It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘Tex’-Files : Engine Stopping UFO - Levelland, Texas 1957

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Another fascinating thread, many thanks to MM and the contributors for an excellent read.

Coincidentally I read earlier today an article about a new Russian microwave weapon. The original article was rather sensationalist, so linked here instead is something that gives the flavour without the cheese:

nationalinterest.org...

Would anyone more electronically-minded than myself consider this type of weapon (or their prototypes) as a potential candidate for some of the cases of electronic failures witnessed in UFO accounts over the past 6 or so decades?

One interesting point the initial article raised was that American development of such electronic warfare weapons was assessed as considerably behind the Russians; although given the source I am not holding that as gospel. Are there any ATS'ers with an opinion / position on this matter too (if not too far off topic)?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Regarding the abducion of Villas Boas there's a whole chapter about it in a book by Mark Pilkington. Unfortunately I can't copy paste from my digital version... In here the name Bosco Nedelcovic pops up being part of some psychological warfare test.

Yes for those who want to know more there is a thread covering the Villas Boas case and it's shady connections to the intel community.

Alien Abductions Debunked? The Secret Story of the CIA's Top Secret Program: MK-ULTRA

It also mentions the project Operation Mirage with UFO incidents being manufactured between the 50s and 60s by the CIA. I don't want to explain it all away with this, but perhaps it gives some extra perspective.

I don't recall a "Project Mirage" myself but it sounds similar to the topic of this thread :

UFOs & the Cold War: Project Palladium

The gist of it being that the early development of radar produced some strange side effects and may have even accounted for Foo Fighters in WWII. After the war ,radar and ECM were improving and a number of UFO cases from the DC July 1952 UFO wave through to the Belgian Triangles in the early 90s are suspected as being part of an ongoing development in electronic trickery.

Can't say I believe it all myself either. I could never nail down a specific UFO case that you could say beyond reasonable doubt was part of Project Palladium. There are certainly cases you can point a suspicious finger at. Levelland would possibly be one of those cases. But I don't see anything to confirm it beyond reasonable doubt.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GovernmentSauce

One interesting point the initial article raised was that American development of such electronic warfare weapons was assessed as considerably behind the Russians; although given the source I am not holding that as gospel. Are there any ATS'ers with an opinion / position on this matter too (if not too far off topic)?

To keep things on topic. It seems we have had the technology for a while to disable a vehicle engine as Phage pointed out early on.

End of the high-speed car chase? Engineers invent system that disables a vehicle's engine remotely using radio beams

So did we have something back in 1957 that perhaps could be mounted on a helicopter, that could disrupt the vital components of the vehicles of the day? Possibly.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Makes me think that these encounters were not accidental and that people like PC Alan Godfrey had a ray aimed at them, to stop their car, and do God knows what to them (Menwith Hill?).

It's hard to have any explanation other than a directed weapon, otherwise we'd see people dying and dropping dead on the spot as Bedlam rightly notes.

-> Engine Stopping Ray
-> Abduction
-> MK Ultra
-> Hypnosis by 'ufologists' to muddle the encounter.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Whoever is putting on these little psychodramas is seriously mentally disturbed.

Kev

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Actually i believe bedlam was talking about a certain type of field effect that would alter how electricity flows.

The key things he said were permittivity, permiability, refraction, and local C. If he didnt mention it than i will and it should be added to his list. Impeadance matching.

But no direct energy weapon. Although im sure he knows about that sorta stuff.

Should get you thinking in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Sorry BASS, could you help me out? I don't really understand how Impedance matching could explain any of this or act at a distance?

Could you give me a more detailed description so I can understand this better? I'm not aware of any physical phenomena to support the field effect you mention Bedlam talking about. If one did exist then why do humans survive and machines show no long long lasting effects?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

To keep things on topic. It seems we have had the technology for a while to disable a vehicle engine as Phage pointed out early on.

End of the high-speed car chase? Engineers invent system that disables a vehicle's engine remotely using radio beams

So did we have something back in 1957 that perhaps could be mounted on a helicopter, that could disrupt the vital components of the vehicles of the day? Possibly.

As the article mentions, the devices can be used to influence (low voltage) electronics. That would stop a modern car. But the cars in those days didn"t have any electronics. It would have had no effect whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

This works by interfering with electronic ignitions and fuel injection systems, by coupling signals into various sense inputs.

It wouldn't have done anything with point-contact-ignition coil systems.

You wouldn't get that "my headlights went off until it passed" thing either. That's probably the hardest bit to explain.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

- 'unconventional Earth technologies' man made craft exerting UFO like consequences as an unintended byproduct.

a reply to: Bedlam

Oh, I'd agree with this one.

But only "an older UFO of that era", right?

Unintended?

BTW:

Thanks much, I am soaking up your posts like a sponge. A really permeable sponge.

edit on 14-10-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Another case involving a UFO of similar description was covered by hangar 1, season 2 episode 6.

Case starts around the 29 minute mark.

edit on 15-10-2016 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nononsense35

a reply to: Bedlam

Guys you misunderstood my point.

I was not implying that the same technology used on modern vehicles to stop them would have been used in 1957.

I was questioning whether back then something else, kept secret, may have been in use to stop vehicle engines. However it seems that we don't know of anything that could do this and also dim headlights.
edit on 15/10/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

I know you were only adding something to the thread my friend and if true then is certainly a similar account.

However "MUFON files suggest..." (as the catch phrase goes) that Hangar 1, entertaining as it might be, is hardly the most accurate UFO show on TV. Most of the stories are unsubstantiated, and it even promotes fakes like the MJ12 files and the SOM-1 documents. I'd like to see better evidence on that case than a Hangar 1 'reconstruction' before I accept it as being completely true.

I did find this list of cases (archived on wayback machine) : /ufo-vehicle-interference

There seems to have been a plethora of cases in France during October of 1954. All involving some kind of interference with engines and headlights.

Oct. 7, 1954 0620 FRANCE, near St-Jeans d'Asse: A milk truck driver, when driving up a small hill, experienced a complete failure of the engine and lights of his vehicle. He got out to inspect the motor with a flashlight that functioned normally. He then saw an intense blue light in the sky shining towards him. The light blinked off in a few seconds, and the engine could be restarted and the lights turned on. (Flying Saucers and the Straightline Mystery, Michel)

Oct. 9, 1954 2120 FRANCE, Cuisy, Seine-et-Marne: As Andre Bartoli was turning his car around when leaving his friend's home, he saw an orange yellow glow in the sky. His car's motor failed at that point. He jumped out to see a cigar-shaped UFO, half the diameter of the moon, traveling in a straight line southwest. ....

Oct. 11, 1954 2200 FRANCE, Chateauneuf: Three young girls, returning from a trip, saw two luminous globes at a low altitude. The engine of their car died and the headlights went out. For five minutes they watched the two globes as they executed several movements..........The car could then be restarted. (Michel)

Oct 11, 1954 0415 FRANCE, Fronfrede: Mr. Baptiste Jourdy, a 30-year-old milk truck driver, while out on his normal route, had his engine suddenly die and headlights go out. He got out to inspect his vehicle and saw overhead a glowing, multi-colored object. It crossed the road at right angles and disappeared in one to two minutes. His headlights came back on and the engine could then be restarted.....

Oct. 11, 1954 0430 FRANCE, near Sassier: Henri Gallois and Louis Vigneron, driving to a fair at Corbigny, both suddenly felt electric shocks through their bodies. The motor of the car died and the head lights went out. They became paralyzed and saw on the ground, 50 yards away, a round object. Three small figures were beside the object. The figures disappeared into the object, which then left rapidly. The headlights came on, the paralysis ended, and the engine could be restarted. A resident of a nearby village reported a UFO at the same time. (Michel)

Oct. 14, 1954 Nightfall FRANCE, St. Romain-sous-Gordon: A Mr. B., riding his motorcycle aIone to Brosses-Thillot, experienced engine failure. As he got off to investigate, a bright light appeared, which was revealed to be a circular object that looked "like a plate turned upside down." After watching it for some time, he pushed the motorcycle down the road, where it then restarted. (Michel)

Oct. 14, 1954 1930 FRANCE, Chazey Wood, near Gueugnon: Two men observed a reddish fireball pass over their car. The motor stopped and the headlights went out. The light quickly passed out of view in seconds, and the headlights came back on. The car could then be restarted. (Michel)

Oct.14, 1954 Niqht FRANCE, Baillolet: Dr. Henri Robert, a veterinarian, noticed four circular objects at a height of less than 1,000 feet. They moved in formation, but one then descended in a "falling leaf" maneuver close to the ground ahead of Dr. Robert's auto. At a distance of 100 yards from the UFO, Dr. Robert felt an electric shock and his engine and lights died. The UFO then landed--Dr. Robert was paralyzed. He saw a small humanoid, about three feet tall. The light on the UFO went out and every thing was dark and silent for several minutes. Then suddenly the headlights came on and Dr. Robert could see the UFO moving away low to the ground. He could now move and had no trouble starting his car. (Michel)........................

And the list goes on.

There is also an interesting paper "THE EFFECTS OF POSITION AND DISTANCE IN UFO IGNITION-INTERFERENCE CASES w

There is also this : UFO INTERFERENCE WITH VEHICLES AND SELF-STARTING ENGINES

Haven't done more than glance at them butI will have a browse over the weekend to see if there's anything interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I have a problem with the entire topic, if it is proposed that a form of human technology was responsible for the listed incidents.

The psychological tendency is to cherry-pick;

for example:

Symptom 1: (say the stopping of a plugs and distributor vehicle, no electronics):
Well! the following technology (insert 1: magntic, emp, yada yada) would do it, with these limitations.

Symptom 2: (say the stopping of headlights of vehicles of this and that era)
Well! the following technology might do it.. but then everyone would die..

Symptom 3: the list goes on.

The problem is, that there is ZERO consistency across incidents of even the same time era
and the proposed solution.

Even worse, there is ZERO consistency across incidents of differing time eras with the
proposed solutions(s).

It's solution(s) not solution.

"UFOs" never have a solution, they have solutions---and none of them ever make sense.

Failed Arguments
---------------------

1) Near magical technology is in common use by humans, that can explain ALL the logical
inconsistencies.

Well.. no... even if you bring in near "Star Trek" levels of "technology" (magic) there are no
feasible solutions unless you evoke "reality control on a local level". (aka magic). And there is
NO evidence of such a technology existing.. there would be vast symptoms of this technology
existing... for example to build nuclear warships, you have huge city-sized nuclear shipyards
that cannot be hidden. I know, I had a secret clearance for nuclear warships..

2. The explanation for various incidents were caused by technology improving over the years.

Well...no.. we still get 'old-style incidents' such as flying saucers, with little dwarves coming
out and interacting with people, nothing has changed for a thousand years apparently.

Reference:

www.ufostalker.com...

Just search for any old-style incident... saucers.. egg-shaped.. little dwarves coming out..
you will get a ton of hits, even in 2016!

In my opinion, the "break-away civ, star trek tech" explanation is just as bad a RUSE
as "ancient aliens".

This topic deserves a much more detailed response than this.. maybe I'll do it sometime..

Kev

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There is no defense for MUFON on this one, even though they apparently had little say over how the History channel produced the show, they could have at the very least posted the original case file on their website for this and other episodes. Most of the case files you can look up in their database, but not this one. If a case is going to be high lighted on your show, they should have fixed this.

I do think this case was at least fairly straight forward, 2 police officers encountered an object of similar description as described in the levelland case while doing a helicopter patrol.

Maybe I am wrong, but I dont think there are too many cases like these where the UFO is essentially described as large glowing object.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Ufostalker.com came back with 28 hits on "large glowing object".

Im sure that slight variations would boost that number to hundreds or thousands.

Kev
edit on 15-10-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

By your very sound proposal - that there are solutions (plural) surely there must be a variety of phenomena inovvolved.

Therefor some must be human technology although I'd agree that the idea of a breakaway civilisation level of technology doesn't ring true.

Perhaps some, like Bedlam's woodland orb encounter are life forms, the type you refer to. Yet he himself does not believe that plasma as we know it can be involved.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Strange, no?

I've never seen an "orb" per se, and I'm 100% open to the concept.

Bedlam has....but isn't open to my explanation.

I *have* seen what (at first until i figured it out) looked like a giant nuts and bolts BTUFO.

Bedlam doesn't believe in "faeries" and seems in denial about how little 50's era saucers, eggs and dwarves are still commonly seen to this day.

As it conflicts completely with his black tech explanation which makes little sense (it makes a little sense).

Do you see the pattern?

Kev

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Do you see the pattern?

*hand up*

*hand down*

No?
edit on 10/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Elucidate.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join