It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon go responsible for future healthcare crisis!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: verschickter

I forgot about that
gonna use it
Cheers man.

Oh and OP the more healthy people are the more they work pay tax etc. It is the system that has broken because most have paid more than enough in and somehow the pot is empty.
We will have old people riots when I'm old.

I hope you're in the same age range as me. I think it would be awesome to participate in old people riots. Old women knocking Lyft cars out of the sky with their handbags, old men bashing in holo-projectors with their canes.

Count me in.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

OH NO! A RIOT!! A VERY SLOWLY APPROACHING RIOT!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Hey it is in about 25/35 years we will all be like the six million dollar man all cybered up.
But we do have a massive problem with care at least in the UK so many adult/disabled homes just can not make money so the companies that own them are just selling up over a 1000 closed in the past year here.
Including my company.(up for sale).
I see trouble with the amount of people who will look after folk because the amount of people who are leaving because of the work conditions are that bad...
So many are realising they can work at aldi get paid more and not get bettered or abused for a living.
Sod it by that time I will rob a bank and If caught they can keep me fed and watered.
edit on 12-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Hey it is in about 25/35 years we will all be like the six million dollar man all cybered up.
But we do have a massive problem with care at least in the UK so many adult/disabled homes just can not make money so the companies that own them are just selling up over a 1000 closed in the past year here.
Including my company.(up for sale).
I see trouble with the amount of people who will look after folk because the amount of people who are leaving because of the work conditions are that bad...
So many are realising they can work at aldi get paid more and not get bettered or abused for a living.
Sod it by that time I will rob a bank and If caught they can keep me fed and watered.

In minnesota they just imported a bunch of somoli's

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

We have people from all over it's cool.
You know of logans run?.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

We have people from all over it's cool.
You know of logans run?.

Yes, and I would be LOOONG gone.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I have thought about this and I think when I can't help or am too much of a burden I will do myself in.
The earth belongs to the young and I do not want them to not have while I just suffer and take.

But I got many a fightin year in me left yet !.
edit on 12-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

originally posted by: subject x
So where's the crisis?

Our economy is already stresses by supporting all the dying but not dead baby boomers... I imagine complete economic collapse when the "Nerd phenomenon" reaches critical mass. This may be a clever ploy by the Japanese to get revenge for WW2.

Possible, maybe, but you still have to explain the vast numbers of non-asian gamer makers. It may work for things like Sega Genesis and Nintendo, but still a lot of non-asians developing those games.

It's possible China and Russia and other unstated enemies of the western powers do use these things--including drugs--to weaken youth. But it's just a speculation. There might be cheese in the moon too.

The gist of what you're saying in this thread is gamers deserve to die early because they're worthless freeloaders. While this is true for some, many gamers are in fact responsible and fully employed. Being fully employed, they're contributing meaningfully to our tax base.

And also you state these aging freeloading gamer-addicts will overload the healthcare system, but Japan has problems:
theweek.com - Why can't Japan shake its economic malaise? Two words: old people....

Let's start with the elephant in the room, which is demographics. Americans over 65 are currently around 14 percent of the population, and are projected to hit 20 percent in 2050. But the over-65 crowd in Japan is 26 percent of its population right now, and is projected to hit 40 percent by 2050. In fact, the number of Japanese between age 15 and 64 has been shrinking in absolute terms ever since it peaked in the mid-1990s.

...They're bleeding off huge amounts of wealth production to care for an elderly population that isn't in the labor force itself. And while that helps aggregate demand, and keeps Japan near the peak of its potential productive capacity, it can't really enlarge that productive capacity by bringing workers back into the economy. In some ways, Japan is actually running its economy pretty hot, and yet both its inflation rate and the projected growth rate of its GDP are both basically nil. Which is just nuts.

Lastly, a large portion of healthcare costs are in the last years of life. For some people, it's in the last weeks. By changing how we provide end of life care, it alone would help a great deal to keep costs down. Another enormous cost are chronic conditions, but those're muddier because it's one thing to make a cost-decision when someone only has days to live and quite another when they might still live another 50 years--especially if they're children.
edit on 10/12/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

originally posted by: subject x
Adding healthy time does not a crisis make.

The last 41.4 days of your life... healthy?

Here is the list of the top killers. 2 could be argued to be "healthy till dead" unless you count depression and despair as not being "healthy" then its only 1. The last 41.4 days are not going to be sunshine.

Heart disease
Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
Chronic lower respiratory disease
Accidents (unintentional injuries)
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
Alzheimer's disease
Diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
Influenza and pneumonia
Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
Suicide (intentional self-harm).

And several of those can be abated, decreased, de-intensified, and lowered by....here it comes....

EXERCISE! It helps to add HEALTHY years...aka years that likely do not need palliative care

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
People shouldn't be healthy, at least that's what the OP seems to imply. I actually kind of agree. If people die at like 50 they can't enjoy retirement, they'll lower social security and health costs and thus the government(s) will have even more money to spend in wars and on their own buttocks.

/sarcasm

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join