It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you from this universe or a parallel one?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
.... not only similar recollection but also similar bad translations ... bad jokes ... references in movies that arent there anymore etc...

Isn't that all recollection? In every case that I'm aware of what people "remember" is easier to process.

Mandolia is based on that principle. I was able to use it to find another ME, the pizza chain Domino's I think of incorrectly as Dominoes because it makes more sense to me. So based on that alone it is far more useful than any wacky dimension theory, unless I'm missing one that has proven effectual in any way.

I explain away the braces in 007 as I think people fabricated that to give the geek and Jaws something to bond over. That's a pretty weak argument for that instance but that's the only example I've seen where it isn't crystal clear why people think something.

The fact that we can prove our brains ignore superfluous information and the fact that the Mandela Effect only seems to happen with superfluous information probably isn't a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

looks like prove to me.

Good for you.

Now what?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: swords

Although, the whole Stein/Stain DID catch my attention, I can't say I've ever experienced the Mandela Effect the way some others seem to have.

The closest I've come is confusing MY memoires with my sister's o_O. It's happened multiple times to both of us. Either her or I would recall some memory where one if us was doing something in particular but the other was absolutely sure it was reversed.

I tell you what, we have had many arguments over who did what and it's pretty aggravating especially when I KNOW it is my memory!

Weird but oh well, I guess. I have no explanation for it so it doesn't bother me too bad. Just don't appreciate my sister taking credit for MY memoires!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

I have "memories" that I can't really have because I was far too young at the time.

Memories based on family photos. Memories based on family stories.

I also just remember things wrong.

edit on 10/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Really ? So you have to hear from some scientist to say we live in a simulation. Do you really think they're gonna share that with Gen Pop ?

We either live in a simulation or we don't !

For me it's a sign when people like Elon musk are taking this theory serious.
Adinkras and error correction code embedded in the universe hmmm and a few years late ME effects ?!.... looks like prove to me.

I didn't say we have to hear from a scientist.
Just that we don't know if a simulation that intricate is even possible. There's no lifelike simulations that we know of, and there's one existence that we know of. At this stage the "educated" chances we are in a simulation are 0. That may change in the future and in 50years the odds we are not in a simulation could be 1 in a billion+.

And ME effects aren't new. Stan Berenstain was told in the 30's that his last name was incorrect. Sounds like Disproof to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

At this stage the "educated" chances we are in a simulation are 0.

hmmm... not 0 me thinks...Consider this...

One reason contributing to the popularity of this discovery, aside from the strangeness of it, is that Dr. S James Gates Jr. was not looking for evidence of the Simulation hypothesis and yet he stumbled upon it anyway. Independent discoveries like this lend greater credibility to the findings than when a supporter uncovers them simply because a supporter has a greater chance of introducing bias. But then again, the measurement problem seems to indicate that we cannot escape bias, and this is yet another issue surrounding the simulation argument.

simulation theory

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

....and also good for you.

Namaste Brother

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

He states that the work he is doing is so theoretical that it may not be possible to prove.
My point stands. Proven Simulations = 0, Our existence = 1.

I'm not saying we aren't in a simulation, just that we have no solid reason to believe we are "yet".

It's equally pointless to say that we are living in a cartoon and each Planck unit of time is an animation cell.
It's not impossible but there's no reason to say it is possible.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

and the fact that the Mandela Effect only seems to happen with superfluous information probably isn't a coincidence.

In case of translation information is not superfluous but essential! Putting it al on faulty brains is simply not true and way to simple.... Example.

There are cases in which information was altered:
Wayback machine has altered pages due to dynamic webpages... people did remember it right Wayback machine was wrong in this case.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

people did remember it right Wayback machine was wrong in this case.

False.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I'm not saying we aren't in a simulation, just that we have no solid reason to believe we are "yet".

ahhh I see... Well I beg to differ.
For me it's more or less proven. But that's a very long story.

It's not impossible but there's no reason to say it is possible.

Good one... But why do scientists stumble onto facts that seem to prove this is a simulation ? Should we ignore that ? Or should we embrace the possibility to understand our universe at a deeper level ?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So something recording history inaccurately is proof of alternate dimensions?

I think I'm missing your point here.

It's not "faulty" brains. If it was just a fault then there wouldn't be the consistency we see.
Every time we remember something we re-create it. Whilst we probably have the storage capacity to remember every tiny detail it would slow us down considerably so we remember the main points and fill in the gaps on the fly.

The people who never experience any Mandela Effect are the faulty ones.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you're wrong and don t even know why let me explain :

Dynamic webpage updating... changed premium members to core members on deviantart.com..
wayback machine showed it was always core members which wasnt true. people started to shout mandela.
I contacted deviantart.com and waybackmachine. they told me that dynamic items in webpages are recreated. So if a dynamic pageitem changes in 2016 it will also change in the wayback machine even so all items in before change to coremembership (2014) also became coremembership.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

"Are you from this universe or a parallel one?"

Cant we be from both or even an infinite amount of other universe?

After all if the multiverse theory hold any weight which quantum mechanics seems to suggest then there are probobly quite a few iterations of ourselves inhabiting an untold amount of other places.

Don't know about them interacting with one another or this supposed Mandela effect all the same.
edit on 13-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Good one... But why do scientists stumble onto facts that seem to prove this is a simulation ? Should we ignore that ? Or should we embrace the possibility to understand our universe at a deeper level ?

We should definitely not ignore it. Gaining understanding is the most important thing we can do.

But can you explain how this error correcting thing is proof? Do you actually understand it?

What if the error correction thing is just the best way around a problem and just like flys and birds have wings brought about through vastly different processes the same could apply here.

I don't mean to be rude, I don't understand the error correction thing either and the fact that the guy who found it can't explain it clearly leads me to doubt it. But even if it is 100% correct it could just be an example of convergence and only proves that similar problems have similar solutions.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I do not know if a Parallel universe origin is the only explanation, I remember dripless spout's on kettle's, tea pot's and tetra pack's a simply invention (by a working class English inventor whom became very wealth as a consequence of some very clever patenting and a very lucrative deal with Tetra pack and Tefal in the UK and several other company's in the rest of the world) that utilized the surface cohesion of low viscosity liquid's in conjunction with the shape of a small ridge on the lip of the spout to prevent the formation of drip's when a fluid was poured.

Oh the sky was Blue and the sun DID have a yellow golden tinge and not the white hot feeling it has now, the bible has several passages and entire book's that I clearly recollect differently and many other thing's.

Now the skeptical will in there opinion put it down to faulty rational and false memory's and for some instances this may be correct but definitely not for the sheer number or cases.

Now for me I have an idea that our reality may be a CONVERGENT reality and by that I mean that it may have several different reality's that were forced together by some quantum event, if this is the case then our reality's no longer exist except within us and the combinant nature of our current reality.

Now there is the idea of parallel reality's being spawned by every alternative reaction but there has been little theoretical work on parallel reality coming back together and merging.

The formation of massive (True not lesser Brown hole's) black hole's or regional black hole's may be one cause for a re merging of those reality's in which they form as at there event horizon any different between these reality's is non existant and from the point in time and from there birth these quantum singularity's may birth a quantum gravitational reality wave that zip's these reality's back together but with a random quantum drift and variable branching being the effect.

So I do believe I was born in and lived in a different reality but if it can still exist - somewhere and if I am therefore like yourself a lost soul - a robinson crusoe whom suddenly found myself living another person's life in the chaos of quantum multiplicity I do not know.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

But can you explain how this error correcting thing is proof? Do you actually understand it?

Yes I do , error correcting is done by computers it's a code that ensures the vallity of data.
There is absolutely no reason for the universe to be 'sure' of data so in that way error correcting code is superflous something that has no function. (ps I can go deeper into detail if you know python ,cc++ ,pascal or objectorientated programming)

One of the main problems is that numbers are finite in a simulation like a 32bit integer. if one uses floats instead underflow errors evolve (think of it like a number too small for a type). To error corrects that by attaching a second number (think of it like a checksum). If the checksum has a value then the first number was not zero.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

We either live in a simulation or we don't !

Very true, and to Phage's point - what is the more logical, likely of the two?

For me it's a sign when people like Elon musk are taking this theory serious.

He's only giving his opinion. He hasn't produced, so far as I can find, any definitive proof or even theoretical evidence of this. He's only volunteered his opinion.

Adinkras and error correction code embedded in the universe hmmm and a few years late ME effects ?!.... looks like prove to me.

You'v drawn your own links there - there is still zero evidence of ME as a scientific phenomena. And again, what's more plausible -- timeline shifts, people traversing universes (universii ?) to report that Vader said, Luke, I am your Father (wrong!)

OR.... your memory made a mistake and was influenced by mass media and pop culture? Hmm....

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Following the mainstream is sooo easy. Logic is based on information , you just assume we (gen pop) know it all

He's only giving his opinion. He hasn't produced, so far as I can find, any definitive proof or even theoretical evidence of this. He's only volunteered his opinion.

As I do... and I take this as a sign that there is something going on. I don´t think he will ever produce any proof even if has found it. Do you think he is in it for cookies ? Look science isn't transparant the scientific community is more like a religion. However if one connects the dots a different picture emerges.

Gen pop however brainwashed as they are will never make that connection.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Now the skeptical will in there opinion put it down to faulty rational and false memory's and for some instances this may be correct but definitely not for the sheer number or cases.

Would you have an example of such a case?
Every example of people experiencing the Mandela Effect seems to involves trivial information to the person experiencing it.

Why don't South Africans think Mandela died in jail?
Why does Anthony Daniels remember C3PO's leg being silver?

Basically we have 2 options which cover both of our opinions.

1. My theory basically says that the more relevant the information is to you, the less likely you are to remember incorrectly.

2.Your theory states that the more relevant the information is to you, the less likely you are to experience the alternate dimension.

If it's option 2, we should be shielding ourselves from as much information as possible. Everything we learn to be true closes doors to information from alternate dimensions. The only way to have access to as much information as possible is to learn nothing so we can have equal access to all the dimensions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join