reply to: namelesss

I find it ironic that you mention scientific literacy and godliness in the same breath as virtues, when they are in fact antitheses to each other.

Rather than sitting in your quiet corner giggling at your perceived irony, if you'd ever like to actually learn why and how you are only giggling from/in ignorance, let me know! *__-

edit on 13-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries
Bumping branes (and naughty bits) creates Universes (and babies), it doesn't cross them.

Stay away from silly fantasies and pay more attention to the actual fantasy of strings.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Objective :

www.npr.org

Not 'objective' in the least.
Not anything/one is, or can be, 'objective'. Ever.
That was a failed science 'ideal' (the 'objective observer'), until quantum proved it impossible!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Mandela is a real effect but what it is IDK.

A brilliant yet extremely conceited man coined the term "Mandolia".

Mandolia (man-DOH-lee-a) is a psychological phenomenon involving a stimulus wherin the mind assumes an error where none exists. This results in the mind correcting this "error" and adapting memories to accommodate the unwarranted correction.

That's the best explanation I can see for the Mandela Effect.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

And now we have.

Stay away from silly fantasies and pay more attention to the actual fantasy of strings.

=

Look , who are You to decide what a silly fantasy is ??? and what an actual fantasy is ???
You don't know it all know one does...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

hmmm... dont understand that. I Just follow my feeling something is very wrong with this reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

You don't know it all know one does...

I know that it's silly to attribute flaws in memory to crossing timelines, or universes.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I played about 1x365x4 = 1460 hours with a C3PO action figure. I never saw his silver leg. met the figure in Munchen no silver leg ! Saw all star wars movies a dozen times NO silver leg either. Had a C3p0 poster in my room. Last year he suddenly had a silver leg really ??? No way!

Mandolia doesn't explain a thing it just states that people are 'bonkers' in an eufemistic way.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I know that it's silly to attribute flaws in memory to crossing timelines, or universes.

Silly is an emotional response!

But hey you don't know if it is a flaw in memory. Example :
Wayback machine is updating pages dynamically. Request on page is NOT the same as the original. Someone calls it a mandela effect ,yes it is but not flaw in memory.

What if we live in a simulation ? Can you disprove that I don't think so. Partronizing people that think outside the box doesn't help. I wont stay away from 'silly' fantasies. BTW ATS is full of 'silly' fantasies I love them

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Mandolia doesn't explain a thing it just states that people are 'bonkers' in an eufemistic way.

It explains why everyone has similar recollection which I think is the most interesting thing about the Mandela Effect. People who say it's "bad" memory are just as wrong as people who believe they can sense what reality "should" be.

Regarding the C3PO toy however, it was probably all one colour. The extra paint costs for something no one notices anyway would be kinda pointless. (Depending on which actual toy it was)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

What if we live in a simulation ? Can you disprove that I don't think so.

If it can't be proved or disproved it is a bad theory with no value.

There is no evidence at this stage that it is possible to create such an intricate simulation. If we ever reach that level then with each simulation we make, the odds we are in the real one drops. Bring in ET's to the mix and the odds drop exponentially.

However until we actually get there it's just a bunch of stoners saying "wouldn't it be cool if.....".

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It explains why everyone has similar recollection which I think is the most interesting thing about the Mandela Effect.

I wish it was that simple... just a bit Adhominem and solved.

.... not only similar recollection but also similar bad translations ... bad jokes ... references in movies that arent there anymore etc...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

However until we actually get there it's just a bunch of stoners saying "wouldn't it be cool if.....".

Really ? So you have to hear from some scientist to say we live in a simulation. Do you really think they're gonna share that with Gen Pop ?

We either live in a simulation or we don't !

For me it's a sign when people like Elon musk are taking this theory serious.
Adinkras and error correction code embedded in the universe hmmm and a few years late ME effects ?!.... looks like prove to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join