It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Restaurant Recipes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wown 2 posts in and I already have to do this. If you have helpful suggestions or recipes, please add them here. If you just want to complain about something without trying it, please go to the Mud Pit. Not looking for that in the cooking forum. Be nice plz

Hello All, like the title states, I'm looking for restaurant quality recipes. I'm not looking for "better than restaurant" (they usually aren't), and nothing from Top Secret Recipes either because those tend to be terrible. I'm specifically looking for restaurant Indian or Mexican food, but I'll take anything you can get! I'll start us off with Noodles & Company's Buttered Noodles recipe.

Buttered Noodles
Chicken Breast, diced (2)
Egg Noodles (1 Lb)
Butter, melted (1 stick)
Garlic Salt (1 Tbsp)
Italian Seasoning (1 Tbsp)
Parmesan Cheese, shredded (1 Cup)

Directions
> Cook the noodles according to the package, drain
> Cook the chicken breasts (I use my George Foreman grill for expediency), then either dice them or cut them into strips
> Melt the butter in a small dish
> Toss the noodles with the butter
> Separate the noodles into bowls, top with cheese, and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute each
> Sprinkle each dish to taste with garlic salt and Italian seasoning
> Top with chicken
> Bon appetite!
edit on 12-10-2016 by Rookseven because: (adding request for politeness)

edit on 12-10-2016 by Rookseven because: Politeness plz

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

If a restaurant gave me this dish, I would send it back.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That does not strike me as a restaurant quality recipe, particularly since you are using a microwave.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The seasonings are exactly what they use at Noodles. You might want to try it before berating it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven
The seasonings are exactly what they use at Noodles. You might want to try it before berating it.

No thank you. Any place that uses a microwave to prepare their food is not my kind of restaurant.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thanks for your post, very informative.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
If a restaurant gave me this dish, I would send it back.

I get the feeling you wouldn't be patronizing a fast food noodle outlet to begin with.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sounds kinda good. I get sick of eating fancy pants food after cooking it all day. I'd skip the microwave step though. I think they drain nutrients out of the food.

edit on 12-10-2016 by PeachesNCream because: Didn't mean to edit.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sure I would...if it was a ramen shop. I can't make ramen.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If you want nice, restaurant quality recipes, Bon Appetit magazine features one or two every month.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sure I would...if it was a ramen shop. I can't make ramen.

I don't consider ramen shops fast food since the broth takes hours to prepare. Noodle Factory is probably using Sysco-quality crap at their 400+ locations.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Vietnamese dish with no fish sauce! May have to try that one.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hey! That prepackaged, bottled sauce promoted consistency over all those franchises!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Why leave out the fish sauce?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I used to scrap restaurant kitchens, I don't eat at restaurants anymore.

Someone will be sure to tell me the one they frequent thats really expensive doesn't have dead rats and roaches under their counter.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Weeelll laaa de da aint we fancy here! Dorks..

I have several recipes OP if you tell me what sort of thing you like. I sure dont mind sharing if I can find what you want. I also have a lot of family recipes, camping recipes, and etc.

I just like Panera's Onion Soup.. I could overdose on it. I did this recipe with some little tweaks and served them in smallish medium bread bowls at a lunch I gave a few weeks ago. Good reviews from folks on it AND you can eat the bowl. LOL!

Panera Bread French Onion Soup

Ingredients

4 tablespoons butter
4 pounds yellow onions , chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
32 ounces beef stock
14.5 ounces chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons beef base
Croutons
Cheese (Combine these two cheeses in a bowl, and mix well)
1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
1 tablespoon asiago cheese
Directions

In a large stock pot over medium-high heat add chopped onions and butter. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the onions. Saute the onions for about 20 minutes, or until they have become golden brown. Add 1 tablespoon of flour, and stir to coat the onions with flour. Cook for the flour for another minute or until it becomes fragrant like pie crust.

Add in the beef stock, chicken stock, beef base, and thyme. Reduce heat to a low temperature. Cook the soup for another 15 to 20 minutes.

Before serving top with croutons and shredded cheeses.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hey! That prepackaged, bottled sauce promoted consistency over all those franchises!

Awesome. I bet a lot of love goes into pressing 'time cook/45 seconds/start'.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Pork Tacos
-From a taco truck near my house

In a roasting pan, sear a pork butt in lard over high heat until brown on all sides. Set aside.
Lower heat and add large diced onions, a handful of garlic cloves, a handful of brown sugar, four or five cloves, the juice from three oranges and the oranges themselves. Cover with foil and move to a 300 degree oven and braise until done.

When done, rest and pull.

Once you put pork in the oven to braise:

Chop a red onion into small dice and place into container. Add a pinch of salt and the juice of of three or four limes. Cover and refrigerate while they pickle.

Grab a small cup of plain greek yogurt and add the juice from half a lime and the zest from that half. Refrigerate.

Wrap corn tortillas in a foil pouch and warm in the oven when the pork is pulled.

When it's time to eat place pork in a warm tortilla and top with pickled red onions and some 'sour cream' add some cilantro leaves and a couple small wedges of avocado.

Tacos.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Awesome. I bet a lot of love goes into pressing 'time cook/45 seconds/start'.

Instant chef.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The super krystal:
Heat a skillet to medium
Place a dollop of butter in the skillet
When the butter melts, add a little salt and pepper to your burger patty, then place the patty in the skillet.
When the burger is ready to flip, flip it and add diced onion on top of the patty.
When the burger is cooked on that side, flip it over being careful to make sure you flip it on top of the onion.
Take your bun, and turn the bottom side upside down on the burger and put the top bun right side up on top of the bottom bun. Pour a half once of water in the skillet and cover for a couple minutes. This steams the bun.
After two minutes or so, uncover and scoop the entire thing up on your spatula. Pick up the top bun in your off hand, and flip onto a plate. At this point, you should have bun, burger, onion layer. Replace top bun.
Let stand for a minute, then add pickles and mustard. Cheese too, if you like that.
Now this last step is the most important: take a second and admire your work. It undoubtedly looks amazing. Then, sit down and enjoy your super sized krystal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join