It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon go responsible for future healthcare crisis!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Source?

You need to provide a source in your OP.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Source?

You need to provide a source in your OP.

The study

Other sources:

As stated in the OP, "A new study from Microsoft Research"
journal of medicine

pokemon go retention

Money

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
"The Microsoft researchers see tremendous promise for games to improve public health, given the importance of reaching inactive Americans."

"Physical activity helps people maintain a healthy weight and reduces the risk for several chronic diseases."

"Higher daily step count was linearly associated with subsequent long term mortality among free living adults. These data are the first to quantify mortality reductions using an objective measure of physical activity in a free living population. They strongly underscore the importance of physical inactivity as a major public health problem."

Weird, all your sources say it would reduce health problems and chronic disease?
edit on 12-10-2016 by swimquixotic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The numbers you quote don't give any kind of perspective other than 'wow that's a lot'.

Why the collectives? why not averages...
There's an average of 194 steps per day which is really nothing, one tenth of a mile?

Private healthcare ftw.
Can't trust government, especially when it comes to your health

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok, now you're making my head hurt.
Exercise adds healthy days to your life. Healthy. It does not increase the duration of your final illness. Why would anybody exercise if it was going to increase their suffering at the end of life?

You're just messing with me now, aren't you?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: subject x
Ok, now you're making my head hurt.
Exercise adds healthy days to your life. Healthy. It does not increase the duration of your final illness. Why would anybody exercise if it was going to increase their suffering at the end of life?

You're just messing with me now, aren't you?

I would never do that. This problem is just to important.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm going to stop replying after this but it seems obvious that OP is just a hater. If people are too unhealthy everyone complains that they are a drain, if they are too healthy they are also a drain. It's just hate for hate's sake, no logic involved. OMG it's the other, get 'em! Yeah, no.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I offered up a humorous counterpoint to adding 41.4 days to millions of lives. Then # got REAL.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Pokemon Go was popular in the first month and a half when it was the new thing and everyone crowded everywhere, some incidents and accidents were had then it all calmed down to the point where nothing happens now, it happens to all new fads.

Actually people got fit and healthy during that time with many many people dropping considerable amounts of weight from non-stop walking and running around of all ages and sexes just like what we use to do as kids pre-1999.

Maybe many of those people jumped back to their original weights however the ones that did not would be enough to most likely offset any medical costs on the various institutes around the world with also many upping their self-esteem about the loss and keeping it off leading to a host of many other good mental effects also.

So yeah there are good sides and bad sides to fads, but it seems just like nature it manages to even out if left alone.
edit on 12-10-2016 by MuonToGluon because: SP

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Actually once a human gets a Pokemon go creature, they have just walked across a ley-line node point. Once the little demon jumps into their body they are super healthy. Its the un-possessed stupid humans that walk off cliffs and into cars. Once the demon is in them, the last thing it is going to do is kill itself.

Look at all the reports coming through where dead bodies have been found at Pokemon Go spawn points.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

If any pokemon go player walked up my stairs to catch 'em all then i'll give them some extra steps to fall down.

This is not a game-this is an app and i've my suspicions that the folk behind pokemon go may be in bed with someone to bolster smartphone sales. It's like when people spend a thousand dollars on a treadmill when they can walk around the block free of charge.

This whole 'getting kids off the couch' is nonsense. I've been playing 'real' video games for 26 years and whenever a loading screen shows up I lift dumbbells or jog on the spot. Laziness is not the problem; it's the lack of ingenuity.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You get fitter killing the evil demons!.
(see sig).
edit on 12-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So basically, you want more people to die faster. Got it.
I always ask people who want to reduce the population or say the planet would be so much better without humans.........what are you still doing here?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDemon
laughed my ass off at the end! ever considered there could be a demon in you, I mean I would be more scared of you if I met you in the middle of the woods, with that look on your face

As for the yellow bear with the sneezing, just set it on fire already!

edit on 12-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yes the joy stabbing it was no acting.
Just wait til the 30 minute movie I'm making to follow up they are all dead the Trainers also.

Oh and yes we did scare quite a few people rambling in the woods some even ran.
edit on 12-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I was more talking about the last two sentence (don´t want to spoil) ^^. Watched the kissiedan, you know what will benefit the soundtrack? Wilhelm screams, wilhelm screams everywhere! You know, champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part for you xD

edit on 12-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hold on a minute, you're telling us to stay inside (where most accidents happen) to keep us safe from a healthy lifestyle, which is a burden on the healthcare system which is plagued by unhealthy lifestyles?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I forgot about that
gonna use it
Cheers man.

Oh and OP the more healthy people are the more they work pay tax etc. It is the system that has broken because most have paid more than enough in and somehow the pot is empty.
We will have old people riots when I'm old.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

originally posted by: subject x
So where's the crisis?

Our economy is already stresses by supporting all the dying but not dead baby boomers... I imagine complete economic collapse when the "Nerd phenomenon" reaches critical mass. This may be a clever ploy by the Japanese to get revenge for WW2.

I thought their revenge was the ferbies in the nineties, remember how they were spying on us?

Oh wait that wasn't real, never mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
Hospice alone would cost medicare an extra 3.8 BILLION a DAY without any inflation. How is that not a crisis?

Because people who live longer are likely in good health longer. Nothing about this indicated an increase in "time infirm." Where do you get the idea that more steps would lead to a longer period of time in hospice before death?

Reminds me of people who refer to smoking only taking off the "worst years" - its quite obviously not true. It just makes more of the younger years bad, makes people feel older than they are for longer and makes them die younger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join